News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 17, 2011, 11:37:42 PM
Christ almighty. So much for protecting and defending the Constitution (not that anyone has been doing that for a long time, but still).

Really, he could have saved time by bringing a copy out onto the stage and just taking a dump on it right there.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Juana

They probably would have cheered him on, too.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Eh hes just afraid of justices doing their job i guess.

Legislating from the benches is shorthand for "im butthurt over the idea of monogamous gays signing a contract and non-whites not being used as decorations for the town christmas tree."
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

deadfong

Quote from: Luna on November 17, 2011, 10:11:03 PM

QuoteCongress is out of touch because Congressmen are overpaid, over-staffed and away from home too much. Americans have had enough.
It's time to create a part-time Congress where their pay is cut in half, their office budgets are cut in half, and their time in Washington is cut in half.
(They apparently can't do their goddamn jobs full-time, how are they supposed to do it part-time?

He must be basing this on Texas-style governance, in which the legislature only meets for four or five months every other year.  Because Texas government has worked so well for Texans, you know.  It's the goddamn Texas Miracle!

LMNO

Oddly enough, congress used to go home quite a bit in the past, as they were concerned about properly reflecting the community's needs.  Now, with the combinaton of perpetual campaigning, the need of money for such, and the massive amount of cash DC lobbyists fling around, they stay in DC to get funds for re-election. 

deadfong

I imagine actually cutting their pay in half would just drive them to the lobbyists even more.  And by cutting their working hours in half, they'd have more time to devote to the lobbyists!  It's a win-win!

Except for, uh, the people, that is.

LMNO

Right now, they don't even have time to read the bills they're voting on, so the best thing to do is give them less.

Jenne

Cain

Cutting their pay in half is even more insidious than the lobbyist thing, because it basically ensures no working or middle class American will be able to earn enough in office to make it worth their time.  It will become the preserve of the independently wealthy...we tried that in the UK, once.  In the 1700s.  Didn't turn out too well.

It also makes actual corruption, well beyond the legal gray zone of what lobbyists do, a certainty.  Least corrupt elected officials in the world?  Those in Singapore.  Highest paid?  Those in Singapore.  If you want to make a position uncorruptable, you have to offer a better deal than anyone else, while punishing the shit out of anyone stupid enough to try and take advantage of their position.  Incentives are everything.  If you're pulling down great pay already, even if you're an amoral sociopath, you're going to think twice about trying to get more through illegal means, because it simply isn't worth the risk.

LMNO

Speaking of corruption, I was just reminded of a thread I wanted to start...

Luna

Jesus fuck.

Quote"Saying it's OK to choose is the same thing as saying it's OK for Hitler to choose," says a fresh-faced young man. He's talking about choosing an abortion in "180," a 33-minute movie comparing legalized abortion to the Holocaust that has so far gotten over 1.5 million hits on YouTube, thanks in part to heavy distribution by fertilized-eggs-as-people promulgators Personhood USA.

http://www.alternet.org/reproductivejustice/153115/new_low_for_right-wing_anti-choicers_--_exploiting_the_holocaust_to_push_anti-abortion_propaganda?page=entire

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on November 18, 2011, 10:29:57 PM
Jesus fuck.

Quote"Saying it's OK to choose is the same thing as saying it's OK for Hitler to choose," says a fresh-faced young man. He's talking about choosing an abortion in "180," a 33-minute movie comparing legalized abortion to the Holocaust that has so far gotten over 1.5 million hits on YouTube, thanks in part to heavy distribution by fertilized-eggs-as-people promulgators Personhood USA.

http://www.alternet.org/reproductivejustice/153115/new_low_for_right-wing_anti-choicers_--_exploiting_the_holocaust_to_push_anti-abortion_propaganda?page=entire

Everytime a man has sex, he kills MILLIONS of gametes.

Who says a gamete has to become a zygote before it counts?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2011, 10:52:48 PM
Jesus fuck.

Every time a man faps, he needlessly murders millions of gametes.  On purpose.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on November 18, 2011, 11:29:41 PM
Jesus fuck.

Allowing men to make that choice is like allowing Hitler to make a choice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2011, 12:18:53 AM
Quote from: Luna on November 18, 2011, 11:29:41 PM
Jesus fuck.

Allowing men to make that choice is like allowing Hitler to make a choice.

"Tell ya what, sport.  You get to make THAT decision for ME right after I get to decide when, where, and how your vasectomy happens.  I have a pocket knife, right here..."