News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2012/09/20/the-poor-get-poorer-3-character-traits-that-undermine-prosperity/?singlepage=true

I think the part I like about this best is this quote:

QuoteGluttonous, slothful, irresponsible and entitled: Today's "poor" are the "rich" Jesus warned us about.

Biblical literalism goes where?  For a fundamentalist, this is terribly inventive, in the same sort of way that, say, Catholicism is.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on September 21, 2012, 11:13:15 PM
http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2012/09/20/the-poor-get-poorer-3-character-traits-that-undermine-prosperity/?singlepage=true

QuoteGluttonous, slothful, irresponsible and entitled: Today's "poor" are the "rich" Jesus warned us about.

Biblical literalism goes where?  For a fundamentalist, this is terribly inventive, in the same sort of way that, say, Catholicism is.

I liked the misleading disposable income graph chart thing. Because SNAP,  Section 8, school lunch programs, utility bill assistance, Medicaid, and TANF are totally just free moneys that you can use for any old thing.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on September 21, 2012, 11:29:06 PM

I liked the misleading disposable income graph chart thing. Because SNAP,  Section 8, school lunch programs, utility bill assistance, Medicaid, and TANF are totally just free moneys that you can use for any old thing.

Dammit, poor people have PHONES. Welfare is out of control.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on September 21, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on September 21, 2012, 11:29:06 PM

Dammit, poor people have PHONES. Welfare is out of control.

Insufficient groveling and forelock tugging.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Dude, poor people who have cell phones? Who think they deserve to eat and not be homeless and have access to health care? Bastinado the entitled bastards!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on September 21, 2012, 11:42:25 PM
Dude, poor people who have cell phones? Who think they deserve to eat and not be homeless and have access to health care? Bastinado the entitled bastards!

:lulz:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Internet Jesus

And here's where I have to wonder,  do they understand that they're cynically twisting the concept, or do they sincerely believe this horseshit?

At what point does the will to believe take over from the naked cynicsm?
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 22, 2012, 04:10:21 AM

And here's where I have to wonder,  do they understand that they're cynically twisting the concept, or do they sincerely believe this horseshit?

We're talking about Christianity here. Right?

The same religion that claims a full third of all humans as adherents, 1 billion of which are Catholics even though they are going to hell even though fifty-some-odd-percent of Christians are Catholic, and that Catholics are roughly equivalent to the amount of Muslims  in the world, because Catholics aren't Protestant and therefore not really real Christians, even though most Christians are Catholic like I said and the remainder quibble amongst themselves to such a minute rate as to make Ratzinger jizz his pants in delight? Seriously? You're asking these people if they believe in horseshit when they're killing each over over horseshit and have been for about 500 years? You're asking a group of people with a subdenomination called the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church who will not even pray with members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America which inherited Davey and Goliath? You're asking these people about horseshit? The same group of people who have splinter groups on one end shouting GODHATESFAGS until their dildoes fall out of their asses vs the other end that goes, "hey man, we're hippies that just use Christianity as a blanket term" on the other? The same group of people that (I have better things to do and you get the point)...

Twid,
Fake  :ninja: Catholic, with friends who are ministers in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, and had a European passport signed by an Antiochan Orthodox Priest
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Internet Jesus

Yes and no.

Perhaps I'm committing a version of the no true Scotsman here, but I sincerely wonder how much of this is Christianty pressed into the service of a cause, and how much of this is a sincere expression of faith.

I know, I know I'm essentially arguing that the source of the bullshit makes all the difference in the flavor of bullshit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is amazing.  :horrormirth: I love how she tallies medical assistance programs as "disposable income".

I've earned $60,000 a year, and I can absolutely say flat-out that at the end of the year, even paying $500/month for health insurance, it's a fuckton  more money than living on assistance. IF you can even get assistance.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 22, 2012, 05:33:19 AM

Yes and no.

Perhaps I'm committing a version of the no true Scotsman here, but I sincerely wonder how much of this is Christianty pressed into the service of a cause, and how much of this is a sincere expression of faith.

I know, I know I'm essentially arguing that the source of the bullshit makes all the difference in the flavor of bullshit.

Well, speaking as a former Papist, and a current :ninja: Papist, and considering that we are the One True ChurchTM with full Black Metal benefits as an add on, all Theistic Satanists welcome....

Christian is simple. There's so many types of Christian that you need but look at the word.

A Christian believes that Jesus of Nazareth was the Messiah promised to the Jewish nation (everything else is... welll.... way crazier than that.... heresy, unless the Pope says otherwise. Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tibi.....)

Twid,
Quantum Catholic. Don't look. It will kill the magix.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on September 22, 2012, 06:05:57 AM
Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 22, 2012, 05:33:19 AM

Yes and no.

Well, speaking as a former Papist, and a current :ninja: Papist, and considering that we are the One True ChurchTM with full Black Metal benefits as an add on, all Theistic Satanists welcome....

Christian is simple. There's so many types of Christian that you need but look at the word.

A Christian believes that Jesus of Nazareth was the Messiah promised to the Jewish nation (everything else is... welll.... way crazier than that.... heresy, unless the Pope says otherwise. Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tibi.....)

Twid,
Quantum Catholic. Don't look. It will kill the magix.

Actually, I quite like that.

Quantum Catholic.

TO FACEBOOK!!!!

Cain

I often wonder that myself.  I suspect it is unimportant, but it bugs me too.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2012, 12:16:53 PM

I often wonder that myself.  I suspect it is unimportant, but it bugs me too.

Ultimately you're probably right, it's unimportant.  We can't be in someone else's head and know what their motivation is, and even if we could get someone like the quoted author to shoot with us, we'd have to take them at their word that they were shooting, and not working us.  But the desire to know where they're coming from and why they feel justified in turning 2,000 years of their own dogma on its head for what appears to be momentary political justification is still there.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]