News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2013, 07:12:55 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 25, 2013, 06:49:56 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on January 25, 2013, 06:38:06 PM
... i think the 'legitmate rape' comment and the notion that the body can prevent things from working in a rape actually does apply to the notion of a woman raping a man, wouldn't it?

Tell that to Nigel's dildoes.

That's not rape, it's evangelism.

:sexybeast:

Elder Iptuous

if it results in pregnancy, then it is obvious that i have *no idea* what horrors she is capable of blessing upon her victims...

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 25, 2013, 07:32:05 PM
If you're lucky, your bones fall out.

And all your skin just sort of flies off.

But isn't that a small price to pay?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on January 24, 2013, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: Pixie on January 24, 2013, 07:50:51 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/new-mexico-abortion-bill_n_2541894.html

AAAND The republicans are at it AGAIN!

The person who intorduced it did clarify what she meant.  And the wording they quoted in the article did say "with the intent to destroy evidence."  Just saying, it's sensationalized.

I read the bill.

If it was purely intended to, say, prevent an incestuous father from forcing his underage daughter to abort a baby conceived when he raped her, the wording would be very different. The way it's worded is very obviously designed to leave room open for pressing charges against women who obtain abortions after being raped, and I am concerned that it's designed to be a partner bill for one of those bills that allows the exclusion of coverage for women or otherwise blocks their access to abortion "except in cases of rape".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Basically, a tripwire for women who get around restrictive laws blockading their access to abortion by claiming it's due to rape. This law makes it possible to go "Ha HA! If you were raped, then aborting this fetus is TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE, and look, since you're not even pressing charges this proves you're trying to protect the perpetrator!"

As far as I can tell, that's ALL this is.

I don't think a woman should have to give a reason for wanting an abortion, ever.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 25, 2013, 09:15:41 PM
Basically, a tripwire for women who get around restrictive laws blockading their access to abortion by claiming it's due to rape. This law makes it possible to go "Ha HA! If you were raped, then aborting this fetus is TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE, and look, since you're not even pressing charges this proves you're trying to protect the perpetrator!"

I don't think a woman should have to give a reason for wanting an abortion, ever.

I don't think anyone should have to give any reason to anyone for anything, so long as it's themselves they're doing it to.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2013, 09:24:57 PM

I don't think anyone should have to give any reason to anyone for anything, so long as it's themselves they're doing it to.

which is, of course, the impasse.  and you're not likely going to be able to convince anyone with an existent opinion that it is only themselves that they are doing it to. (and vice verse)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on January 25, 2013, 09:41:31 PM

which is, of course, the impasse.  and you're not likely going to be able to convince anyone with an existent opinion that it is only themselves that they are doing it to. (and vice verse)

I don't have to convince them.  I just have to try to arrange things so all they can do is holler.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2013, 09:42:25 PM

I don't have to convince them.  I just have to try to arrange things so all they can do is holler.

agreed.  but that's their goal, too. :/

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on January 25, 2013, 09:44:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2013, 09:42:25 PM

agreed.  but that's their goal, too. :/

Well, then, it just comes down to who can be the most obnoxious the longest.

I'm betting on the left.  The right is LOUDER, but the left can be a bigger pain in the ass.

Elder Iptuous

tyrannosaurus vex

AZ: ON A ROLL.
http://legiscan.com/AZ/bill/HB2467/2013

A bill to require all public school students to swear an oath to God and country before they're allowed to get a diploma.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: V3X on January 26, 2013, 03:45:47 AM
AZ: ON A ROLL.
http://legiscan.com/AZ/bill/HB2467/2013

A bill to require all public school students to swear an oath to God and country before they're allowed to get a diploma.

Arizona; The State That Doesn't Quit.

Ben Shapiro