News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on April 10, 2013, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 07:22:22 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on April 10, 2013, 07:21:14 PM
Quote from: stelz on April 10, 2013, 07:20:18 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on April 10, 2013, 07:18:14 PM
Quote from: stelz on April 10, 2013, 07:12:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 10, 2013, 06:38:13 PM
Granddad was a sailor, and dad was kinda one; so even though I suck at sailing, the "jury-rigged" phrase was familiar to me as nautical.  "Nigger-rigged" ain't nothing but straight up racist, though.

Yeah.

And it just occurred to me that several terms like that are for kids' toys and candy. The indoctrination starts early.

Racist toys and candy?  I don't think I have heard about this before, I am curious.

"N- shooters" for rubber shooters, "n- chasers" for those fireworks that go every which way, "n- tits" for Hershey Kisses and "n- babies" for licorice babies.

Texas.  :x

Wow.  I hadn't heard any of those.

One more reason I am scared of Texas.

Texas isn't scary.  Just full of fucking idiots.  Not everyone's an idiot there, mind you, but if you swing a dead cat around, you're not likely to hit Stephen Hawking.

Idiots with guns, who are allowed to shoot you if you are on their property, or if they are "standing their ground"

You seem to be mistaking them for Arizona and Florida.

Texans mostly swill shit beer in horrible little bars, until they become immobile like Jabba the Hutt.  Texa is about as "wild West" as is Cicero, Illinois.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

By the by,

Shockingly.

Edit- Of course it's fucking Australian. It says so on the bastard pack you tit.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Elder Iptuous

i had heard about the fireworks, but not any of the others.
i would think if they were in common use throughout TX, id've heard them at least once.  then again, i've only lived in actual cities in TX.

Bruno

There is a candy that is some kind of chocolate covered creme lump that people call "n-toes" around here. I remember, way back in the day, seeing them labeled as such in stores.
Formerly something else...

tyrannosaurus vex

Twizzler's Nibs.
Note that this name:
- has not been discontinued and is still in active use.
- may seem innocent enough, but imagine what "nibs" is short for.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 10, 2013, 07:45:45 PM

Twizzler's Nibs.
Note that this name:
- has not been discontinued and is still in active use.
- may seem innocent enough, but imagine what "nibs" is short for.

Pen nibs?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

tyrannosaurus vex

The Good Reverend Roger

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 10, 2013, 07:42:51 PM
There is a candy that is some kind of chocolate covered creme lump that people call "n-toes" around here. I remember, way back in the day, seeing them labeled as such in stores.

my grandfather used to call brazil nuts that.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 10, 2013, 07:50:48 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on April 10, 2013, 07:42:51 PM

my grandfather used to call brazil nuts that.

Holy crap! Mine too, now that you mention that. I had completely forgotten about that. My grandpa wasn't "Racist," though. He allowed this one black guy into his house on occasion.*

* This, in his mind, made him "progressive."

Junkenstein

How to win friends and influence no-one part 111897/B-
QuoteThere's never a good time or place to go on an anti-gay tirade, but onstage at a club in San Francisco owned by a gay man, in front of many gay fans, is probably near the bottom of the list.

Michelle Shocked, a singer-songwriter whose sexuality was once fairly ambiguous, stunned fans Sunday night at Yoshi's Jazz Club with a homophobic rant, according to USA Today. The 51-year-old singer reportedly said that if California's Proposition 8, which effectively bans gay marriage, is overturned, "it will be the downfall of civilization, and Jesus will come back."

(WATCH: Hillary Clinton Announces Support for Gay Marriage)

As her rant went on, fans left the show en masse. Yahoo Music reports that Yoshi's sound operator, a gay man, finally pulled the plug and asked Shocked to leave the stage, though she managed to shout "You can go on Twitter and say, 'Michelle Shocked says God hates f–s!'" to what remained of the confused audience before departing.

Several venues across the country, from Evanston, Ill. to Boulder, Colo., have canceled upcoming performances.

The fact that Shocked was widely believed to be gay makes the whole thing no less, well, shocking. After beating out the Indigo Girls and Tracy Chapman for a 1989 Grammy, Shocked joked that the award should have been for "Best Lesbian Vocalist." And in a 1990 interview with the now-defunct Chicago gay dispatch Outlines, she talked about the fluidity of her sexuality, waxing nostalgic about her first sexual experience with a woman.i

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/19/singer-who-everyone-thought-was-a-lesbian-spews-anti-gay-hate-at-concert/?iid=obnetwork
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

But don't they want Jesus to come back?

I'm confused by Christian eschatology as interpreted by morons.

Junkenstein

I think this is how you get Wrathful Jesus instead of Party Jesus.

Everyone loves Party Jesus.

Luna

Quote from: Cain on April 11, 2013, 01:40:56 PM
But don't they want Jesus to come back?

I'm confused by Christian eschatology as interpreted by morons.

Hell, no, they don't.  If Jesus comes back, he might just decide to tell them what he REALLY meant.  I suspect a lot of this particular type, on some level, realize that this might, for them, be a BAD THING.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."