News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Ah, he means the Heritage Foundation's health care plan?

The conservative Heritage Foundation who had this to say about Mandela:

QuoteThe Heritage Foundation was a clubhouse for apartheid backers; as late as 1990, when Mandela had been freed from prison and traveled to the U.S., Heritage suggested he was a terrorist, "not a freedom fighter."
As late as 2003, the National Review attacked Mandela for opposing the Iraq war. His "vicious anti-Americanism and support for Saddam Hussein should come as no surprise," NR wrote, "given his longstanding dedication to communism and praise for terrorists."

LMNO

Anna Mae Bollocks

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/loch-ness-monster-real-dinosaur-biology-books-taught-louisiana-school-article-1.1102340

Quote...Students who are eligible for taxpayer-funded vouchers will be allowed to attend Eternity Christian Academy in Westlake for the 2012-13 school year, according to reports.

The startling claim about Nessie's authenticity is made to bolster creationism within the textbook, the Scotsman newspaper reported Monday. The Loch Ness Monster is described as a type of dinosaur, and if dinosaurs and man co-exist, then presumably there would be holes in the scientific argument for evolution.

"Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence," the textbook reads, according to the newspaper.

"Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 31, 2013, 05:12:00 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/loch-ness-monster-real-dinosaur-biology-books-taught-louisiana-school-article-1.1102340

Quote...Students who are eligible for taxpayer-funded vouchers will be allowed to attend Eternity Christian Academy in Westlake for the 2012-13 school year, according to reports.

The startling claim about Nessie's authenticity is made to bolster creationism within the textbook, the Scotsman newspaper reported Monday. The Loch Ness Monster is described as a type of dinosaur, and if dinosaurs and man co-exist, then presumably there would be holes in the scientific argument for evolution.

"Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence," the textbook reads, according to the newspaper.

"Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

Faced with the lack of actual scientific support, just make some up! Nobody'll be the wiser!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Having Bachman oppose you is sort of like gaining an ally.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like how her logic is that since the bill didn't say anything about gays, it wasn't about them, and the gays are making it about them by pointing out that it would be used to deny them service, and that's bullying because not letting someone bully you is exactly the same as bullying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 04:42:46 PM
I like how her logic is that since the bill didn't say anything about gays, it wasn't about them, and the gays are making it about them by pointing out that it would be used to deny them service, and that's bullying because not letting someone bully you is exactly the same as bullying.

The right has been trying this role reversal since 2004.  You notice how effective it's been.  To the dems and the middle, they look like hilarious hypocrites.  To the right, they look weak & whiny.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 04:47:37 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 04:42:46 PM

The right has been trying this role reversal since 2004.  You notice how effective it's been.  To the dems and the middle, they look like hilarious hypocrites.  To the right, they look weak & whiny.

They can't throw themselves under a bus fast enough!  :lol:

Cain

Corey Robin's idea is that this role-reversal, far from being a new thing, is actually at the heart of the conservative political project.

Conservatism to him is a revanchist outlook which develops as a reaction against emancipation initatives of the left.  Therefore it adopts and co-opts the language of the left while maintaining it is, in fact, the "real" victim and that liberals and leftists are hypocrites - or worse, actively seeking to seize power through propaganda war against conservative values.

So far, the Republican Party seem to trying their hardest to not only prove him right, but base their entire party progam around The Reactionary Mind

LMNO

That book is pretty amazing.  Scarily accurate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2014, 05:17:16 PM
Therefore it adopts and co-opts the language of the left while maintaining it is, in fact, the "real" victim

It IS the real victim.  Has been for 10 years now, probably another 10 to go.

The Good Reverend Roger

Remembering, of course, that "victim" doesn't necessarily mean "good guy".

Junkenstein

Yeah, Salon, but the links aren't bad at all:
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/10/right_wing_pundit_ben_shapiro_says_colberts_act_is_vile_political_blackface/

QuoteAs Thursday drew to a close, many could be forgiven for assuming that the right wing's biggest freakouts over CBS's hiring of Stephen Colbert had already occurred, and that essentially no one was going to be able to top Rush Limbaugh when it came to wild hyperbole on the matter. But then Breitbart editor Ben Shapiro posted a new article about Colbert at his media watchdog website Truth Revolt, and all that changed — forever.

Shapiro has long distinguished himself for writing unhinged, idiotic and hateful things. He tried to smear Chuck Hagel by saying the former senator had a relationship with a group called Friends of Hamas, for example. Such a group did not, does not and likely will not exist. He's urged Israel to engage in ethnic cleansing. He's argued that there's no discrimination against LGBT people in America today. The list goes on.

His latest act of beclowning, though, may be his best/worst yet. After sending off multiple tweets of pouting outrage over Colbert's hiring earlier in the day, Shapiro penned a column that argued that Colbert's shtick of pretending to be a conservative pundit while acting like a bigot and fool was the moral equivalent of performing in blackface.

This is almost worth a read for it's outright insanity:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentary/stephen-colberts-vile-political-blackface
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.