News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Hey, they already have some pretty cool respondants though, like good ol' John Franklin on page two:

QuoteIf they reformed the education policies and kids got smarter, the Republicans would lose their base.  

:lulz:

Jenne

Quote from: Jenne on February 24, 2010, 07:08:48 PM
Hey, they already have some pretty cool respondants though, like good ol' John Franklin on page two:

QuoteIf they reformed the education policies and kids got smarter, the Republicans would lose their base. 

Ok, and now I feel a newfound respect for the forumites on the gop site:

Quote from: Michael oxbigg
Quote from: John Franklin (10/14/2009)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If they reformed the education policies and kids got smarter, the Republicans would lose their base.

Not nice , John !   But funny.  especially after seeing the tea bag rallies and 9/12 rally.  I was embarrassed.

Requia ☣

Correct me if I'm wring but isn't the only federal control over education (besides constitutional stuff like Brown v.)  no child left behind?  I'd support going back to state level stuff over that monstrosity too.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

...and then you'll have prayer and Creationism in the middle states.

NOFUCKINGTHANKYOU

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 24, 2010, 07:41:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wring but isn't the only federal control over education (besides constitutional stuff like Brown v.)  no child left behind?  I'd support going back to state level stuff over that monstrosity too.

1.  It's Brown vs Board of Education that they're bitching about, for the most part.

2.  Title I funding is bad?  Why?

3.  Kansas and the Appalachian states will become defacto theocracies in a generation.
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

Creationism is one of those constitutional issues.  Short of amending the constitution the status of that isn't changing.

The funding existed long before NCLB, and I support it, more money is nice, even if it doesn't fix the systematic problems (and isn't enough to fix the problems that can be fixed with money).

Jenne

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 24, 2010, 07:55:01 PM
Creationism is one of those constitutional issues.  Short of amending the constitution the status of that isn't changing.

The funding existed long before NCLB, and I support it, more money is nice, even if it doesn't fix the systematic problems (and isn't enough to fix the problems that can be fixed with money).

HAR.  You're funny.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 24, 2010, 07:45:13 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 24, 2010, 07:41:10 PM

3.  Kansas and the Appalachian states will become defacto theocracies in a generation.

...they practically are already.  Ever see who runs for 1) Mayor 2) Sherriff 3) Bd of Ed in places like these?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 24, 2010, 07:55:01 PM

Keep on believing.
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

Or the republicans manage to appoint a couple more Scalias to the supreme bench.

Forgot that scenario  :oops:

Iason Ouabache

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-mayor/article-23470426-women-more-troubled-by-bag-theft-than-rape-bnp-candidate-claims.do

QuoteThe Standard can reveal that Nick Eriksen, the BNP's London organiser and the second-highest candidate on its list for the Assembly, is the author of "Sir John Bull," a notorious far-Right blog which has regularly advocated hatred and abuse against women. The disclosure will be a serious blow to the BNP's hopes of London electoral success.

On 24 August 2005, Mr Eriksen wrote: "I've never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the feminazi myth machine into believing that rape is such a serious crime ... Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal.

"To suggest that rape, when conducted without violence, is a serious crime is like suggesting that forcefeeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence. A woman would be more inconvenienced by having her handbag snatched.

"The demonisation of rape is all part of the feminazi desire to obtain power and mastery over men. Men who go along with the rape myth are either morons or traitors."

On 5 November 2005, in an item entitled "Give her a slap!," Mr Eriksen approvingly quoted Noel Coward as saying: "Some women are like gongs - they need to be struck regularly." On 8 November, he claimed that "the vast majority of domestic [assaults] are initiated by the woman." Mr Eriksen also wrote on 24 November 2005 that mothers "should never go out to work" and described career women as "unnatural and vile... it is a strange kind of woman who would want to invest [her] energies into her job rather than into a man."
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Elder Iptuous

so, that blog is actually for real?
not satire?..... if so, wow.

also, it sullies the name of a rather awesome hat, the John Bull Topper, that the iconic figure wore...

Iason Ouabache

http://rawstory.com/2010/03/delay-unemployment-benefits/

QuoteFormer House Majority Leader Tom DeLay says that Sen. Jim Bunning was "brave" for blocking an extension in unemployment benefits.

DeLay subscribes to the notion that people only try to find jobs when their benefits run out.

"There is an argument to be made that these extensions, the unemployment benefits, keep people from going and finding jobs," he told CNN's Candy Crowley Sunday.

"In fact there are some studies that have been done that show people stay on unemployment compensation and they don't look for a job until two or three weeks before they know the benefits are going to run out," he argued.

"People are unemployed because they want to be? " asked Crowley.

"Well, it is the truth. And people in the real world know it," said DeLay.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on March 07, 2010, 07:45:59 PM
http://rawstory.com/2010/03/delay-unemployment-benefits/

QuoteFormer House Majority Leader Tom DeLay says that Sen. Jim Bunning was "brave" for blocking an extension in unemployment benefits.

DeLay subscribes to the notion that people only try to find jobs when their benefits run out.

"There is an argument to be made that these extensions, the unemployment benefits, keep people from going and finding jobs," he told CNN's Candy Crowley Sunday.

"In fact there are some studies that have been done that show people stay on unemployment compensation and they don't look for a job until two or three weeks before they know the benefits are going to run out," he argued.

"People are unemployed because they want to be? " asked Crowley.

"Well, it is the truth. And people in the real world know it," said DeLay.

Tom DeLay.
Molon Lube