News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Also Fuji, the loans banks gave out were only a very small part of the problem.  They initiated the crisis, but without a range of near imcomprehensible financial products, such as CDOs, and massive, unregulated meta-speculation (banks were literally placing bets on people placing bets, that's how bad things were) the crisis wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as it was.

Hell, if you read some internal Goldman Sachs memos, as well as pay attention to some of their people that have been dragged in front of Congress, GMS actively sought to cause a market meltdown, because they were secretly betting against banks like Lehman Brothers and AIG, often based on information that they shouldn't have had (technically called insider trading but in reality massive corporate espionage).  The biggest banks may well have wanted a meltdown because they knew they were "too well connected big to fail" and so when the bailouts came, they could then buy up their less fortunate opposition at bargain basement prices, or else just take over their markets.

AFK

Quote from: Cain on July 07, 2010, 01:01:56 AM
Uh, I actually believe no-one is tying Obama's hands at all.  He's never met a problem he didn't want to compromise on, and that is why the right will eat him alive, because for them, compromise is weakness and unacceptable.  At this stage I'm already looking forward to the day he has to flee the USA just to avoid the roaming bands of lunatics that will want to kill him.  It's unfair that Bush didn't get the same send off, but such is life.

I have to agree with Cain here.  I think Obama probably had every intention to come in and get stuff done.  Healthcare, clean energy, DADT, stimulus, education, etc., etc.  Then the Gates thing happened.  Everyone and their uncle from the right pounced and pretty much crucified him in the press, even though, he was pretty much correct with what he said at that press conference.  He got scared, and ever since, he's been the Compromiser in Chief.

At this point, his Presidency feels like a bandaid.  He's probably been successful in stopping the bleeding from the wound that Bush & Co. caused.  But he has been unsuccessful in rallying the Democrats and the electorate that put him into office to actually get any meaningful agenda going.  Healthcare was a meh.  If the financial reform thing ever gets passed it will be the same deal.  Bottom line, the Republicans and the Tea Party nuts made him blink.  If he doesn't get his stones back, and soon.  I dunno. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

tyrannosaurus vex

I think Obama means well, and I think at heart he is more liberal than Cain says. But he is also an opportunist and he's got a metric fucktonne of ambition. He's cold and calculated, even if he has a heart for the "little people." So right now I think he's trying to play everything safe. I don't expect to see him make any drastic moves unless he gets re-elected. But that likely won't happen for the reasons I gave earlier.

Because he is playing everything so safe and compromising away everything he can get his hands off of, he is seen as weak and ineffective, even if these "compromises" amount to more than has been done in the Progressive vein for 40 years. Then again, it's kind of funny to watch Obama being groomed and managed by people who obviously have no clue about how to present a President to the public, ruining his image before he ever gets a chance to ruin it himself (which he would, if they gave him a chance).

I don't think most Americans are really sure what they want, though, so to try and please us at this point is probably pointless anyway.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: vexati0n on July 07, 2010, 03:10:51 PM
I don't think most Americans are really sure what they want, though, so to try and please us at this point is probably pointless anyway.

there's iron in those words, i think.
i sure as hell don't know what i would do, if given the reins...
further, the ones that are 'sure' of what they want are wrong, for various reasons, from what i've seen.

Iason Ouabache

From the comment section over at Clownhall:

The easier divorce becomes, the more people will use divorce as an escape from responsibility and work. Sure, there are some divorces that are truly necessary (my own was a prime example). But such divorces are in the minority; they should be the *majority* of (a much smaller number of) divorces.

:lulz: I nearly poomped myself.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/29/sharron-angle-opposes-abo_n_629371.html

QuoteManders: I, too, am pro life but I'm also pro choice, do you understand what I mean when I say that.

Angle: I'm pro responsible choice. There is choice to abstain choice to do contraception. There are all kind of good choices.

Manders: Is there any reason at all for an abortion?

Angle: Not in my book.

Manders: So, in other words, rape and incest would not be something?

Angle: You know, I'm a Christian and I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for each one of our lives and that he can intercede in all kinds of situations and we need to have a little faith in many things.

That's right, God has a plan for incest babies. Probably something to do with a banjo.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jasper

Quote from: Iptuous on July 07, 2010, 07:29:30 PM

further, the ones that are 'sure' of what they want are wrong, for various reasons, from what i've seen.

It is important to remember that democracy is predicated on the assumption that people know what they want.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 11, 2010, 06:24:21 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on July 07, 2010, 07:29:30 PM

It is important to remember that democracy is predicated on the assumption that people know what they want.

Or at least that they know what's good for them. Either way, we're screwed.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Kai

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 11, 2010, 04:38:53 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/29/sharron-angle-opposes-abo_n_629371.html

QuoteManders: I, too, am pro life but I'm also pro choice, do you understand what I mean when I say that.

Angle: I'm pro responsible choice. There is choice to abstain choice to do contraception. There are all kind of good choices.

Manders: Is there any reason at all for an abortion?

Angle: Not in my book.

Manders: So, in other words, rape and incest would not be something?

Angle: You know, I'm a Christian and I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for each one of our lives and that he can intercede in all kinds of situations and we need to have a little faith in many things.

That's right, God has a plan for incest babies. Probably something to do with a banjo.

The irrationality stings like a motherfu- okay, that would have been in bad taste.  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Juana

Sorcerer Terrorism!
This whole page is gold.
Dear 50 Governors of America, The Governments of each State of America, (sent to the fifty governor of America news and UN offices around the world, and more)

Hi my name is Paiboon Sunthonchart Jr. I am the author of "Freedom From The Word', and "The Devil is Forgiven"... I have had the number one most looked at website out of over a million websites, when looking up "Sorcery Rape" and google.com... I am also the main source for Bible Scripture in "The Sorcery War" for the world.

... Today in America, America is battling Sorcerer Terrorism, from neighbor and what must be stopped, government from President Obama, to partner Hillary Clinton, and computer men terrorist, who are working in wars of terror, that has even raped people, along with attacks attacking children and families.

What is going to come to this terrorism attacking from a few people, but in the divinity war, attacking the world from only a few people. In Saudia Arabia and other countries, these types of treason, are crimes leading to death. Right now Clinton and Obama, and computer hacker terrorist, could be looking at murder charges from the government, along with charges of treason, attacking all of Americans ... ... The people of America, want to know what is the government going to do to stop, the terrorism coming from the government.

- Government arresting these terrorist working in America, must happen, for the three hundred million American's they have attacked. There should be no thought of impeachment but arresting the terrorist in governments working in witchcraft, remember, witchcraft is a crime.

- What is the world to think, when they shout, they are going to take over the world, and attack people, people of America, who do not agree will think, that they are bringing threats of bombs to our country and people of America, for government officials, talking loud and stupid in the war of Holy. It is stupid business of high school bullies, of only a small hand-full of terrorism by sorcery, that American government must stop. To American people and governments watching The American Civil War of Sorcery, American government looks weak, and the American people will see the same about the government, when the American government is afraid and ran by people afraid of a few sorcerers, when the Americans in the working world, take the sorcerers they are afraid of, out of body.

Remember, President is sworn in by the Bible, the courthouses will use the Bible, our public school teaches of God, our money will teach of "in God We Trust"... and our "Pledge of Allegiance" will teach that America is one nation under God, and the people want to live in freedom... All countries of the world, and the American's need the fifty governors of American States to stand strong against this government sorcery, and all sorcery attacking the world.

Thank- you Paiboon Sunthonchart Jr.

Sunthonchart is a write-in candidate for the Senate in Florida.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

LMNO

I wonder who exactly decides to google "sorcery rape" on a whim...

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on July 13, 2010, 01:11:53 PM
I wonder who exactly decides to google "sorcery rape" on a whim...

Snape/Potter slashfic aficionados?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

LMNO

Good point, I should have thought of that.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hover Cat on July 13, 2010, 12:00:54 AM
Sorcerer Terrorism!
This whole page is gold.
Dear 50 Governors of America, The Governments of each State of America, (sent to the fifty governor of America news and UN offices around the world, and more)

Hi my name is Paiboon Sunthonchart Jr. I am the author of "Freedom From The Word', and "The Devil is Forgiven"... I have had the number one most looked at website out of over a million websites, when looking up "Sorcery Rape" and google.com... I am also the main source for Bible Scripture in "The Sorcery War" for the world.

... Today in America, America is battling Sorcerer Terrorism, from neighbor and what must be stopped, government from President Obama, to partner Hillary Clinton, and computer men terrorist, who are working in wars of terror, that has even raped people, along with attacks attacking children and families.

What is going to come to this terrorism attacking from a few people, but in the divinity war, attacking the world from only a few people. In Saudia Arabia and other countries, these types of treason, are crimes leading to death. Right now Clinton and Obama, and computer hacker terrorist, could be looking at murder charges from the government, along with charges of treason, attacking all of Americans ... ... The people of America, want to know what is the government going to do to stop, the terrorism coming from the government.

- Government arresting these terrorist working in America, must happen, for the three hundred million American's they have attacked. There should be no thought of impeachment but arresting the terrorist in governments working in witchcraft, remember, witchcraft is a crime.

- What is the world to think, when they shout, they are going to take over the world, and attack people, people of America, who do not agree will think, that they are bringing threats of bombs to our country and people of America, for government officials, talking loud and stupid in the war of Holy. It is stupid business of high school bullies, of only a small hand-full of terrorism by sorcery, that American government must stop. To American people and governments watching The American Civil War of Sorcery, American government looks weak, and the American people will see the same about the government, when the American government is afraid and ran by people afraid of a few sorcerers, when the Americans in the working world, take the sorcerers they are afraid of, out of body.

Remember, President is sworn in by the Bible, the courthouses will use the Bible, our public school teaches of God, our money will teach of "in God We Trust"... and our "Pledge of Allegiance" will teach that America is one nation under God, and the people want to live in freedom... All countries of the world, and the American's need the fifty governors of American States to stand strong against this government sorcery, and all sorcery attacking the world.

Thank- you Paiboon Sunthonchart Jr.

Sunthonchart is a write-in candidate for the Senate in Florida.

He's probably right, you know.
Molon Lube

Kai

Just not in the way he thinks he's right.