News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Discordian Evangelism

Started by Cramulus, December 09, 2009, 02:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Iron Sulfide on August 14, 2010, 06:54:50 AM
how possible would it be/what would it take to get Anti-Erisian propaganda on the Jack Van Impe hour?

The guy who said God sends the souls of sinners into black holes?

Not much Id assume.
:lulz:

In all seriousness, an Idea I had was that we could create our own christian "study" on the shocking rise of Erisian Paganism among the youth of today. We could also detail the horrid things that Eris worshipers do like Sex orgies and defaming churches and nativity scenes. Connecting it to the "Homosexual Agenda" would probably be our best bet. We could have "statistics" about the prominence of Eris worship among homosexuals in California, perhaps linking the Judge from the Prop 8 ruling with this "Anti-christian Erisian gay sex cult".

Another Idea would be to infiltrate christian forums and spread rumors about this dangerous Eris cult. Perhaps we could even infiltrate some of the Ex-Gay christian forums.

The key to all of this is to not name "Discordia" directly, because then just a quick google search would reveal it all as a joke. Wed have to make sure it was always an unnamed and mysterious group that worshiped Eris.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

the last yatto

Aww look another concordian :fnord:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Ruby

Cramulus: There are probably less than a thousand of us in the world. And by "us" I mean people who identify, at least in part, with Eris. A lot of you would never call yourselves a Discordian outright, but let's be straight, all of us are Discordians.

Me: This reminds me of so many of the f*cked in the head individuals I know, bound within their own confusion (Eris being the representation of confusion driven by revenge.) and hell-bent on taking everyone else down with 'em. So, before I get a thousand knives my way, joining this site and finding myself corrected ;D is sure to be an experience.
"I think I should warn you that I am, in fact, a librarian."
--Noah Wyle as Flynn, in The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Ruby on August 14, 2010, 11:10:40 PM

Me: This reminds me of so many of the f*cked in the head individuals I know, bound within their own confusion (Eris being the representation of confusion driven by revenge.) and hell-bent on taking everyone else down with 'em. So, before I get a thousand knives my way, joining this site and finding myself corrected ;D is sure to be an experience.

Wat
:kingmeh:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Ruby on August 14, 2010, 11:10:40 PM
Cramulus: There are probably less than a thousand of us in the world. And by "us" I mean people who identify, at least in part, with Eris. A lot of you would never call yourselves a Discordian outright, but let's be straight, all of us are Discordians.

The English language is amazing. It has only 26 letters in its alphabet, but from those 26 letters, millions of words can be composed. Using those words, there are limitless possible sentences, a never-ending array of thoughts that can be conveyed.

Amazing, however, is not magical. That is, at least some possible combinations of words are completely meaningless and unintelligible.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Ruby

Vexati0n: Amazing, however, is not magical. That is, at least some possible combinations of words are completely meaningless and unintelligible.

Hmmhmm, like your thought process proves.

tyrannosaurus vex

Now, for something semi-constructive. Well, at least some random thoughts I have on the subject of Discordian in general and Discordian Evangelism in particular.

Discordianism has been compared to Zen Buddhism. I think to an extent there are philosophical similarities between the two traditions, but I doubt that comparison is very useful to a Discordian evangelist. While both Discordianism and Buddhism mention "enlightenment" at some point, the two versions of "enlightenment" are not very similar at all.

In Buddhism, "enlightenment" is a state of awareness where the physical realm and the self fade or disappear completely, leaving only true consciousness, and allowing the practitioner to behave in a universally compassionate and wise manner. The enlightened Buddhist is thus freed from the chains of mortality and ego.

In contrast, Discordian "enlightenment" consists of the practitioner achieving a state of awareness where the physical realm and the self remain, but where the political, religious, and groupthink instincts disappear; and the practioner subsequently acts like a damned uncivilized jackal. Thus, the enlightened Discordian is freed from the chains of peer pressure and from the social predetermination of his destiny. It may be worth noting that the enlightened Subgenius is nearly the same, except he is also freed from $30.

Now as for evangelism, we have to be careful, if we are evangelizing Discordianism, to portray it as what it is. Discordianism is almost anything, which should make this part easy; unfortunately, what Discordianism is not is much easier to convey to a person. Discordianism is not, for example, a strictly intellectual pursuit. It is not a thing where you say "oh I got it now" and then behave as if the thought never occurred to you that you are actually a free agent around here and you can pretty much do what you want.

Most (successful) evangelism for other, more respectable religions is done by providing an example first and an explanation last, with as many possible barriers between the example and the explanation as possible in order to filter out the merely-curious from (or convert them to) the genuinely-interested. The examples set by successful evangelists have historically taken the form of behavior that is a welcome and surprisingly attractive alternative to the Status Quo, while being as absolutely non-threatening as possible. Early Buddhist evangelists were extremely polite, compassionate, and respectful among people where were used to boorish and violent behavior.

I think the best idea is one that displays a clear, easily-accessible, starkly different, but eminently plausible alternative to mainstream thought patterns. The first and most likely people to notice will be those who are already looking for an alternative but haven't found the right one yet, so the evangelical approach should be one that targets that kind of person directly. Don't aim for people who are already successful and happy doing whatever it is society tells them to do, aim for people who have been left out. That doesn't mean unpopular subcultures, necessarily, since many of those are more cult-like and have a firmer grasp on their members' imaginations than the mainstream anyway.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Ruby

That is all really fantastic! However, is it proven within individual works, or is it merely a philosophical approach. The evidence of 'Zen' like behaviour is not at all what I have been a witness to thus far, and so, hence, :lutz: I came here to find out from more than 'a select few'.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Ruby on August 15, 2010, 01:17:21 AM
That is all really fantastic! However, is it proven within individual works, or is it merely a philosophical approach. The evidence of 'Zen' like behaviour is not at all what I have been a witness to thus far, and so, hence, :lutz: I came here to find out from more than 'a select few'.

:horrormirth:
That post gave me cancer.

Don Coyote

You have a hard time at reading comprehension don't you?

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: The Great Bovinity on August 15, 2010, 01:31:35 AM

I think he might be a dyslexic. Or some strange breed of troll.
Perhaps some strange breed dyslexic troll.

BadBeast

She has an outstanding talent for wilfully misunderstanding just about anything anybody says. It's either going to develop into hilarious posts, or die the usual "Crap Troll" death, suffered by the last
*insert number* crap Trolls.

(Sorry to say,I suspect the latter)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Don Coyote

Quote from: Kingderp on August 15, 2010, 01:34:22 AM
Quote from: The Great Bovinity on August 15, 2010, 01:31:35 AM

I think he might be a dyslexic. Or some strange breed of troll.
Perhaps some strange breed dyslexic troll.

This person has a huge amount of stupid. She thought, for whatever reason, that coming here from TCC would be a good idea.

BadBeast

It is a good idea though. Now she can be as stupid as she wants, (Obviously her way of asking  for help  :fap: )   And now we can "help" her without getting sat in a corner, or constantly berated by MyldTwat  WyldKat, saying "Fucking leave it out you stupid Discordians" "Now now children, play nicely". (Which is getting right on my tits, btw if she is reading this)

I think there may be a few more defectors from TCC posting here, **Sniffs air** which is fine. It's only stupids when they try trolling us, in revenge for outing Snakeman. (TCC's very own Big Gay Cowboy)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4