News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Mock me Roger for I am English

Started by MMIX, December 11, 2009, 09:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

In LMNO's thread Fact check, plz Roger said
QuoteSilly English people.    :lulz:

No wonder you had to hire Germans to run your country.

Here's something to give you  a laugh Roger -I'm not actually sure that there has ever been an English monarch of the Kingdom of England. The Neanderthals came over then there was the tribal times, then the Romans [Italian] then the dark ages - more tribalism. The Angles and Saxons were germanic, the Normans were French, King Arthur was mythical. Our favourite hero king, Richard the Lionheart didn't speak English and hardly set foot in the damn country, his evil brother John did deign to live here and was repaid for that ridiculous affectation by revolting Barons who made him sign Magna Carta.  The Tudors were Welsh, the Stuarts started out Scots and ended up Dutch and when they ran out of Dutchmen we were taken over by the Germans, from Hanoverians  [the people not the horses] to our current deeply beloved Saxe-Coburg-Gothas. Oops sorry I meant the House of Windsor. Are you still laughing because it really is utterly giggleworthy. Oh, and then there was Monty Python, which is just about appropriate I suppose
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

It's true... Merry Old England is a Slut.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

MMIX

drunk as a skunk and all laid and splayed . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

Quote from: MMIX on December 11, 2009, 09:21:40 PMJohn did deign to live here and was repaid for that ridiculous affectation by revolting Barons

Those revolting barons, they never did wash.
"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009

Thurnez Isa

wow
what the hell would happen if I got this uppity every time someone made a joke about Canadians, or being French...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 11, 2009, 10:34:43 PM
wow
what the hell would happen if I got this uppity every time someone made a joke about Canadians, or being French...

I'm pretty sure it would make you, by definition, significantly less French.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

MMIX

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 11, 2009, 10:34:43 PM
wow

apparently the intended humour of this passed you by, ah well, everyone's a critic . . .
Its traditional British self-deprecating humour. Sorry you didn't get a giggle out of it. And apparently uppity means something different in Canada.

Thurnez Isa

That's why you called Roger out in the subject
for some self deprecating humour right?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

MMIX

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 11, 2009, 11:47:57 PM
That's why you called Roger out in the subject
for some self deprecating humour right?

I did WHAT??? The flying fuck I did
no I made a joke and instead of stinking LMNO's thread up I put it here

Thurnez Isa

I probably misread it then... sorry if I did

Dante

MMIX

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 11, 2009, 11:54:16 PM
I probably misread it then... sorry if I did

no sweat, and can I be nosey? Are you first language French?

Thurnez Isa

Sort of. I come from a french Canadian family (Northern Ontarian so a mostly slang dialect), but in late high school I switched over to primarily English, then after high school I went to being completely English. After 10 years I could barely write in French anymore since all my friends are English. Though believe it or not I can actually write 5000 word lab reports in about 2 night. It would have took me a week just a few years ago.

Dante

bugmenоt

This is a very difficult conflict.
                                          \

MMIX

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 12, 2009, 12:08:43 AM
Sort of. I come from a french Canadian family (Northern Ontarian so a mostly slang dialect), but in late high school I switched over to primarily English, then after high school I went to being completely English. After 10 years I could barely write in French anymore since all my friends are English. Though believe it or not I can actually write 5000 word lab reports in about 2 night. It would have took me a week just a few years ago.

Wow it must be so cool to be bi-lingual. I wondered 'cos sometimes your word orders are just a bit different than I expect. I live in Wales but speak very little Welsh myself, though my kids all learned it in school, and you hear that almost subliminal difference in sentence structure in first language Welsh speakers.

The Johnny

Quote from: Saint Bourgeoise on December 12, 2009, 12:12:40 AM
This is a very difficult conflict.
                                          \

DOG WITH BOOBS  :fap: :fap: :fap:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner