News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Advertisement on behalf of Scottish Tourism

Started by P3nT4gR4m, December 17, 2009, 12:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: FP on December 18, 2009, 05:19:00 AM
snipping the Patented Multi Nested Convoluted Payne/Fictionpuss Quote Screed.

Dude, I just like fucking with you. If an old joke that requires the least amount of effort ever (Add equal parts Fictionpuss, Face punching, and Scotland. Mix well and serve over a bed of shredded butthurt) an gets THIS kind of reaction out of you, then my work is already done.

As I said, be prepared to hear this joke for the rest of your days.

LMNO

Srsly.  "Punched in the face by a Scot" has been elevated beyond your petty drama. 

Get over it, and wallow in the meme.

Payne

LMNO

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: LMNO on December 18, 2009, 01:50:15 PM
Srsly.  "Punched in the face by a Scot" has been elevated beyond your petty drama. 

Get over it, and wallow in the meme.

THIS! IT'S YOUR MEME, INNIT! Your moment of PeeDee in-joke that MAY just last longer than your posting here.

Face it dude, its your LEGACY! ;)

i think you're now less of a douche than the guy who posted the crazy for you thread, incidentally FP, and hold no beef. Just a spatula.

AFK

It could be worse.

Just ask Aini, Dead Kennedy, AKK, Lamanite, etc., etc.,
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

(for some reason I think it's okay to stick my nose into this business, apologies if it is not)

Quote from: Payne on December 18, 2009, 12:27:00 AM
Seems pretty clear to me, plus a fuckton of other posts in that self same thread. Oh, I'm not saying that the people debating you were 100% right all the time. I just love your accusation that ALL SCOTS ARE BIGOTS, which you did by suggesting you only like the bits of Scotland with NO Scots in it and then diving into stereotype and incredibly broad generalisations. It's hilarious to me, especially because you seem so confident and sure of your towering capabilities. You're a smart guy, sure, I just love poking at you over that completely retarded statement.

It kind of makes me wonder, I'm not sure if you did notice (with you spending less time on PD and all), but FP did clear up somewhat on the douchebaggery front (yeah FP, I said it :-P).

But he did say those things. He also admitted they were wrong things and over the top hyperbole things, more than once.

Of course there is a kernel of truth in what he said, and this kernel is probably the fact that he (without generalisation) may have been (violently) mistreated by various Scots, for the apparent reason of being non-Scottish.

Now I wonder, and this is more a question to FP than to you, Payne, in how much part this mistreatment can have been caused by said douchebaggery?

FP, what do you now think, if you were in the same or similar situation (an Englishman in Scotland), would you get into the same kind of trouble?

Or would you tell yourself that they are all monkeys and just need some excuse, any excuse, and KYFMS? (or something, I dunno what the situations were)

Really though, now this joke so obviously irritates the living fuck out of you, be prepared to see more of it.

Quote from: FP on December 17, 2009, 11:39:38 PM
Quote from: Payne on December 17, 2009, 11:33:10 PM
As for this "bonus" crap, you can cut that shit out right now. Your speculations on anything regarding Pixie and myself are not welcome, partly because I'd like to keep that shit off the boards to a large extent but mostly because I just plain don't like you.
For the record I wasn't speculating about anything with the "bonus" comment - noting that a t-shirt was inspired by the last round is hardly an invasion of your privacy. You'd do well to take the advice you gave me and not take it so personally.

You have speculated in the past. To wit:

Quote from: PayneNow, Pixie is a big girl and can look after herself (I know this from personal experience)

Yes, she is slightly taller than you, isn't she?

But yeah, if you mock and misrepresent me, I'm going to stand up for myself. This shouldn't be coming as a surprise.

How's that working out for you so far?

(hint: mocking or satire carries more and/or different force than plain argument, don't you just love discord?)

Quote from: Payne on December 18, 2009, 01:30:09 PMDude, I just like fucking with you. If an old joke that requires the least amount of effort ever (Add equal parts Fictionpuss, Face punching, and Scotland. Mix well and serve over a bed of shredded butthurt) an gets THIS kind of reaction out of you, then my work is already done.

Payne, you are a horrible bastard.

And I mean that in the most horrible way.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Payne on December 18, 2009, 01:30:09 PM
snipping the Patented Multi Nested Convoluted Payne/Fictionpuss Quote Screed.

Dude, I just like fucking with you. If an old joke that requires the least amount of effort ever (Add equal parts Fictionpuss, Face punching, and Scotland. Mix well and serve over a bed of shredded butthurt) an gets THIS kind of reaction out of you, then my work is already done.

Huh. I guess I asked for that. Does it still count as a punch to the face if I'm the one running into your otherwise stationary fist?

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 18, 2009, 02:07:51 PM
Now I wonder, and this is more a question to FP than to you, Payne, in how much part this mistreatment can have been caused by said douchebaggery?
In the case of being accosted by strangers for being a scrawny kid with an offensive accent - I'd say next to none.

You open your mouth to buy a train ticket, and the next thing you know the random kids who were in the line behind you are now crowding you on the train. Groups of kids will do that sort of shit anyway, but when they find a built-in excuse it's much more frequent and not evenly distributed.

FP, what do you now think, if you were in the same or similar situation (an Englishman in Scotland), would you get into the same kind of trouble?

Or would you tell yourself that they are all monkeys and just need some excuse, any excuse, and KYFMS? (or something, I dunno what the situations were)
Well I definitely think I would have had an easier time if I'd just taken a beating, kept my mouth shut and stayed in the shadows.

Really though, now this joke so obviously irritates the living fuck out of you, be prepared to see more of it.
Meh, I don't mind the joke. It's the feud/animosity that bugs me the most.

But yeah, if you mock and misrepresent me, I'm going to stand up for myself. This shouldn't be coming as a surprise.

How's that working out for you so far?

(hint: mocking or satire carries more and/or different force than plain argument, don't you just love discord?)
Not ideal, but it seems like the best option left out of a bunch of bad choices.

Captain Utopia

Triple Zero

Quote from: FP on December 18, 2009, 03:26:09 PM
In the case of being accosted by strangers for being a scrawny kid with an offensive accent - I'd say next to none.

You open your mouth to buy a train ticket, and the next thing you know the random kids who were in the line behind you are now crowding you on the train. Groups of kids will do that sort of shit anyway, but when they find a built-in excuse it's much more frequent and not evenly distributed.

either a Dutch accent doesn't do it, or I just happened to meet only nice Scots when in Edinburgh, then.

Meh, I don't mind the joke. It's the feud/animosity that bugs me the most.

just pointing out this is misquoted, Payne said that.

Payne

(for some reason I think it's okay to stick my nose into this business, apologies if it is not)

It kind of makes me wonder, I'm not sure if you did notice (with you spending less time on PD and all), but FP did clear up somewhat on the douchebaggery front (yeah FP, I said it :-P).

But he did say those things. He also admitted they were wrong things and over the top hyperbole things, more than once.

Of course there is a kernel of truth in what he said, and this kernel is probably the fact that he (without generalisation) may have been (violently) mistreated by various Scots, for the apparent reason of being non-Scottish.

Naw man, it's a public forum. Say what you want.

Yes, I am aware that FP is less Douchbaggy lately. Still like poking him once in a while though.

And yes, I even admitted that there is a serious and pernicious bigotry problem in Scotland. I just like to make jokes about it. As I recall this makes me and every other person who does also a bigot. Of course, the fact that I as a Canadian with a Canadian accent who had to deal with very much the same thing growing up has no bearing what so ever on my own views on the matter. (Payne: Was repeatedly beaten for being different. Can still make jokes about it and doesn't appear to blame even a majority of Scots, let alone virtually every single one. [I know he didn't actually mean to do this, but it can be read as such].)

I never disputed that he had been subject to violence. I only had a problem to his reaction to it. And so made a joke about it and drove it into the ground. And will continue to do so.

Quote from: PayneNow, Pixie is a big girl and can look after herself (I know this from personal experience)

Yes, she is slightly taller than you, isn't she?

Yes. Yes she is. But she has a bigger slap and bigger boots for shin kickery.

Payne, you are a horrible bastard.

And I mean that in the most horrible way.

:oops:

Do I have to sit on the naughty step now?

LMNO