News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

BBC asks: "Should homosexuals face execution"?

Started by Cain, December 17, 2009, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

No, really.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/dec/16/bbc-africa-have-your-say

QuoteThe BBC today asked users of its news website "Should homosexuals face execution?" on a talkboard discussion for a World Service programme for African listeners.

Posted on a BBC News premoderated talkboard, the thread was designed to provoke discussion ahead of the latest edition of interactive World Service programme Africa Have Your Say.

"Yes, we accept it is a stark and disturbing question, but this is the reality behind an anti-homosexuality bill being debated on Friday by the Ugandan parliament which would see some homosexual offences punishable by death," the post said.

The talkboard post asked users to send in their views to the programme, which goes out on the World Service and is also available online.

"Has Uganda gone too far? Should there be any level of legislation against homosexuality? Should homosexuals be protected by legislation as they are in South Africa? What would be the consequences of this bill to you? How will homosexual 'offences' be monitored?," the post added.

Premoderated posts included one from Chris, Guildford, posted at 8.59am, which attracted 51 recommendations of support. He wrote: "Totally agree. Ought to be imposed in the UK too, asap. Bring back some respectable family values. Why do we have to suffer 'gay pride' festivals? Would I be allowed to organise a 'straight pride' festival? No, thought as much!! If homosexuality is natural, as we are forced to believe, how can they sustain the species? I suggest all gays are put on a remote island somewhere and left for a generation - after which, theoretically there should be none left!"

Another, from Aaron in Freetown, said: "Bravo to the Ugandans for this wise decision, a bright step in eliminating this menace from your society. We hope other African nations will also follow your bold step."

:x :x :x

LMNO

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR BEARFORCE1.

QUICK!  TO THE BEARMOBILE!

LMNO

Incidentally, I think we need a BEARFORCE1 smiley.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Well, its a good question to bring out the best of the horrible humans.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

It's a non sequitur.  And I can tell my head is just not in with the rest of the world (yet) because from the title of the OP I was thinking 1) for what crime? and then 2) what?! not execute them just because they're GAY? but what if they killed-murdered-raped-blah-de-blah (though I'm not through-and-through pro-capital punishment).

Sigh.

Iason Ouabache

I've got a better idea. How we take all of the people who answer that question with a "yes" and execute them instead. It's a win-win situation in my book.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

themenniss

QuoteIf homosexuality is natural, as we are forced to believe, how can they sustain the species?
i hear this question so often.  :horrormirth:
population control anyone?

homophobia is fucking ridiculous. i mean it's not like they're all out to butt-fuck everything that moves!
'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

Nast

Quote from: themenniss on December 18, 2009, 07:38:03 AM

QuoteIf homosexuality is natural, as we are forced to believe, how can they sustain the species?
i hear this question so often.  :horrormirth:
population control anyone?

homophobia is fucking ridiculous. i mean it's not like they're all out to butt-fuck everything that moves!

We aren't?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Brotep

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 18, 2009, 06:32:01 AM
I've got a better idea. How we take all of the people who answer that question with a "yes" and execute them instead harvest them for stem cells. It's a win-win situation in my book.

fixed

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: LMNO on December 17, 2009, 08:53:05 PM
Incidentally, I think we need a BEARFORCE1 smiley.

I thought we already had one...

:bsex:

Cain

Urgh.  Quotes from the BBC site, collected by ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com

QuoteHomosexuals should not be executed. But homosexuality should be recognised for what it is – a perversion of natural sexual relations. Instead in our Godless humanistic society it is almost now being given some sort of protected and elevated status.Homosexual marriage is a travesty and an abomination. As is homosexuals in leadership positions in the church. One sign of a decaying society is the legitimising and the widespread practice of homosexuality.One of the major reasons for the fall of Rome

The Rev Oik, Reading

QuoteI believe if you asked most "straight" men they would tell you they find homosexual acts abhorrent but you would find few that would advocated executing homosexuals.

We did have legislation in this country but it was removed by parliament.

However I do think it is too much " in your face" these days ,ably assisted by the BBC – you just have to look at some of their presenters.But I suppose diversity brownie points are the route to promotion

[prettygrumpy]

QuoteThe basic act of homosexuality may be abhorent to some, but apparently it is not this one act the constitutes homosexuality, as practioners would have you believe it is a cultural/lifestyle thing that is totally in keeping with the 21st century. It is though based solely on this one act, and doesn't merit "rights".
The death penalty – no. Just pay more taxes than hetros.

The Big Fish, Stockport, United Kingdom

Just in case you think this is a one off example of HYS bigotry, lets look at how HYSers feel about stoning a man to death for adultery:

QuoteFunny how it's considered repulsive to stone a man to death for adultery yet acceptable in "more civilized" societies for people to cheat on their spouses.

Hmm... If only this was standard punishment for all adulterers.
Posole, Los Angeles, California

QuoteWhen my ex-husband had an affair, I would have loved to throw stones at his head. Stupid human right laws.
Liz, Washington

QuoteAt least he didn't get 'community service' like the scumbags here get.

The state of our world continues to sicken me.
Katy, Buckingham

QuoteThis sort of action could stop the spread of aids??
CJ, Ireland

QuoteA bit harsh for adultery (Cheetah Woods must be glad he is not African).
Good idea for murder, rape and paedophilia (No apologies to the PC Liberal Brigade)

Lighten up a bit, think of the Stoning Scene in "Life of Brian"
Any women here, are you sure?
Arkley Barnet, Still here

QuoteExcellant photography,pictures are so clear.
kc, scotland

dontblameyoko

BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

Cain

Have Your (fascist, ill-informed and screechingly bigoted) Say

Iason Ouabache

This seem rather tame by American standards. I need to get a clean IP and see what Rapture Ready had to say about this law.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘