News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Chicken-Liver-Heart

Started by Sepia, March 28, 2010, 03:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepia

We're becoming too responsible. We've reached a certain degree of anarchy or simply awareness that we have begun to take the responsibility. To man up. To accept fate but to toil on still. Our global society, our global civilization is turning responsible. We are representing responsibility through the media. Our people, our global fucking village have bred forth the cruelest beauties ever conceived. We now have vegetarian vampires and emotional werewolves. We have some of the vile monsters from the past neutered and warped in along with a happy meal in mcmasai. Some would say that we're all becoming more japanized and perhaps they're right, this might just be a trend something we sitting in it can't really see as we try to live our lives. It might be nothing, it might be something else but that don't really change the facts. We've made vampires and werewolves, as a society, into something that you'll wake up to at six in the morning on disney channel. If you are entertained by what you fear, what does it say about you, as a person?

This is the road we walk now, the road we drive on, miles and miles of asphalt eating dinosaurs as we step on it through the open landscapes, imagining that we're in a movie because it's the only time we get good memories we want to hold on to so that's what we fill our lives with. The desert stretches for miles, the mesas rising like black mountains in the far off. Something is off, it don't feel natural out here, the closer we get to the mesas, the more solid the feeling grows in our gut, exposing and exploding it, inside it we will find answers. The rock in australia isn't a sleeping giant that used to sing the world, we find our surprises in the new world. The pilots have their tummies exploded and we see the exposed meat and it's old and alien.

The dreams turn us into children. Frightened and scared, we leap over fences, dodging bullets from the vets across the street and we wonder if it was better before we find that it feels good to be at home. It feels nice to be inside the four walls with none near to break it, it feels like something old is ruling the world again, storms are said to be gathering like crows, we are left inside, petrified and despairing over the possibility of a power shortage. Huddled in the couch we feel a warmth, a sensation of something strange and different taking hold of our hearts, introducing happiness amidst the storm and jeopardy on the tv and we keep thinking that line again, we keep thinking its nice to be home. It's nice to be safe.
Everyone will always be too late

Thurnez Isa

:mittens:

Took me a while to get to this, but I really like it a lot.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

also bump for people who missed this
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cramulus

wow man, I really enjoyed this one too.

I love the contrast between the emotional monsters from Twilight and the real fear you get from your own personal nightmares. You point out that the fear creates the sense of safety - it sheds an interesting light on the all-american family of vampires from Twilight.

In my mind's eye, my most vivid memories are the cinematic ones. I know what you're talking about, applying that 8mm filter to the mind's lens. This is the proper theater for modern mythology.

you knock my socks off sometimes sepia