UK shamed. Uruguay, Hungary, better places to live.

Started by Cain, January 15, 2010, 05:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

And the southwest, and parts of London.

Basically, Kensington is alright.  On a sunny weekday afternoon.  If you squint at it properly.

Jasper

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 18, 2010, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: Felix on January 15, 2010, 09:06:15 PM
Quote from: Fredamir Putin on January 15, 2010, 08:36:13 PM
if the french have been #1 for 5 years why are they always COMPLAINING

Probably that's the reason they have it so good.  Portlanders often complain about issues too, and it's (factually) the greenest, and (arguably) most liberal state in the union.

Portland is not a state. And I'm curious about your definition of "greenest", and for that matter, of "factually".

I did misspeak, I know it's not a state.  Also, with some actual research I have come to the conclusion that I was talking directly out of my ass.  Portland isn't that green really, compared to other places like Madison, WI and Honolulu.

Dysnomia

too much smog and smoke(fires/pot) where I live.   :p
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Felix on January 18, 2010, 11:35:11 PM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 18, 2010, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: Felix on January 15, 2010, 09:06:15 PM
Quote from: Fredamir Putin on January 15, 2010, 08:36:13 PM
if the french have been #1 for 5 years why are they always COMPLAINING

Probably that's the reason they have it so good.  Portlanders often complain about issues too, and it's (factually) the greenest, and (arguably) most liberal state in the union.

Portland is not a state. And I'm curious about your definition of "greenest", and for that matter, of "factually".

I did misspeak, I know it's not a state.  Also, with some actual research I have come to the conclusion that I was talking directly out of my ass.  Portland isn't that green really, compared to other places like Madison, WI and Honolulu.

Honolulu qualifies as "green"? Dear god. We are all doomed.

Jasper

"Green" is very vague, but it wins by some metrics, such as air quality.