News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

UK shamed. Uruguay, Hungary, better places to live.

Started by Cain, January 15, 2010, 05:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://www.internationalliving.com/Internal-Components/Further-Resources/quality-of-life-2010

You Amerispags did pretty well, at seventh.  Canada isn't bad at 9, either.  Auspags came second though and France came first for the fifth year in a row.

The UK, however, came behind such economic powerhouses as Belgium and Lithuania, in 25th place :sad:

LMNO

I was hoping Spain would have been higher on the list.  for some reason, i have a desire to retire in Barcelona.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Interesting, I would have guessed the Scandanavian countries higher, though top 20 is nothing to sneeze at I suppose. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on January 15, 2010, 07:27:54 PM
Who the fuck wants to live in France?

The South of France (Provence and near the Mediterranean) is so the bomb.  NOTHING like the north and Paris/environs.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 15, 2010, 07:29:08 PM
Interesting, I would have guessed the Scandanavian countries higher, though top 20 is nothing to sneeze at I suppose. 

Weather, dude, weather.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

if the french have been #1 for 5 years why are they always COMPLAINING

Jenne

Jasper

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on January 15, 2010, 08:36:13 PM
if the french have been #1 for 5 years why are they always COMPLAINING

Probably that's the reason they have it so good.  Portlanders often complain about issues too, and it's (factually) the greenest, and (arguably) most liberal state in the union.

Suu

Rhode Island has some of the best beaches and temperate summers in the nation and we still find reasons to bitch about it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Epimetheus

I've never complained about California.  :)

But I digress. It's cool to see the U.S. that high on the list; the others are basically what I expected based on other such lists I've seen (I can't base it on my own knowledge because I have none of other countries :p).
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Requia ☣

You live in California and can't find anything to bitch about?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS