News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Werewolf Signup Topic

Started by Remington, January 17, 2010, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

Quote from: Cainad on January 17, 2010, 08:36:14 PM
Quote from: Remington on January 17, 2010, 08:11:26 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 17, 2010, 02:52:36 PM
Kill everyone. The only way to save the forum is to destroy it. Call in the napalm strikes.

Game over.
It's possible to win as the villagers. Especially if the psychic survives for any appreciable length of time.

The thing about the psychic is that the longer he survives, the more dangerous he gets.

And he stays alive longer if the werewolves don't find out who he is. Something for the player to keep in mind.
Precisely. The problem for the psychic is how to distribute their valuable information without getting offed by the wolves. And if someone is claiming to be the psychic and calling for a lynch on a particular person, how can you be sure that person (the accuser) isn't a wolf?
Is it plugged in?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Remington on January 17, 2010, 09:29:30 PM
Kill everyone. The only way to save the forum is to destroy it. Call in the napalm strikes.

Game over.
It's possible to win as the villagers. Especially if the psychic survives for any appreciable length of time.

The thing about the psychic is that the longer he survives, the more dangerous he gets.

And he stays alive longer if the werewolves don't find out who he is. Something for the player to keep in mind.
Precisely. The problem for the psychic is how to distribute their valuable information without getting offed by the wolves. And if someone is claiming to be the psychic and calling for a lynch on a particular person, how can you be sure that person (the accuser) isn't a wolf?

Hee... I think I know how I'd play the psychic (having never been in that position before in this type of game), but I'd be glad to play in any capacity. Sign me up!

Remington

Quote from: Cainad on January 17, 2010, 09:32:05 PM
Quote from: Remington on January 17, 2010, 09:29:30 PM

Game over.

Hee... I think I know how I'd play the psychic (having never been in that position before in this type of game), but I'd be glad to play in any capacity. Sign me up!
Awesome.

Also, a note to everyone:
Player roles (werewolves and psychic) will be selected by printing out all players' names, flipping them face-down, and shuffling randomly. This is to ensure true randomness in the selection (or as close as possible, anyway).
Is it plugged in?

bugmenоt

I wanna play!

What about doing this in IRC?

Freeky

I want to play, too!

Quote from: Saint Bourgeoise on January 18, 2010, 02:46:18 AM
I wanna play!

What about doing this in IRC?

It'd be really hard for people to catch up on what happened when they were away, if it was in IRC. I would think, anyway.

The Johnny

Come on you guys! You all sure enrolled to play fantasy football!

:lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Storebrand

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: JohNyx on January 18, 2010, 03:02:51 AM
Come on you guys! You all sure enrolled to play fantasy football!

:lulz:

there were only 8 people in fantasy football  :argh!:

Iason Ouabache

I'll play too, even though I have no idea what I'm doing.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Remington

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 18, 2010, 06:35:39 AM
I'll play too, even though I have no idea what I'm doing.
Don't worry, the basics are pretty simple. Welcome to the game!
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Bump for more players. We need at least 15, if not 20.
Is it plugged in?

Cain

Despite the gross unfairness of me having read Game Theory texts all afternoon in order to figure out strategies for victory, I also throw my hat in the ring.

Rumckle

OK, I'm in, but I'm still traveling, so my internet access isn't always assured.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Remington

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2010, 12:11:09 AM
Despite the gross unfairness of me having read Game Theory texts all afternoon in order to figure out strategies for victory, I also throw my hat in the ring.

Quote from: Rumckle on January 19, 2010, 02:14:37 AM
OK, I'm in, but I'm still traveling, so my internet access isn't always assured.

Awesome!

Also, don't worry about your internet access. That's what the 24-hour days and nights are for, to allow for equal participation amongst those who might not have steady internet access (or who are in different timezones).
Is it plugged in?

LMNO

Is there any way we could re-name this thing so it doesn't sound like a half-assed LARP?