News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Kopyleft Principia Discordia Audiobook (Can such a thing be done?)

Started by Rev.Spade, January 17, 2010, 11:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev.Spade

I always wondered if that fucking thing ever existed and I did search far and wide for it but never could find anything even slightly close to it.

I'd be willing to embark on such a project of making a decent enough PD audiobook and I also wonder if some people wanna get to it too?

BabylonHoruv

I'd like to be involved.  I've got pretty good audio software and a decent microphone.

A fair amount of what is in the Principia is visual art so obviously we'd need to leave that out.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cainad (dec.)

I'll get my good microphone back sooner or later, and we can make this work. The interview at the beginning should be done with two people, same when Eris talks to him through the radio. I think it would be neat to have a whole bunch of different voices involved in this.

Rev.Spade

This was my first goal, to get alot of people into this because the more we get that ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING, the less work it will be, the more variety we will have and maybe more ideas can be thrown in the mix.

I thought that some of the images that has text can either be inserted somewhere like at the beginning/middle or end of a lecture as long as it has text. It can be read normally or recorded and then inserted backwards to prone moar chaos. Also, I am not against the idea of inserting an ''Extras'' section where people add their own lectures not from the PD but rather inspired by the actual discordian mindset

The Fundamentalist

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 18, 2010, 12:54:04 AM
A fair amount of what is in the Principia is visual art so obviously we'd need to leave that out.

Perhaps this is a bit ambitious, but could auditory art (music) be substituted?

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: The Fundamentalist on January 18, 2010, 04:24:55 AM

Perhaps this is a bit ambitious, but could auditory art (music) be substituted?

I had thought about that.  I make what I consider to be fairly Discordant music.  The only problem I see there is an excess of pinealism and/or noize.  However as long as we keep a limit on how much audio art any one person contributes it could work.

It also means we are expanding on the original PD considerably, but that isn't really a bad thing.

-Dok Howl

Rev.Spade

It also means we are expanding on the original PD considerably, but that isn't really a bad thing.

I believe that making a PD audiobook of our time with additional content would be great. All we need is to know who is willing to audio record which pages of the PD and who is willing to add extra content after or during the completion of the project and then, make a big thing out of it either as one big single audio file or as a chapter by chapter downloadable thingy

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Rev.Spade on January 18, 2010, 04:54:46 AM

I believe that making a PD audiobook of our time with additional content would be great. All we need is to know who is willing to audio record which pages of the PD and who is willing to add extra content after or during the completion of the project and then, make a big thing out of it either as one big single audio file or as a chapter by chapter downloadable thingy

I'd say definitely chapter by chapter.  it makes downloading it easier and also makes playing it a more pleasurable experience since they can go right to the chapter they want.

-Dok Howl

Rev.Spade

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Rev.Spade on January 18, 2010, 05:09:44 AM
Chapter by chapter in a single zipped file sounds good

That or as an album.  So those with slow or intermittent connections can download a chapter at a time.

(or both, to make it easy for those with fast or slow connections)

-Dok Howl

Rev.Spade

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 18, 2010, 05:16:48 AM

That or as an album.  So those with slow or intermittent connections can download a chapter at a time.

True. A city folk like I tend to forget about that...

So as for now, we'd need more people willing to want it. IMO, the more we can be to do this, the more diversified and awesome it could become

Iason Ouabache

That or as an album podcast.  So those with slow or intermittent connections can download a chapter at a time.

Podcast would work better so you can release chapters episodically and have an automatic RSS feed for people to follow.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

the last yatto

id rather hear a podcast of some of the BIP material personally
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I've been developing scripts for a Discordian Radio show which included bits of the PD, BiP and some 'game shows' (Discordian Squares for one)...

But I keep getting distracted!

I think its a great idea to audiobook the PD, I'd be happy to help :)

Rat "used to be on the Radio" atosk
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Rev.Spade

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 18, 2010, 07:45:24 AM

That or as an album podcast.  So those with slow or intermittent connections can download a chapter at a time.

Podcast would work better so you can release chapters episodically and have an automatic RSS feed for people to follow.

In fact, this is why chapter by chapter would be a good idea because since it will be kopyleft, anyone can use it for their own radio show

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 18, 2010, 04:39:10 PM
I've been developing scripts for a Discordian Radio show which included bits of the PD, BiP and some 'game shows' (Discordian Squares for one)...

But I keep getting distracted!

I think its a great idea to audiobook the PD, I'd be happy to help :)

Rat "used to be on the Radio" atosk

Can I have a download link to that. I'd like to listen to that. I know I've been on hiatus of my show for a while due to lack of inspiration but I thought of getting back to it this week or the next