News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

BREAKING: Christian Group Lend Aid to Haiti With... SOLAR POWERED BIBLES!

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, January 19, 2010, 09:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Hey, something just occurred to me.  What if this is just a huge, tasteless pun?

"See the light"?

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: dimo on January 19, 2010, 10:12:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 10:00:54 PM
Quote from: dimo on January 19, 2010, 09:07:36 PM
:horrormirth:
How I abhor christians.

All of them?

I suppose not all of them. Mostly Roman Catholics. My folks are RC's, and we get along pretty good. But on the other hand, I feel like alot of people that consider themselves RC these days are really Protestants or Agnostics, but because they were raised "Roman Catholic" they think that's what they are. Too much lying and hypocrosy for me. And it doesn't help that I just finished a West. Civ. class and history is a terrible character witness for christianity. Not to mention the whole thing's steeped in so much secrecy and bullshit. Anything that avoids being upfront should be avoided, IMO. Really, though? Bibles for an earthquake? What a waste of resources. You don't see anyone else sending Holy books instead of, y'know, fresh water.

Dimo-
Admitedly, doesn't know a whole lot about it.

Catholics tend to be one of the better denominations as far as actually providing food, medicine, clothing etc. to those in need.  They have a terrible track record as far as encouraging impoverished people to breed like caddis flies, but they do at least have their heads on straight enough to know that a starving homeless person in rags needs food, shelter, and clothes before they need the scripture.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Freeky

Quote from: Felix on January 20, 2010, 03:28:35 AM
Hey, something just occurred to me.  What if this is just a huge, tasteless pun?

"See the light"?

Dimocritus

Quote from: Fuquad on January 19, 2010, 10:33:45 PM
Anything that avoids being upfront should be avoided, IMO.
Care to explain how this falls in line with the concept of KYFMS?

There's a difference between keeping your mouth shut and being deceptive.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 20, 2010, 03:32:29 AM
How I abhor christians.

All of them?

I suppose not all of them. Mostly Roman Catholics. My folks are RC's, and we get along pretty good. But on the other hand, I feel like alot of people that consider themselves RC these days are really Protestants or Agnostics, but because they were raised "Roman Catholic" they think that's what they are. Too much lying and hypocrosy for me. And it doesn't help that I just finished a West. Civ. class and history is a terrible character witness for christianity. Not to mention the whole thing's steeped in so much secrecy and bullshit. Anything that avoids being upfront should be avoided, IMO. Really, though? Bibles for an earthquake? What a waste of resources. You don't see anyone else sending Holy books instead of, y'know, fresh water.

Dimo-

Catholics tend to be one of the better denominations as far as actually providing food, medicine, clothing etc. to those in need.  They have a terrible track record as far as encouraging impoverished people to breed like caddis flies, but they do at least have their heads on straight enough to know that a starving homeless person in rags needs food, shelter, and clothes before they need the scripture.

Which of course makes the organized child abuse, hatred of contraception and aid rendered to Nazi war criminals perfectly all right.

Cain,
thinks people who think the Catholic Church is one of the betters one may be ignorant of recent history.

Requia ☣

There's a deep disconnect between different parts of the Catholic church.  Because actually leaving it just isn't done.  Hell I know Catholics who want to shoot the Arch Bishop, and they *still* go to a Catholic mass at least a few times a year.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2010, 08:50:38 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 20, 2010, 03:32:29 AM
How I abhor christians.

All of them?

Dimo-

Which of course makes the organized child abuse, hatred of contraception and aid rendered to Nazi war criminals perfectly all right.

Cain,
thinks people who think the Catholic Church is one of the betters one may be ignorant of recent history.

Thank you, Cain. It would have taken me four times the words to get that out, and it still would have been only a fraction as clear.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Suu

Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 20, 2010, 09:47:24 AM
There's a deep disconnect between different parts of the Catholic church.  Because actually leaving it just isn't done.  Hell I know Catholics who want to shoot the Arch Bishop, and they *still* go to a Catholic mass at least a few times a year.

My parents hate everything about the church and my mom wishes regularly that she hadn't gotten any of us baptized. I didn't have a choice when it came to my Confirmation, but my brother and sister did.  :argh!:

-Suu
Had a cross-shaped zit plot on her forehead from the Holy Vaseline for weeks.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on January 20, 2010, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 20, 2010, 09:47:24 AM

My parents hate everything about the church and my mom wishes regularly that she hadn't gotten any of us baptized. I didn't have a choice when it came to my Confirmation, but my brother and sister did.  :argh!:

-Suu
Had a cross-shaped zit plot on her forehead from the Holy Vaseline for weeks.

I was Catholic, before I got better.  I just left.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

My parents changed their minds when I was in high school after my name had already been sent to the Vatican. So somewhere over there, is my name and the saint name that I picked "Felicity" in some sort of master record of every confirmed Catholic in the world. I think the Bishop may have implanted a microchip with the Holy Vaseline or something...and then when the time is right, all of us wayward Catholics will be under some sort of mind control and form up against the rest of the world.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on January 20, 2010, 05:09:09 PM
My parents changed their minds when I was in high school after my name had already been sent to the Vatican. So somewhere over there, is my name and the saint name that I picked "Felicity" in some sort of master record of every confirmed Catholic in the world. I think the Bishop may have implanted a microchip with the Holy Vaseline or something...and then when the time is right, all of us wayward Catholics will be under some sort of mind control and form up against the rest of the world.

I, for one, welcome our overlord in the dress and funny hat.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 05:10:49 PM

Because the whole outfit makes him an easier target???

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on January 20, 2010, 05:31:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 05:10:49 PM

Because the whole outfit makes him an easier target???

No, because I hate people, and the concept of original sin is deserved by anyone dumb enough to believe in it.

Brotep

Roger, you really shine in a thread like this  :lulz:

I'm waiting for the Instructable that tells you how to turn the solar-powered Bible into something cool, like a perpetual invocation of Cthulhu, or an mp3 player that never runs out of power.

Looks like it has a hand-crank generator, too.  Just think of the possibilities.
hxxp://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/proclaimer