News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Boredom+Facebook+Repulicans=?????

Started by Dimocritus, January 20, 2010, 08:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Brian ***** congrats to Scott Brown on a classy campaign and a stunning victory. Hey Obama, CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?!!? 8 hours ago ·

Kyle ***** "yes we can!" haha... awesome.
8 hours ago

Me           The guy's a fraud. "Independant" is going to be the new method of fence-sitting and a way to veil true intentions as well as a way for people to get support from groups that would have, otherwise, not supported them. And, no. Obama can't hear you, he is now "The Man," and "The Man" doesn't give a crap about anything other than "The Man."
4 hours ago ·

Kyle ***** People are fed up with this health care bill being shoved down their throats. "The Man" doesn't care what the people of this country want, he only cares about his political agenda, his back room deals, the favors that he owes. Right now this country needs more candidates like Scott Brown who will be a voice for the "little people" in a time when "The Man" has stopped listening. That is why he was elected, in my opinion. The people against the Machine... "Now we are the machine" - really liked that quote, btw.
2 hours ago

Me             Ha ha ha! The voice of the little people is now "The Man!" Funny how that works.You've just been sold out, bud. In the meantime, all this ass-hat is going to do is halt any type of progress with more partisan bull-shit (ie, NOT what the "little people" want or need). Ha ha at the quote. "Now we are the Machine?" You like being assimilated? Guess what. "The Machine" is so old and self sustaining that it can't be destroyed. But it can be reprogrammed, which isn't going to happen as long as people keep doing the same shit over and over (ie bi-partisan politics). Are you aware of the "definition" of insanity? Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.
2 hours ago ·

Me              And you're right, people are fed up with the health-care bs. We need to keep America focused on over-seas military occupations.
2 hours ago ·

Kyle ***** not to turn this in to a debate on brians profile, though I am sure he will have plenty to say... But - I wasn't sold out on a damn thing, I don't even live in Mass either, btw. I am not your bud, you don't know me, and don't any thing about my political views. I am stating my opinions because I am excited for this historical victory. No matter what, I am against big government and honestly, I have very little trust in any political figure. But we live in this country and we live in a system that needs to be changed. Reprogrammed is a good way to put it, as you did. Electing another dim witted dem in MA is not change. --- that being said, this "ass-hat" being elected in a dark blue state shows that people are fed up with the way things are being run in Washington. Brown being elected in Mass is a wake up call for Dems around the country, forget about Obama, it is all about this coming Novemeber when a lot more people like Brown will rise up and replace quite a few dems. ---- Halting progress? what progress? you mean the tax increases? the increased spending? This healthcare bill? -- ha, I hope you are right.
2 hours ago

Me           In this context, I'm to understand that "Historical Victory"="Same ol' same ol'"? It shows nothing other than that people are just as confused as ever in what to beleive (and who could blame them after the Obama bait and switch. Unfortunately that's all we'll ever get until people start playing a different game). You want to reprogram? You're going to have to let go of these archaic conventions, such as Buisness as Usual in Washington. "Us vs. Them" how typically American.
about an hour ago ·

Kyle ***** yea, you are right... voting in a non-democrat in the state of Massachusetts for a senate seat, after Obama (who won the state by 26 points) wasted a weekend to help Martha Coakley's campaign, is definitely "Same ol' Same ol'"... --- If you don't think Scott Brown's victory will go down in history as some thing major than you are a fool. I don't care where you stand politically. He shouldn't have won according to the system, that is the beauty of it... the current "system" as we know it, will crumble come November.
16 minutes ago

Me            Wishful thinking on all accounts. Lemme guess, you thought Avatar was a "great historical moment?" And while we're participating in name calling, if you think Brown is gonna make any goddamned significant, positive change, you are an incurable moron.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Shibboleet The Annihilator

[insert picture of your average republican voter]
REPUBLICANISM: Because, as a low-class white person, I am intent on voting against my own interests.

P.S. I have no idea what republicanism is actually supposed to be OR I have no idea who the people I vote for actually are.

Freeky

Suu

Oh fuck Massachusetts politics, Dimo. We have our own shit to worry about. Let's get Carcieri out of office first and then we'll see if we can bring RI back or not.

Oh, and Cicilline, fuck that gay Italian Jew. Bring back Buddy!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

the last yatto

JOE KENNEDY! IS A VOTE FOR TED KENNEDY
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Historic?  You mean, like, a hundred years from now, inbetween working in child slavery plantations to pay off their Duvalier era debt, Haitian schoolchildren will be talking about the glorious Brown victory and writing essays on his electoral strategy?

Triple Zero

and they'll be using facebook discussions as these for reference!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Hey, if Wikipedia is good enough for undergrads...

LMNO

So, Scott Brown has been saying that he's "against business as usual" in Washington.

First off, I understand "conservative" as meaning "usually resistant to change".

Secondly, it would seem that, considering the last 8 years, "against business as usual" would mean he's pro-Universal Healthcare, anti-big business, pro-environment, and pro-soft power diplomacy.

So, yeah.

Dimocritus

This was, technically speaking, my first troll. I figure I'd practice where there were easy targets.

Quote from: Suu on January 21, 2010, 04:17:01 AM
Oh fuck Massachusetts politics, Dimo. We have our own shit to worry about. Let's get Carcieri out of office first and then we'll see if we can bring RI back or not.

Oh, and Cicilline, fuck that gay Italian Jew. Bring back Buddy!

Yes, yes, yes! That would be great! My band may actually have a place to play if that happened. Bring back the Safari Lounge!

Honestly, I'd rather have the mob back in office. They got shit done, kept the artistic aspects of the city in tact and they didn't really hide the fact that they were criminals, unlike todays politicians. Honest crooked politicians are better than regular crooked politicians.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"