PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

The case against Obama

Started by Cain, January 09, 2010, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2010, 06:21:39 PM
Oh.  Well, yes.

But I rather think the quoted poster likes it that way, since then "rule of law extremists" (yes, I have seen this phrase seriously used, though not by the poster in question) cant ruin the bestest Presidency ever.

GAH.

Please to put me in the "rule of law extremist" camp, then.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Also, I must've missed the Peanut Farmer's progressive foreign policy.  Was that before or after he allowed Brezinski to stir up Islamic radicalism in Afghanistan, causing a Soviet invasion where America could then "bleed the Soviets dry"?

Not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing (except I would've invitited them for a "celebratory dinner" once the Soviets withdrew, and sent them on their way to Allah a little sooner than they expected) only to point out that inciting an invasion to drag a foreign power into a very bloody guerrilla war is not generally on the Code Pink approved rules of warfare.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2010, 06:30:51 PM
Also, I must've missed the Peanut Farmer's progressive foreign policy. 

I think he was talking about the SALT treaties.

Because we all know that not having 50 times the firepower required to kill all life on Earth is hippie bullshit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I think he was also guilty of looking around and saying, "wow, things are pretty fucked up, and people are bummed out about it, huh?"

Requia ☣

I'm having a lot of fun with that thread.  It seems to have confused the hell out of the teabaggers there too.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 06:37:38 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2010, 06:30:51 PM
Also, I must've missed the Peanut Farmer's progressive foreign policy. 

I think he was talking about the SALT treaties.

Because we all know that not having 50 times the firepower required to kill all life on Earth is hippie bullshit.

Could be.  The Peanut Farmer served on a nuclear sub, as I recall.  I imagine that would give one plenty of time to think about the follies of having enough nuclear power to set the clock back 4 billion years.

Of course, by that standard, Reagan was a flaming Communist, since he thought nuclear weapons were so irresponsibly dangerous that reducing them was the only viable option (Reagan was smart enough to never voice that opinion publically, but it is a well recorded sentiment among those who knew him personally, and one of the reasons he and Gorbachev felt they could work with each other).