News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I was always happy to listen to my buddy's stories. The shit he had to do haunted him. You just gotta listen and let 'em know they're still people, still human - and they are - by not freaking out when they tell you what it's really like, out there. It's a heavy fucking load for one person to carry sometimes, so shut up, top up the glass, and wait.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Jez

As someone who has been to a different there and has the nightmares and flashbacks to prove it:  good on you.  If more people knew how to shut up and let us talk or not as we can, the whole PTSD thing would be a lot easier to handle.

East Coast Hustle

View from my balcony:

Mt. Pilchuck. Probably won't explode and kill us all with lava.

Mount Baker, looming ominously.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, that's pretty fucking sweet. The pics probably don't do it justice, either.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

No, they're taken with my shitty phone camera and they really don't. They look HUGE AND RIGHT THE FUCK THERE in person.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 01, 2013, 04:39:50 AM

My son's best friend, who also went into the marines.  He's been in Afbagistan for a very, very long time.

He's too fucking young for the 1000 yard stare.

Of course, they all are.

Been sitting on this one for a week.

I have a son. That kid could be my son. I don't ever want my son to have that look. My brother came home with that look.

Fuck. He's just a fucking KID.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They go from 13 and playing video games to 18 and sent to war. And they come back with almost nothing in between those experiences, and they're supposed to just pick up lives and be men.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 06, 2013, 05:26:51 AM

Get 'em YOUNG.  You can't get an adult to do that shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

My son's best friend, who also went into the marines.  He's been in Afbagistan for a very, very long time.

Of course, they all are.

I have a son. That kid could be my son. I don't ever want my son to have that look. My brother came home with that look.

Yeah. All the kids I used to work with when I had that shit job, who signed up because they didn't want to be stuck in the shit job for the rest of their lives, came back looking like that.

Good thing they came back at all, but still.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Of course, they all are.

Talked to him via email.  He thinks he's smiling in that pic.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 07, 2013, 02:52:41 AM

Of course, they all are.

Talked to him via email.  He thinks he's smiling in that pic.
Looks just like a friend of mine in the Marines, and yes that is a smile.

Suu

I know that look.

BF's been in the Navy for 9 years. He's 32...joined up after he realized college wasn't for him. But the kids, no...BABIES I see at his base at A-School. Fuck. You forget how young 18 is until you see it in dress blues.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am getting less cyberpunk as time goes on.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 02, 2013, 04:32:53 AM
Quote from: stelz on May 02, 2013, 04:10:36 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 02, 2013, 02:09:24 AM
Quote from: stelz on May 02, 2013, 12:02:49 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 01, 2013, 10:59:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 01, 2013, 07:27:36 PM
Quote from: stelz on May 01, 2013, 06:34:38 PM
How does that work?

Two old vets get the young guy drunk and then just listen.

Best fix there is, really. Aside from not having to go.

Yeah, it would be.

Anybody else would be too sheltered. It wouldn't work.

Well anyone can listen. But it's hard not to flinch sometimes, unless you've been there.

It's hard to SAY THINGS to people who haven't been there, if "there" is sufficiently horrible.

But you don't say.  The only thing you say is, "So, Snake, where ya been?"

Then you shut up and keep the tumblers full.

"Just get your ass back and we'll figure out the rest."  - To my buddy before he went off.  He did, luckier than a lot, and doing OK since. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Phosphatidylserine on May 08, 2013, 12:17:06 AM
I am getting less cyberpunk as time goes on.

1.  You were never cyberpunk.

2.  THAT'S THE SAME GODDAMN FACIAL EXPRESSION YOU ALWAYS HAVE.  ALWAYS.