News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Did your ghost just have a heart attack?

Suu

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 10, 2014, 04:23:08 AM
Quote from: The Suu on April 28, 2014, 11:17:55 PM
Clear ledge, actually. 

NOPE.

Twid,
Knows one thing he's not doing in Chicago in July.

They're stable as hell. You can jump and down on them with no problem.

I would be lying if I told you it didn't induce a mild panic attack though. I had no issue walking right out there. I even sat down on the floor and got the selfie...then I got the shakes for no apparent reason. They didn't stop until I scrambled off the balcony and sat down against a wall off to the side for a bit.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Today at lunch, I was a wingnut.

I sat there making horridly Blaze and or Addicting Info grade political commentary while watching the NFL draft. I had the server and her trainee in stitches.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 11, 2014, 02:50:59 AM
Did your ghost just have a heart attack?

Tuscon and Texas were fighting for my soul!

Richter

Quote from: All father, Bearman on May 11, 2014, 02:03:34 AM

He will be the Bearmanz - haderach, the one who can be many places at once
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Suu on May 11, 2014, 04:01:30 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 10, 2014, 04:23:08 AM
Quote from: The Suu on April 28, 2014, 11:17:55 PM
Clear ledge, actually. 

NOPE.

Twid,
Knows one thing he's not doing in Chicago in July.

They're stable as hell. You can jump and down on them with no problem.

I would be lying if I told you it didn't induce a mild panic attack though. I had no issue walking right out there. I even sat down on the floor and got the selfie...then I got the shakes for no apparent reason. They didn't stop until I scrambled off the balcony and sat down against a wall off to the side for a bit.

Don't care.

I went to the almost top of the Eiffel Tower (not the tippity top but the windowed off top).

Didn't care for it. Didn't like getting up there, and was happy to get back to the ground without any lethal thuds.

I'd rather dance with a bee.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 12, 2014, 02:07:12 AM

Been doing that all day, too.

-Suu
lives dangerously...and has a stingy thingy infested balcony.

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on May 12, 2014, 02:50:07 AM

-Suu

I love bees, so the exterminator idea kinda rubs me the wrong way.  Given it might still be inevitable, there is perhaps something you could try during the interim, before administering any final solutions.

1). Choose relatively proximate neighbor - within throwing distance, just not directly adjacent  - one that does not always behave
2). Get bottle of wintergreen essential oil from local health food store.
3). Empty bottle on suitably porous yet integral medium (wadded-up PT)
4)  Launch projectile/carrier to target 1) - nighttime is preferable.
5) Cheers, welcome to the Biological Warfare Club

This can accomplish 3 tasks
A) Fuck with misbehaving neighbor
B) Move bees of their own accord.
C) Lots of fun!

Plus the oil has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects if it gets on you (DO NOT CONSUME).  It essentially is topical Aspirin: gets rid of pains.  I guess that's why they like it.  Handling instructions are similar to turpentine.  One fatality registered:  child overused topical application to knee for sport competition :horrormirth:

-

OR, boil the whole hive (with bees) in a pot of water to use for next batch of Mugwort Beer.  Although that might not be vey nice, for the bees. :lulz:
(ask me about other dancing critters, and I really couldn't say)

Suu

Quote from: LuciferX on May 12, 2014, 03:58:44 AM

-Suu

I love bees, so the exterminator idea kinda rubs me the wrong way.  Given it might still be inevitable, there is perhaps something you could try during the interim, before administering any final solutions.

1). Choose relatively proximate neighbor - within throwing distance, just not directly adjacent  - one that does not always behave

C) Lots of fun!

Plus the oil has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects if it gets on you (DO NOT CONSUME).  It essentially is topical Aspirin: gets rid of pains.  I guess that's why they like it.  Handling instructions are similar to turpentine.  One fatality registered:  child overused topical application to knee for sport competition :horrormirth:

-

OR, boil the whole hive (with bees) in a pot of water to use for next batch of Mugwort Beer.  Although that might not be vey nice, for the bees. :lulz:

The wood bees aren't really the problem anymore. They buzz around you and try to front, but they're usually just curious and bolt.

...It was the fucking yellow jackets that came out of nowhere and chased off the wood bees.

I put peppermint oil on my screen door, and that seemed to have gotten rid of the wasps. The bees are still hanging around, but I already called maintenance about them. It's not that they will sting, it's that they're like termites, in bee form.

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on May 12, 2014, 04:33:14 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on May 12, 2014, 03:58:44 AM

-Suu

C) Lots of fun!

-

The wood bees aren't really the problem anymore. They buzz around you and try to front, but they're usually just curious and bolt.

...It was the fucking yellow jackets that came out of nowhere and chased off the wood bees.

I put peppermint oil on my screen door, and that seemed to have gotten rid of the wasps. The bees are still hanging around, but I already called maintenance about them. It's not that they will sting, it's that they're like termites, in bee form.

That reminds me I need to get a new coat of sealant for the balcony, thank you...  I don't know much about peppermint but perhaps the bees are attracted to it like wintergreen - unless it's just a selective wasp antagonist thingie (I can sometimes hardly tell the difference).

Suu

Bees at least have a purpose. Even wood bees pollinate.

minuspace

Wasps are scavengers of the worst kind.  They value what they steal more than anything else.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My housemate and my son built a deck today.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Awesome present!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 06:02:27 AM
My housemate and my son built a deck today.

Um, I am a professional worrier, so I'm gonna say your might consider putting some rebar caps on those HORRIBLE IRON SPIKES.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.