okay?  :?

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on July 13, 2010, 02:18:38 PM
Quote from: Suu on July 13, 2010, 04:59:02 AM
You went to CuntCon? I'm sorry.

-Suu
Speaking of copyright violations...

okay?  :?

That was the convention that did NOTHING when my artwork was stolen from the internet and exhibited there when I wasn't even in attendance. They told me it wasn't their "problem" and that they had more important things to worry about.

Not your "problem" that a person who paid for your overpriced fucking artist alley table was selling lo-res printed artwork from the internet that didn't belong to her? (Not just my stuff, like 4 or 5 other artists too.) I got a phone call from a friend asking if I had an agent present. That's how I knew.

I got the girl in jail and banned from 90% of the nation's conventions, and CuntCon will never get a dime from me, ever again.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

I'm not really sure that the convention staff itself are responsible for policing plagiarism and the like, and I can see how they might not have time to address something like this once the con is already running... but yeah that is totally bogus and I'm glad justice was served.

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on July 13, 2010, 04:33:50 PM
I'm not really sure that the convention staff itself are responsible for policing plagiarism and the like, and I can see how they might not have time to address something like this once the con is already running... but yeah that is totally bogus and I'm glad justice was served.

Bullshit, we've thrown people out of Anime Boston on the spot, and at the time, CTCon was a lot smaller and on the verge of bankruptcy so they had no excuses as far as I'm concerned. It's part of what gives them a bad reputation with artists still 6 years later.

I had to get a ride 2 hours into Hartford to march in there to speak with a convention official to bitch about this girl selling unauthorized copies of my work. I saw my prints on her table, made her give them all to me as I reduced her to tears publicly, and they STILL didn't throw her out. FUCK. THEM.

I won't pay what they ask for a table anyway, and now they enforce Connecticut tax laws, which considering no one makes the amount needed to declare at conventions (at least I never have) is totally bogus, I'm not going to pay for a tax ID in the state of CT for one damn convention in which I make a few hundred bucks.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Why didn't you sue her?
I'm sure there's a lawyer that would've worked pro boner considering it's an open and shut case of theft. (essentially)

Suu

We couldn't get any money since she had no assets, so we threw her in jail, and from what I understand she lost her entire financial aid package for school forever. That gave me enough satisfaction.

"What are you in for?"

"...Stealing people's art and selling it for my own."

Yep. The beatdown she received was probably enough punishment. Which is probably why her sentence was shortened from 9 months to weeks.

Cramulus

That's good. Fuck that thieving noise.

You don't want to know what happens to plagiarists in here.
                                            /

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You guys are all so adorable! I want to squeeze each and every one of you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

You don't want to know what happens to squeezers around here.
                                            /

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on July 13, 2010, 08:32:48 PM
      You don't want to know what happens to squeezers around here.
                                            /

:lmnuendo:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 13, 2010, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 13, 2010, 04:43:50 AM
I am so glad I sent Cram that helmet.  He's getting WAY more mileage out of it than I did.

CRAM:  I FOUND SOMETHING ELSE COOL.  YOU JUST WAIT.

Is it RWHN's beard??

You know that Cram can't make his own facial hairs, he has to feed on that of others, like a vampire.

Imma gonna need that back come October.  Mah face will get cold. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: RWHN on July 14, 2010, 03:31:56 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 13, 2010, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 13, 2010, 04:43:50 AM
I am so glad I sent Cram that helmet.  He's getting WAY more mileage out of it than I did.

CRAM:  I FOUND SOMETHING ELSE COOL.  YOU JUST WAIT.

Is it RWHN's beard??

You know that Cram can't make his own facial hairs, he has to feed on that of others, like a vampire.

Imma gonna need that back come October.  Mah face will get cold. 

Then you'd better agree to our demands.

We'll make a merkin for Roseanne Barr, see if we don't.
Molon Lube

Richter

She already has one.  A "Surprise" donation from the "Estate" of Oral Roberts.

Rosie O'Donnell still needs one though...
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Adios