News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

You know how santa claus impersonators wear false beards?

It's like that, but for a vagina.

Freeky

Judging by what forum this is, who posted it, and the overall cringe factor, I'd say it's something to do with vaginas.

ETA: I was right! Thanks Sig

Jasper

:themoreyouknow:

President Television

Simply put, a merkin is a pubic wig.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

AFK

Wait, what is it? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

I don't know how I can be clearer.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 15, 2010, 05:32:43 AM
I don't know how I can be clearer.

Further info-
Back in the day prostitutes used merkins, which as previously noted, are vulva wigs/santa beards for the crotch/the shaven haven's answer to Cram's false 'stache. Used so that said women of the ill-repute could shave the pubic area to get rid of crabs, and also partially to hide evidence of syphilis and other delightful gratuities donated to them by their patrons. Now generally worn for fun and novelty. The similarity of the pronunciation of the word to how a stereotypically "ugly American douche" would refer to himself ('Mur'can!), gives people the world over delight in essentially calling us faux girly-part tribbles.

Info taken from wikipedia.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 15, 2010, 06:19:44 AM
The similarity of the pronunciation of the word to how a stereotypically "ugly American douche" would refer to himself ('Mur'can!), gives people the world over delight in essentially calling us faux girly-part tribbles.

for reals?

I always associated merkins with europeans with their nude beaches and whatnot

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cramulus on July 15, 2010, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 15, 2010, 06:19:44 AM
The similarity of the pronunciation of the word to how a stereotypically "ugly American douche" would refer to himself ('Mur'can!), gives people the world over delight in essentially calling us faux girly-part tribbles.

for reals?

I always associated merkins with europeans with their nude beaches and whatnot

Naturally. I think a European is more likely to have one. Europeans see us as more likely of being one.

LMNO

It is interesting to note that while today's sex workers (in the media and such) mostly pride themselves in having as little pubic hair as possible (barring "flossing" fetish videos), the prostitutes of yore wanted more hair "down there".

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2010, 03:00:17 PM
It is interesting to note that while today's sex workers (in the media and such) mostly pride themselves in having as little pubic hair as possible (barring "flossing" fetish videos), the prostitutes of yore wanted more hair "down there".

I never thought of it that way...

LMNO

You tend to think about things like that, when you're me.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2010, 03:56:36 PM
You tend to think about things like that, when you're me.

Hence  :lmnuendo: ?

Pope Pixie Pickle

BadBeast

Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2010, 03:00:17 PM
It wasn't so much for "more down there", more that they were so riddled with clap, and the treatments in those days included mercury, or cadmium, or singeing of the ladyparts, so that the remedies, plus the mileage would often leave the pudendum unfortunately bare. So a shaven haven indicated that the poor Dolly Mop in question was in fact, a Flossie Burner. Or riddled with syphilus. So the Barbershops used to do a roaring trade in Merkins, made from the beards of their customers, to disguise the disease ridden state of the Ladies Fangitas.

The fact that the Barber/Surgeons were also where the Bang Tails went for their Toxic slopouts, and fanny singeings suggests they knew a good thing when they were on to it.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4