News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Aw, Nast is saying you're cute.  And he's right.

Jenne

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 30, 2010, 01:59:53 AM

the valid reason why it is unacceptable is that we like to know who is saying what here. It's fine to post something like "FireWillow and I think that blah blah blah..." but currently you've given the impression that either of you could be posting from either account, and while it's not against "the rules", it certainly violates the social protocol here. Not caring if you violate the social protocol is also not against "the rules" (few things are) but it also lets us know that you don't give a ratshit what anyone here thinks. When you're the new member in a long-established social order, it's generally considered smart to observe the social dynamics in play until such time as you have established strong enough "cred" to know when and why to step outside of those boundaries. This is a tribe, and like any other tribe it has customs that it values and like any other tribe it will tend to socially ostracize those who announce right off the bat that they don't care about the tribe's values. I'm not trying to be a dick to you two, but we have had problems with this in the past and even long-time and well-established users have caught massive amounts of shit for it so to not say something to both of you would be hypocritical of me. I hope you understand.

FW/Cheese:  FWIW, since I started this, the above is a very reasonable argument, and put together with Cain's, are great reasons to do your best to not post as a collective.  I know you think it's all great and cool you're together--we do too.  But this forum's just not really a place to push that in the face of the posters all the time.  If you spread out your posts some, perhaps, it would make sense.  Maybe it's because they're all squished up here, I dunno.  Anyway, maybe if you confined it to a thread in a particular place, it'd be better. ETA: and not the spagbook, but your own cookies-n-pie thread.

Also:  I think you owe Nigel an apology.  She's rad in that she was targeted for starting a "cone collective" once, and she was DEFENDING your now-should-be-sorry asses!  She didn't deserve the name calling (and yeah, being called a TCC-admin is a dirty word, to me).

Stelpa

Quote from: Jenne on August 31, 2010, 01:23:43 AM
Is he aware that I am currently male?  :?

Don Coyote

And still at an age where gender may be indeterminate. Also, you have a girlish haircut.

Jenne

Quote from: nekk on August 31, 2010, 02:03:01 AM

:lol:  Probably.  But Cudgel's point is valid--you got a cutesy 'do.

Nast

I am now!

My comment is still valid, though, whatever gender you currently may be.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Stelpa

Quote from: Nast on August 31, 2010, 02:14:08 AM

I am now!

My comment is still valid, though, whatever gender you currently may be.

I will take it as a compliment ^_^

No u

Quote from: FireWillow on August 28, 2010, 11:55:51 AM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 28, 2010, 04:40:21 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on August 26, 2010, 10:55:56 PM
Quote from: Jenne on August 26, 2010, 08:56:54 PM
Ah...it'd be nice if you guys didn't post as a collective.  Just saying.

I think it's kind of charming...

I think that posting as a couple is pretty lame. And hasn't the entire board jumped down other peoples' throats for posting as a collective? I smell a double standard.

That's my personal opinion. My opinion as an admin is that I vastly prefer one poster per account. That's not a rule, just a strong preference.
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 28, 2010, 04:46:03 AM
perhaps I should clarify, it's a strong enough preference that I will happily waste my time shitting all over anyone who insists on doing it. Please stop.

No one is posting under a single account.  When Cheese posts, she does so under her account; and I post under mine.  So in that case your very strong preference has been met.

HOWEVER, as we live under the same roof and occasionally read the fora together, we post our thoughts as a collective under whatever account we happen to be logged into at the time (which is usually whoever was on the computer at that given time).  Until someone offers a valid reason why this is unacceptable, we will continue to post in such a fashion.  For those of you that it may displease, let the shitfest begin, as I rather enjoy participating in the occasional shitstorm, and will shit in the general direction of ANYONE, admin or otherwise, that would assume to shit all over Cheese or myself.

the valid reason why it is unacceptable is that we like to know who is saying what here. It's fine to post something like "FireWillow and I think that blah blah blah..." but currently you've given the impression that either of you could be posting from either account, and while it's not against "the rules", it certainly violates the social protocol here. Not caring if you violate the social protocol is also not against "the rules" (few things are) but it also lets us know that you don't give a ratshit what anyone here thinks. When you're the new member in a long-established social order, it's generally considered smart to observe the social dynamics in play until such time as you have established strong enough "cred" to know when and why to step outside of those boundaries. This is a tribe, and like any other tribe it has customs that it values and like any other tribe it will tend to socially ostracize those who announce right off the bat that they don't care about the tribe's values. I'm not trying to be a dick to you two, but we have had problems with this in the past and even long-time and well-established users have caught massive amounts of shit for it so to not say something to both of you would be hypocritical of me. I hope you understand.

Duly noted.

I appreciate your taking time to explain.  As I said, we will be posting under our respective accounts and if we do post a collective idea, we will be sure to make it clear that it is a shared thought by using pronouns such as "us," "we," and "our."
WARNING!!
The preceding post may appear to make no sense.  Trying to make sense of this post may cause injury or even death.  Consult a physician before reading. 
Use with a good diet or exercise plan.  Do not read if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. 
Do not read if taking SSRI or tricyclic antidepressants, or if pregnant or lactating. 
After reading, if you have an erection for more than 4 hours, seek medical attention immediately. 

Cramulus

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: nekk on August 31, 2010, 12:40:19 AM
Quote from: Nast on August 30, 2010, 11:57:14 PM
No you're not.  :argh!:

I think you look like Betty Boop.

Is... That... Good? 0_o

Yes, Betty Boop was a sex icon.

I do have to ask though, are you male or female?

(not a slam, you're pretty cute for either, I just honestly can't tell)
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Rumckle

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 31, 2010, 10:39:19 AM

Yes, Betty Boop was a sex icon.

I do have to ask though, are you male or female?

(not a slam, you're pretty cute for either, I just honestly can't tell)

Anyway, you need to smile, nekk.

Why do we keep having to tell noobs this?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: FireWillow on August 31, 2010, 03:28:38 AM
Quote from: FireWillow on August 28, 2010, 11:55:51 AM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 28, 2010, 04:40:21 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on August 26, 2010, 10:55:56 PM
Quote from: Jenne on August 26, 2010, 08:56:54 PM
Ah...it'd be nice if you guys didn't post as a collective.  Just saying.

I think it's kind of charming...

I think that posting as a couple is pretty lame. And hasn't the entire board jumped down other peoples' throats for posting as a collective? I smell a double standard.

That's my personal opinion. My opinion as an admin is that I vastly prefer one poster per account. That's not a rule, just a strong preference.
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 28, 2010, 04:46:03 AM
perhaps I should clarify, it's a strong enough preference that I will happily waste my time shitting all over anyone who insists on doing it. Please stop.

No one is posting under a single account.  When Cheese posts, she does so under her account; and I post under mine.  So in that case your very strong preference has been met.

HOWEVER, as we live under the same roof and occasionally read the fora together, we post our thoughts as a collective under whatever account we happen to be logged into at the time (which is usually whoever was on the computer at that given time).  Until someone offers a valid reason why this is unacceptable, we will continue to post in such a fashion.  For those of you that it may displease, let the shitfest begin, as I rather enjoy participating in the occasional shitstorm, and will shit in the general direction of ANYONE, admin or otherwise, that would assume to shit all over Cheese or myself.

Duly noted.

I appreciate your taking time to explain.  As I said, we will be posting under our respective accounts and if we do post a collective idea, we will be sure to make it clear that it is a shared thought by using pronouns such as "us," "we," and "our."

just to clarify, and I know this will sound like nitpicking, but it would be better if rather than "we" you used "(poster whos account this isn't) and I". "We" gives the impression of collective posting on one account. Just trying to avoid more unnecessary drama than this place already has.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Stelpa

Quote from: Rumckle on August 31, 2010, 10:50:13 AM

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   :argh!:

... I have dimples  :oops:

Freeky

Quote from: nekk on August 31, 2010, 01:42:04 PM

DIMPLES!!!

Stelpa

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on August 31, 2010, 02:21:46 PM
Quote from: nekk on August 31, 2010, 01:42:04 PM

DIMPLES!!!

AUNT GERTRUDE? IS THAT YOU?
THE PREDATOR HAS SPOTTED ITS PREY  :eek: