News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

We're gonna be bottling our imperial stout this week.
I'm excited about it.

Belgian golden strong ale with fresh local strawberries <-- sounds friggin heavenly!

Richter

Quote from: Suu Cool for School. on November 03, 2010, 04:38:33 PM
Quote from: Richter on November 03, 2010, 04:22:04 PM
Quote from: Suu Cool for School. on November 03, 2010, 04:04:01 PM

The 2 3 gallon carboys are Killer Bee honey mead with vanilla and a cyser. The starting gravity on the cyser was OFF THE CHART.

LITERALLY.  When we dropped the dohickey into the brew to measure it, it only sank in 5 cm, well bellow the area tat had any readable scale on it.  It's going to brew into some sort of alcoholic superfluid.  Want to show up Jesus?  Walk on this stuff.

Enzo loves company when he's brewing to help out and play mad science moral support.  I stopped by last night to lend him a carboi and get my own cider, and was immediately given food, a beer, and roped in to help prep the next batch and bottle the mead.  There's a cyser in the works now with super yeast which yields 15-20% ABV. (the package gives a recipe for making horrible moneky rum, and recomends cehcking local laws to ensure it's legal for you to brew it in your area )

YOU PITCHED THE SUPER YEAST AND I MISSED IT?!?!?!

Yeast was pitched at room temp, and was active within 5 minutes.  After 30 minutes, you could already smell the alcohol. 

That stuff is INSANE.  You can't put a brewing lock on anything using it; it produces so much CO2 so fast it will blow it out.  You jsut covr your brewing vessel with cheesecloth.  The yeast is so active it makes a lot of heat it's almost painful to touch.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Richter on November 03, 2010, 04:46:53 PM

Yeast was pitched at room temp, and was active within 5 minutes.  After 30 minutes, you could already smell the alcohol. 

That stuff is INSANE.  You can't put a brewing lock on anything using it; it produces so much CO2 so fast it will blow it out.  You jsut covr your brewing vessel with cheesecloth.  The yeast is so active it makes a lot of heat it's almost painful to touch.

What is this sorcery?!

Richter

AFAIK it's a yeast made with the express purpose of preparing meal for moonshining distilling as quick and efficient as possible.  Things like "taste" are a secondary concern. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Should be classified as military ordnance. 

Hey, if crypto can be...

Suu

It's like brewing a 6 month mead in 3 days...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Cainad on November 03, 2010, 04:51:08 PM
Quote from: Richter on November 03, 2010, 04:46:53 PM

What is this sorcery?!

MADGIUQUE!

You don't use a blow off tube?

Suu

I am thinking of evil evil things I can do with this stuff...

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Suu

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

LMNO

Pleeze noate: When th' lass ov da wax iz guun, dah ztash iz cumin' off.

For those of you on the faceplace, I have set up a fanpage for the moustache.

Freeky

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 04, 2010, 01:50:55 AM
Pleeze noate: When th' lass ov da wax iz guun, dah ztash iz cumin' off.

For those of you on the faceplace, I have set up a fanpage for the moustache.

If you murder yours, I'm killing mine.

NOT BLUFFING HERE, COPPER!
Molon Lube