News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cramulus on November 22, 2010, 04:44:14 PM
no, it's too late in the experiment for it to make a difference

Wut? :?
A quick comb and trim and BAM.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

DELETE THAT WHOLE THING FROM YOUR FACE CRAM!!!

Jasper

These people don't know what they're saying.  Wild facial hair is the calling card of a Holy Man.

Rumckle

I bet Cram wasn't even serious about his facial hair at all, I think he was just LARPing as someone with a beard.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Rumckle on November 22, 2010, 10:21:11 PM
I bet Cram wasn't even serious about his facial hair at all, I think he was just LARPing as someone with a beard.

FUCKING LARPERS!!!!! :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

Triple Zero

I don't see how it can be too late to apply a trimmer?

Except if you got tired with it, of course.

I still need to post a pic of my beard, btw. I'm trimming it to 9mm now, which is kinda short, but 12 was too long, didn't look good. And I dunno about even longer. Maybe just the moustache part.

When I post the pic I also request the Beardological Society's advice on shape and pattern and such.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 22, 2010, 11:05:35 PM

I'm already about 80% certain that I'm going to be rid of it soon. It's okay, but it doesn't feel right. And the reactions I've been getting have been kind of ambivalent. I mean maybe I'll trim it down and people will say HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS GREAT ALL OF THE SUDDEN but I doubt it'll improve it that much.

Let's see your face, mr. scruff!

Richter

Quote from: Cramulus on November 22, 2010, 04:41:19 PM

While I am glad to discover that I can actually grow one of these things, I think the facial hair's gotta go on December 1st.

A lot of the comments I've been getting have been along the lines of "It doesn't look... so terrible."

I think a proper trimmer would probably help it out, but it's a bit late in the experiment to go buy one.

When you shave it, go for the chin first, and check it with the "Horseshoe" / "Gunfighter" look.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on November 22, 2010, 11:17:49 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 22, 2010, 11:05:35 PM

I'm already about 80% certain that I'm going to be rid of it soon. It's okay, but it doesn't feel right. And the reactions I've been getting have been kind of ambivalent. I mean maybe I'll trim it down and people will say HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS GREAT ALL OF THE SUDDEN but I doubt it'll improve it that much.

Let's see your face, mr. scruff!

Yeah as soon as I get a good picture, maybe tomorrow.

Don't underestimate the effect of a proper trim, though. Having all the hairs at the same length makes it look a LOT neater. The unevenness is probably what makes most people go "meh".

Plus, if you get a trimmer, even when you get rid of the beard, you can use my technique of never using a razor, always having a neatly trimmed 1mm 5 o'clock shadow. It saves time! ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Even the Pagans are all over my ass!

(Check out the fucking headlights on me, though!  Jesus Christ!)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Richter on November 22, 2010, 11:27:11 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 22, 2010, 04:41:19 PM

While I am glad to discover that I can actually grow one of these things, I think the facial hair's gotta go on December 1st.

A lot of the comments I've been getting have been along the lines of "It doesn't look... so terrible."

I think a proper trimmer would probably help it out, but it's a bit late in the experiment to go buy one.

When you shave it, go for the chin first, and check it with the "Horseshoe" / "Gunfighter" look.

Yes. This. Please.

You are a fine-looking male specimen, but that bit of lichen on your chin must be eliminated. Then maybe give the upper lip a day or two before making a final decision on giving it the axe.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2010, 01:29:09 AM

Even the Pagans are all over my ass!

(Check out the fucking headlights on me, though!  Jesus Christ!)

Xannot see pic. :(
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Precious Moments Zalgo

It looks like you have to be a logged in and registered member of universalsacredspace.com to see Roger's pic.

Cram, I agree with what others have said.  Trimming it to make it even will do wonders.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.