News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

From back when I was young and pretty.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Suu

I washed my hair again...At this rate my sister may just have to dye it back next week, but I have to admit I AM diggin' the current color. Everyone in the office LOVES it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

You should smile when your hair color is that luscious, silly woman!  LOVE that brighter blue!  :D

Jasper

What she said.  No need to match mood and hair color.

Nast

I'm happy because I bought a new raspberry sweater for $7.50. What a steal!

I've been wondering about what to do about my hair lately. Since you're all beautiful people with beautiful hair, please to suggest? Right now it's sort of wavy and meh but I've been thinking of going short and straight with some styling.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You totally have my son's hair, so I will suggest to you what works for him; surfer/stoner hair. Kinda shaggy, thick, wavy, and totally devil-may-care. Lemme find a pic....

OK crap, I don't seem to have any uploaded of the fabulous stage. The best pics I have of him he's either wearing a hoodie or a hat. Dammit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

I like it as it is, but Nigel's right--longish and a bit overgrown-looking would work too.  Just be sure it doesn't bush out (product and thinning shears strategically used by your stylist should help alleviate that problem) when it gets longer.

Kai

Yes, that's me. Yes, I did look like that about 10 years ago. Yes YES that's me, seriously. The insect collection I'm holding is mine from high school. One in the background is one of my parents'. It's been in my room at home for at least that long.

My entire self image has changed since then, both outward and inward, except for one thing. My HANDS look exactly the same. I've lost 15+ lbs since then, had innumerable scars added to my face, changed my clothing style, grown my hair out very long, gotten different glasses, and generally changed my mind about everything. I didn't meet you freaks till 3-4 years later. I didn't know I was queer then, haddn't even been on a date in my life. I certainly didn't think I was going into entomology, thus making this photo perfect foreshadowing.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Nast: I got very excellent results by going to a bit more expensive hairdresser. (A bit more expensive being €55 at Toni&Guy :oops: but it's the first hairdresser where I leave with 100% satisfaction)

Quote from: ϗ on December 23, 2010, 02:56:44 PMYes, that's me. Yes, I did look like that about 10 years ago.

OH THANK GOD!!!! Damnit Kai, you don't look a day older in your recent pics and I was mortified that you'd have cut off your hair! ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2010, 05:53:08 PM

Quote from: ϗ on December 23, 2010, 02:56:44 PMYes, that's me. Yes, I did look like that about 10 years ago.

OH THANK GOD!!!! Damnit Kai, you don't look a day older in your recent pics and I was mortified that you'd have cut off your hair! ;-)

THIS.  Having seen those gorgeous locks in person, I was also somewhat chagrined till I read this was "historical Kai" and not "actual real-time Kai"... :D

Kai

Quote from: Jenne on December 23, 2010, 07:28:29 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2010, 05:53:08 PM

THIS.  Having seen those gorgeous locks in person, I was also somewhat chagrined till I read this was "historical Kai" and not "actual real-time Kai"... :D

I don't know how you confused the two. That photo looks nothing like me, the face is all different, even if I HAD cut my hair.  :?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jenne

It was my bleary-eyed impression at o'dark-thirty this morning.  Upon reading your caption, though, I realized my mistake right away, and then started comparing.  I was delighted to find your lovely hair's still in place, meanwhile enjoying a historical view of a younger, more impressionable Kai!

Cramulus

Eater of Clowns

THAT'S SOME SWEET PUSSY YOU GOT THERE CRAM.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

BabylonHoruv

your bearded friend looks quite drunk.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl