News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Sick day food craving NO NO'S

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, January 25, 2010, 10:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Whenever I get sick and have to stay home from work it reminds me of when I was a kid and would just play hookey to watch cooking shows and experiment with food.
Often I actually made myself sick with what I made, but every once in a while I'd surprise myself.

Today was not one of those days.
I was craving eggs, and I generally make some good deviled eggs when I'm not mistaking cayenne for paprika.

Some sick twisted part of mt brain thought it would be ok to mix sriracha, salt and pepper, chili powder, a touch of brown mustard, a half a green olive (garnish) and ...

miracle whip.

Now I like MW on sandwiches. Especially bologna and plain potato chip sandwiches.

Deviled eggs? Good god NO.
It tasted like something out of a horror movie. The strong farty egg taste mixed horribly with the sickly sweet mayo wanna be followed by a slight burning from the sriracha and then the salty brine flavor from the olive was just what I needed to trigger my gag reflex.
What's worse is I managed to choke down 6 halves/3 whole eggs worth of these fuckers and NOT DIE.
Now my mouth is burning but there's an overpowering sweet residue on my tongue and I can't wash this taste out.

Blirgh bleich bloooooooooorf!!

Triple Zero

This miracle whip is an obvious abomination that must be eradicated like the cum-stains it causes.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Squid:  OFUCk.  :vom:

000 : Thank you.  You have given me a remarkable way to descrate anythign white and cloth I now find with a simple condiment.  I think the next PETA bacon slinger I meet needs some fake pecker tracks.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 25, 2010, 10:48:39 PM
This miracle whip is an obvious abomination that must be eradicated like the cum-stains it causes.

This made me laugh and laugh, and my son was like "what's so funny" and I got all stern and barked "NOTHING" then just glared at him till he walked away, then I laughed at him and he shook his head.
He's gonna put me in the worst old folks home ever.
And I'll die alone.  :lulz:

Payne

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 26, 2010, 12:50:03 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on January 25, 2010, 10:48:39 PM

This made me laugh and laugh, and my son was like "what's so funny" and I got all stern and barked "NOTHING" then just glared at him till he walked away, then I laughed at him and he shook his head.
He's gonna put me in the worst old folks home ever.
And I'll die alone.  :lulz:

And 2/3rds of you will deserve it.

Freeky

Jenne

:lulz:  And ewww...Squiddy! 

Tell us more of the fucked up shit you do with food.  So we don't uh make the same mistake.

Sir Squid Diddimus

you should see what i eat when i'm drunk and/or lazy

:vom:

Suu

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 25, 2010, 10:10:09 PM

I was craving eggs, and I generally make some good deviled eggs when I'm not mistaking cayenne for paprika.

This is Squid House Legend, evidently, that I witnessed back in April.

Also: :vom: for use of Miracle Whip ALONE. Then :vom: :vom: for the concoction.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bruno

I wanted to make some gravy once, but didn't have any milk, but I did have cottage cheese. So, I mixed it with water as a substitute.

It worked really well. I was amaze.
Formerly something else...

Jenne

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 26, 2010, 04:55:45 AM
you should see what i eat when i'm drunk and/or lazy

:vom:

Ha, see, and I shared this in Apple Talk, last time I was drunk/weird I cracked a raw egg in a juice glass full of carrot juice and drank it like a shot.

It stayed down, but GAH.

You know, come to think of it, I wasn't hungover AT ALL that morning, and I should've been.  Hm.  Wonder if the egg had anything to do with that?

Triple Zero

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on February 07, 2010, 06:30:04 AM
I wanted to make some gravy once, but didn't have any milk, but I did have cottage cheese. So, I mixed it with water as a substitute.

but, you don't need milk for gravy :?

maybe a bit of cornstarch, maybe a bit of stock, wine, beer or a squirt of ketchup always does wonders for me too.

but basically all you need is a pan in which you just made meat, water and salt and pepper.

still, cottage cheese might not be too bad in it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on February 07, 2010, 06:30:04 AM

yeah, uhh, there's no reason to ever put milk in gravy. There are many reasons to NOT ever put milk in gravy, not least of which is that it's a disgusting practice.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What the hell? How do you make white gravy or country gravy without milk? What about pork chops and potatoes with buttermilk gravy?

I don't think us Westerners understand your East Coast ways.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

I have to have milk to make sausage gravy.
That's the only way to make it.
Add butter and flour to the cooked sausage, then add milk till it's, you know, gravy.

What the hell else would you use to make it??