News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 05, 2010, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Vaudeville Vigilante

I'll have mine worked out over the weekend, but prob going with something along the lines of wiz or sorc and human or elf.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 05, 2010, 08:39:25 PM
Ok, cool. Keep in mind that I won't make you have a god if you can make up a good story for just taking two domains. As long as they aren't evil of course.

I already picked a god, digging through stuff to try and remember its name.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Cayden_Cailean

Featured article on the wiki, shows me for trying to find him in the books.   :roll:

Cramulus

Lord Quantum

Pathfinder is just D&D 3.5 in a different campaign setting right?
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 05, 2010, 06:43:22 PM
Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 05, 2010, 03:42:03 PM
Quoteokay you arrive at a dungeon.

there is a door.

it is closed but not locked.

WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!?!!!

>>> _

I knock on the door.

~Knock Knock.~

A VERY DRAGONNY SOUNDING VOICE SAYS

HELLOOOOOOOOO? IT IS OPEN, COME RIGHT IN!

WHAT OH WHAT DO YOU DO?

>>>_

FWIW I like D&D roleplaying a lot but wouldn't it get real tedious to play over a forum? I personally also really enjoy the face to face interactions in it.

IRC sounds like a good solution to this problem.

Freeky

Quote from: Lord Quantum on February 05, 2010, 08:53:26 PM
Pathfinder is just D&D 3.5 in a different campaign setting right?

It's what D&D 4th ed should have been; 3.5 with everything tightened up. Also, it has a few new rules, like CMB and CMD instead of grapple, and the made the suck classes NOT suck.

Quote from: Vaudeville Vigilante on February 05, 2010, 08:42:49 PM
I'll have mine worked out over the weekend, but prob going with something along the lines of wiz or sorc and human or elf.

If you're going with arcane spellcasting, go elf. They're tailored for it, with racial bonuses that are sweet.

/.02

Freeky

You guys need one, at least. Even if it's a multiclass rogue. They are super handy.

Requia ☣

Freeky

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 05, 2010, 03:42:03 PM
Quoteokay you arrive at a dungeon.

there is a door.

it is closed but not locked.

WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!?!!!

>>> _

I knock on the door.

~Knock Knock.~

A VERY DRAGONNY SOUNDING VOICE SAYS

HELLOOOOOOOOO? IT IS OPEN, COME RIGHT IN!

WHAT OH WHAT DO YOU DO?

>>>_

Open the door, then close it again. Repeat several times. Take a shit on the dragon's welcome mat. Step in the shit and then proceed to walk into the dragon's home. Ask the dragon if it would like me to take my shoes off.

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 05, 2010, 07:27:32 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on February 05, 2010, 06:54:21 PM
FWIW I like D&D roleplaying a lot but wouldn't it get real tedious to play over a forum? I personally also really enjoy the face to face interactions in it.

I agree, I'm skeptical. But there must be a format of game which is perfect for forums.

People were talking about the difference between Forum and IRC. Wouldn't .. *cough* *hack* Google Wave be a perfect intermediary for this? Maybe? Not that I ever used it, so maybe some of the people here that have tried it out could shed light upon that?

Quoteone day it might be fun to play KOBOLDS ATE MY BABIES.. that's a very silly game, and we'd all get to die in numerous horrible ways.

Yeah I love that game. You would probably have most luck with something similarly silly and short duration.

I loathe the rulebook for that one though, it's short, but soo obtuse and written in all caps and the actual rulings are hidden in paragraphs of jokes that are really only funny the first three times you try to find a rule. Not that the rules matter a lot in this game, but just a little quick reference now and then would be nice.

Quoteif we don't like how the game's going, we can vote out the current mayor (GM). But here's the thing - nobody "runs" for mayor, the next mayor is chosen BY DIE ROLL.

this is also a good rule. the game dying because the GM not doing their thing or nobody being up for doing the job is something I'd expect to happen in an online forum game as well.

1: Google Wave would be awesome for this.
2: I'd be game for this.
3: I don't know anything about D&D

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 05, 2010, 09:07:27 PM
You guys need one, at least. Even if it's a multiclass rogue. They are super handy.

What races are good for rogue? I was thinking human or half elf.