News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

When you see it...

Started by Suu, February 06, 2010, 05:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

So yesterday at work it was really dead, so I took some cell phone pictures in hopes of catching some of our resident g-g-g-g-g-ghosts! Shit has been acting up again. TAPS has already been in once and they really want to come back and do an overnight show, but the owners won't let them. :(

WTF? I don't even remember taking this one.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

:?  i missed it

circle it?

Squid= kinda dumb

Neat building though!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't see it, but the place looks beautiful!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I used to watch ghost hunters a lot. That's pretty cool.

The Wizard

Well, shit. So what do you plan on doing about it?
Insanity we trust.

Zenpeanut

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Oh I get it now. I can see how the way the light coming through the window bouncing off the bricks like that would look like a person.
That's a neat shot.

I love those old brick buildings though. We only have a couple left in my city and they keep knocking em all down.

Suu

Those are actually chunks of slate and granite used as ballast when the ships were coming over from England. The harbor was full of them so a shit ton of houses along the river were built with them and the wood from boats. (The red brick was added in the mid 1800s) Our building is held up by 250 year old ship masts. It's the 2nd oldest industrial building in the nation after Slater Mill in Pawtucket, RI. It has survived the War of 1812, The Civil War, at least 2 severe hurricanes that flooded the basin and a fire that we know of. Meanwhile the brand new condos down the street are already rotting because of bad drywall. They just don't make them like they used to.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Zenpeanut on February 08, 2010, 06:31:36 AM
Creepy ring girl circled

That's actually one of our more haunted spots in the restaurant. We have issues where one of the tables over there likes to become undressed...That is, the tablecloth will slide out from under the paper, the settings, and the candle. This has happened on Waterfire nights in a full dining room. People fucking freak out.

Nast

Said table is clearly an exhibitionist, due to the feelings of inadequacy and sexual frustration it possesses. Ignore it, it just wants attention from its victims.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a voyeur. Have you caught it peeping at other table legs?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Suu

Quote from: Nast on February 09, 2010, 04:04:27 AM
Said table is clearly an exhibitionist, due to the feelings of inadequacy and sexual frustration it possesses. Ignore it, it just wants attention from its victims.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a voyeur. Have you caught it peeping at other table legs?

Well, the restaurant DOES have a history of being a speakeasy and burlesque...

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu on February 09, 2010, 03:45:54 AM
Those are actually chunks of slate and granite used as ballast when the ships were coming over from England. The harbor was full of them so a shit ton of houses along the river were built with them and the wood from boats. (The red brick was added in the mid 1800s) Our building is held up by 250 year old ship masts. It's the 2nd oldest industrial building in the nation after Slater Mill in Pawtucket, RI. It has survived the War of 1812, The Civil War, at least 2 severe hurricanes that flooded the basin and a fire that we know of. Meanwhile the brand new condos down the street are already rotting because of bad drywall. They just don't make them like they used to.

They don't build shit like they used to. That Castillo De San Marcos fort thing in St Augustine was built in 1672 out of that coquina crap. I mean for chrissakes that's just wee seashells. And all the newer buildings are molding up and rotting away from the humidity here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Neato!

Like I said, I never believed in ghosts until I moved into this house, which has had its share of apparitions.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

why is it that "ghost" pictures only seem to be on crappy cameras