News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

In Memoriam: TGRR 2002-2010

Started by Doktor Howl, February 06, 2010, 03:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we always, always, keep up with the forum.

Farewell, Good Reverend Roger. Doktor Howl, have you finished the autopsy?

President Television

The old man's mellowed out, has he?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

AFK

Quote from: Cainad on February 07, 2010, 07:24:17 PM
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we always, always, keep up with the forum.

I'm guessing I missed something.  Someone needs to develop a newsletter for the site so I can keep up on this shit. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Kai

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 07, 2010, 09:18:38 PM
Quote from: Cainad on February 07, 2010, 07:24:17 PM

I'm guessing I missed something.  Someone needs to develop a newsletter for the site so I can keep up on this shit. 

Everything fell apart, and nothing much happened.

Oh, and TGRR turned into Dok Howl.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

NotPublished

That about sums it up. In my relgion, I like to believe TGRR blew up in a rage of angry fairy dust and a baby was left in its wake. It's what happens to Gods right?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Richter

Well met and godspeed then, Good Reverend. 

Pleased to meet you Doctor.

The freedom to change yourself is a great idea for anyone of the cloth to preach.  Too few admit when they need to, and model it themselves.

...and I got an especially bad panic from the "RIP".   :argh!:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

NotPublished

Reading the beggining of the OP it was like ... "oshit what did he do? :eek:"
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Bobby Campbell

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Maria

Cramulus

Goodbye Hello Roger! It sounds like you had quite an experience - your nervous system is all realigned, huh? I want to hear more about your transcendence. Is it hard to leave behind your old identity? What made you want to get a new one? What does Doc Howl have to say about Rage?

I'm glad we didn't lose ya, man.  :)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 08, 2010, 02:46:03 PM

Goodbye Hello Roger! It sounds like you had quite an experience - your nervous system is all realigned, huh? I want to hear more about your transcendence. Is it hard to leave behind your old identity? What made you want to get a new one? What does Doc Howl have to say about Rage?

I'm glad we didn't lose ya, man.  :)

In this case, it wasn't too hard to walk away from my identity, both IRL and online.  I was getting a little lazy and bored with the TGRR persona...I wasn't doing enough, and when your mind isn't big enough for the job, the answer is sometimes to just get a new one.

And rage is bad for you.  In hindsight, needing rage to act is a sign of laziness, and you typically miss your intended target...and I think we've had entirely enough collateral damage around here, don't you?

Lastly, as I said before, the Holy Man™ is useless in America, right now...perhaps Payne can get some use out of it.  What we need now is cartoon mad science, Cram.  Religion scares people, and it puts them off of your message.  But who is afraid of a "mad scientist" in this day and age?  Fucking nobody.  You're a joke, and everyone likes to hear jokes.

But wait until they get the punchline, Professor.
Molon Lube