News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Staring at an Abstract Painting

Started by ThisIsMyName.StopAsking, February 07, 2010, 11:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisIsMyName.StopAsking

It has been awhile since I came here.  But now, I realize why I left: there is no purpose.

You all talk of how sucky the world is, moaning about your lives and constantly re-itterating how terrible the world is.  You're trapped in a web of Pragmaticism, looking at the big concept of "The World" through a microscope which is your life.  You know, when I first came here, I was truly intrigued by what seemed to be a genius school of thought.

But the truth is: you're pointlessly hurting yourselves.  Popping an instinctive bubble your brain has made to make life wonderful-seeming.  But if your personal life is good, you'll find a problem in your country, or the world, or something.  Searching for another problem you can't fix just to remind everybody, you were right and Logic is all there is.

If Logic is truly all there is, you might as well kill yourself-- you'll find no solace in it, real or not.  My only real advice being: scrap everything but the pinealism and the recipes on here.  The Principia Discordia was written as a joke, as "how to escape whatever you want", not as a political dogma nor as a guide to living.  You can eat hot dogs on Fridays-- but the original concept Mal-2 was probably aiming for has been so far distorted, and it's modern-day replacement is rehashed so often on here, there's no discussion.  "This is the truth-- if you don't like it, suck it. " 

But-- Idealism and dreams are lost.  You  :horrormirth:abandon any hope for a better future, whining about how bad things are on this site which considerably few people know of.  So please.  Life is an abstract painting: stop looking for the goat you were told about.

Freeky

Salty

Quote from: ThisIsMyName.StopAsking on February 07, 2010, 11:05:02 PM
It has been awhile since I came here.  But now, I realize why I left: there is no purpose.

You all talk of how sucky the world is, moaning about your lives and constantly re-itterating how terrible the world is.  You're trapped in a web of Pragmaticism, looking at the big concept of "The World" through a microscope which is your life.  You know, when I first came here, I was truly intrigued by what seemed to be a genius school of thought.

But the truth is: you're pointlessly hurting yourselves.  Popping an instinctive bubble your brain has made to make life wonderful-seeming.  But if your personal life is good, you'll find a problem in your country, or the world, or something.  Searching for another problem you can't fix just to remind everybody, you were right and Logic is all there is.

If Logic is truly all there is, you might as well kill yourself-- you'll find no solace in it, real or not.  My only real advice being: scrap everything but the pinealism and the recipes on here.  The Principia Discordia was written as a joke, as "how to escape whatever you want", not as a political dogma nor as a guide to living.  You can eat hot dogs on Fridays-- but the original concept Mal-2 was probably aiming for has been so far distorted, and it's modern-day replacement is rehashed so often on here, there's no discussion.  "This is the truth-- if you don't like it, suck it. "  

But-- Idealism and dreams are lost.  You  :horrormirth:abandon any hope for a better future, whining about how bad things are on this site which considerably few people know of.  So please.  Life is an abstract painting: stop looking for the goat you were told about.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

I did laugh. Thanks.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

So, this is how you enjoy your life? Compartmentalizing a group of varied, angry people who have no purpose, and few people pay attention to, telling them that their ideas suck, that they should kill themselves?

:lulz:

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Eater of Clowns

Seems far less foolish to make mistakes about the world based on one's own life than it is to make mistakes about a "site which considerably few people know of" based on one's poor understanding of it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 07, 2010, 11:14:37 PM
Well, what are you doing right now?

:?

I don't think my question is going to be answered. :lulz:

Salty

I
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 08, 2010, 12:24:53 AM

Why would it be? It wasn't an enjoyable question. BE MORE ENJOYABLE FREEKY.

Freeky

Quote from: Alty on February 08, 2010, 12:27:14 AM
I

I can't, I'm too busy being depressing and popping my protective happy thought bubbles and being serious! :x

NotPublished

I think we need to watch either Desperate Housewives or go out for Mexican.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Freeky

Fuck you, my mom died from watching Desperate Houswives and my Grandpa died from going out for Mexican!  :argh!:

Salty

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 08, 2010, 12:57:54 AM
I

I can't, I'm too busy being depressing and popping my protective happy thought bubbles and being serious! :x

Tsk, tsk. You should try harder Freeky, like this fellow:

*warning! don't click if you, understandably, have trouble with children in agony...Uh, I mean children failing to live an enjoyable life.*
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab46/Altyvision/starving-child-sudan.jpg

Freeky

Quote from: Alty on February 08, 2010, 01:05:13 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 08, 2010, 12:57:54 AM
I

Tsk, tsk. You should try harder Freeky, like this fellow:

*warning! don't click if you, understandably, have trouble with children in agony...Uh, I mean children failing to live an enjoyable life.*
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab46/Altyvision/starving-child-sudan.jpg
:sad:

THIS IS APPROPRAITELY HORRIBLE FOR SRS FORUM.

Salty

Sorry, I felt compelled to hurt you and myself.