News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Cat follies at Casa De Squid

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, February 11, 2010, 04:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

I didn't wanna keep spammin up apple talk with stupid cat talk shit so I made a new thread.
You can delete it on Sunday if you want.

As of now--

Blinky was pregnant (damn it Darnell  :argh!: )
The doctor felt what may have been 2 sacks. Right now they're the size of the cotton bit on a swab.
It is in everyone's best interest to not let them go full term. By everyone I mean Blinky, us, the kittens and, well, Earth. She is in no shape physically to be a mother. She's already pretty deformed and there's no telling what would happen. She's severely underdeveloped for her age and birth could have been really hard on her.
(she's about 5 or 6 and the vet thought she was about a year and a half)
Yes I am extremely sad about it. And sensitive. But we'll all live.

They tested her for aids and leukemia and she is clean.
This is her first trip out of the house and in someone else's care. I have faith that they're going to take good care of her since the itemized estimate was very thorough. From morphine patches, to iv's, to antibiotics and everything else.
They gave me a talk through for the whole procedure.

I get to pick her up on Saturday.
I know it's stupid to be bitching and crying about a damn cat to you spags, but I just needed to kind of get it off my chest. I don't feel like telling my irl friends about it and frankly I don't even feel up to speaking out loud to humans right now.
Thanks for listening. Sorry for whining.
I just really love my little kitty.

Salty

Cute kitty!

If my little Cuntessa was having problems like that I'd be unloading on just about everyone unfortunate enough to come within range of my mouth. But I'm pretty chatty anyway so...

I hope the procdure goes well.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

:(

I'm sure she'll be fine. The vet sounds like they really want to take care of her for you and the fact they were so thorough with you is a good sign. That's very professional. The only thing I would worry about is her disorientation when she comes home. Fortunately it's Saturday so you can be there and watch her.

I know even when Rin and Mishu got fixed I was a wreck all day at work, not to mention I was sick and it was still my first week at the bank in Boston.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Alty on February 11, 2010, 05:03:03 PM
Wait...cats get AIDs?

yup, there's feline aids

Thanks guys. I'm sure she'll be fine. Just stressful.

Suu

Quote from: Alty on February 11, 2010, 05:03:03 PM
Wait...cats get AIDs?

Yes. An auto-immune disease that will cut their lifespan in half. I lost one cat to it and another to Feline Leukemia. It's why I refuse to have outdoor cats now, because there is no cure and when they go, they really suffer.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on February 11, 2010, 04:48:57 PM
I know it's stupid to be bitching and crying about a damn cat to you spags, but I just needed to kind of get it off my chest. I don't feel like telling my irl friends about it and frankly I don't even feel up to speaking out loud to humans right now.
Thanks for listening. Sorry for whining.
I just really love my little kitty.

Don't feel bad, Squiddy. It's really normal to feel like this. I was 22 when my pet rabbit died, it lived at my parents place and it was old and sick and needed an injection and I had the opportunity to see it one more time, it was a wednesday morning I remember. I cried.

Now, Blinky is not going to die, she will be just fine, really. But she's a cat and not a freaky rabbit that is scared of everything and will bite you (crazy rabbit, really), so yeah.

Um, I'm not really sure where I was going with this, but Blinky will be fine, and it's not strange to be upset about this situation at all.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:lulz: the biting drift was funny. rabbits are scared a lot.

sorry bout bunneh.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Poor Blinky! You're doing the right thing and being a good cat mama.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 11, 2010, 05:17:58 PM
Poor Blinky! You're doing the right thing and being a good cat mama.

Thanks. I think I needed to hear that.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Update:

She's doing well. Surgery was a success. She was very very early in her pregnancy so there was no swelling or complications. She was also in an intense heat cycle and this will be better for her body in the long run. They found a cyst on her ovary and got it.
She's resting and all is good.
Other than that and her missing her eyeballs, she's a perfectly healthy kitty!
I'm very happy to hear it :)

Suu

YAY! My sister will be so happy. She got all worried.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu on February 12, 2010, 05:12:33 PM
YAY! My sister will be so happy. She got all worried.

Awe :)

Shewt HFLS, these cats are so damned spoiled as it is.. They have th erun of the house, I just pay the rent here.

Also, between 4 of em I've pumped like 1200 bucks out just this month.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Blinky is home now.
And sporting her lovliest Lady Gaga couture

The other cats are following her around the house.
She's pretty disoriented and the cone is quite an obstacle.
She seems to remember where everything is pretty well, as she's already digging a hole to the earth's mantle via the litter box.
Poor thing.

At least that cone is taking the brunt of the impact of all the walls and furniture she keeps slamming herself into. So she may keep the rest of her teeth.