News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

ITT - COMIC BOOK NERDS ONLY

Started by E.O.T., February 11, 2010, 07:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: E.O.T. on February 11, 2010, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:15:00 PM
On the subject, the MSY graphic novel is racing ahead, and might even make deadline.

CANNOT

Fucking wait!

WHAT

Format are you printing it in? Are you self publishing?

Standard format, B&W, self-published, with an industry geek distributing it locally, selling autographed copies on POEE, cheap.  Prices by March, release is May 1 for the first issue (double issue), then one issue/2 months after that til the story is done (10 issues).
Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:22:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 11, 2010, 08:21:13 PM
He's just a tracer, anyway.

Inking is a solid bitch, actually.  Kim got so stressed doing it, she beat Von Melee with the cat.  The fat one.

Boy, was he pissed, too. Don't have to worry about the writer's cramp now.  :lulz: Got Von Melee's migraine meds to ooze it out of me next time.

LMNO

Yeah, I know. I just couldn't resist dropping in a Kevin Smith running gag.

Faust

Quote from: E.O.T. on February 11, 2010, 08:14:37 PM

A ranting Doktor Sleepless?(!) That sounds strangely like someone on this board...

Yeah I was Kinda wondering that : "The who's afraid of Doktor howl?" seemed familiar to me and the Doktor bit.
http://warren-ellis.livejournal.com/90223.html Theres the quote that confirmed it "Who's afraid of Doktor Sleepless?"

Just what exactly HAS roger turned into?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2010, 08:26:47 PM

A ranting Doktor Sleepless?(!) That sounds strangely like someone on this board...

Yeah I was Kinda wondering that : "The who's afraid of Doktor howl?" seemed familiar to me and the Doktor bit.
http://warren-ellis.livejournal.com/90223.html Theres the quote that confirmed it "Who's afraid of Doktor Sleepless?"

Someone that needed an instant identity to replace the one that died.  Someone that needed non-standard weaponry.

Someone that will kill you all one day, because you didn't kill me when I asked nicely.

And Doktor Howl is actually a takeoff on my old friend Doc Howl (who posted here for a while, before his death).
Molon Lube

E.O.T.

OMG

DOKTOR   
BUT DOKTOR SLEEPLESS. HE'S SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY.

DOKTOR   
WHO'S AFRAID OF A CARTOON MAD SCIENTIST?

-BE AFRAID

be very afraid
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:29:10 PM

Someone that needed an instant identity.  Someone that needed non-standard weaponry.

Someone that will kill you all one day, because you didn't kill me when I asked nicely.
As instant identities go its not a bad one.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nurse Mayhem on February 11, 2010, 08:24:24 PM

Inking is a solid bitch, actually.  Kim got so stressed doing it, she beat Von Melee with the cat.  The fat one.

Boy, was he pissed, too. Don't have to worry about the writer's cramp now.  :lulz: Got Von Melee's migraine meds to ooze it out of me next time.

I'm kinda liking the change in you, over the last week or so.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2010, 08:31:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:29:10 PM

Someone that needed an instant identity.  Someone that needed non-standard weaponry.

As instant identities go its not a bad one.

It was that or catatonia, Faust.  And staring at the wall all day didn't seem like much fun.  I was a little more ill than Maria let on.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, I sympathized with the character, because I don't sleep without drugs at all, anymore.
Molon Lube

Cain

Doktor Howl posts a lot more than issues of Doktor Sleepless come out tho.

I swear the series hasn't gotten past issue 13 since, like, this time last year.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:31:30 PM

Just watch out, next time you show up I'll have a cigarette plastered to my lip and be sitting on the couch mumbling obscenities at Von Melee. But the good news? I'm prettier than Keith Richards.  :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 11, 2010, 08:34:20 PM

I swear the series hasn't gotten past issue 13 since, like, this time last year.

Warren Ellis has finished precisely 2 things in his life:  Transmetropolitan and Crooked Little Vein.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nurse Mayhem on February 11, 2010, 08:34:45 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:31:30 PM

Just watch out, next time you show up I'll have a cigarette plastered to my lip and be sitting on the couch mumbling obscenities at Von Melee. But the good news? I'm prettier than Keith Richards.  :lulz:

If you get too fucked up on those goddamn pills to work, then you shan't be allowed to have them.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:35:29 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 11, 2010, 08:34:20 PM

Warren Ellis has finished precisely 2 things in his life:  Transmetropolitan and Crooked Little Vein.

Well I have read exactly half of all his finished works, then.  Of course, if he spent less time coming up with witticisms for Twitter and posting awesome music on his blog, it could help his productivity.