News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

ITT - COMIC BOOK NERDS ONLY

Started by E.O.T., February 11, 2010, 07:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Also, some differences:

Doktor Sleepless - rich.
Doktor Howl - not rich.

Doktor Sleepless - knows that horrible creatures live between dimensions.
Doktor Howl - knows that they actually live under the Stone Avenue bridge.

Doktor Sleepless - uses massive amounts of high tech goodies.
Doktor Howl - makes gadgets to harm people that deserve it.

Doktor Sleepless - Hasn't ate or slept in two years.
Doktor Howl - Ate a FUCKING SALAD for lunch, and bludgeons himself to sleep with drugs.

Doktor Sleepless - has an assassin for a nurse.
Doktor Howl - has a crazy and violent friend for a nurse.

Doktor Sleepless - is a fictional character who wants to kill you.
Doktor Howl - is a real person that wants to kill you.

Doktor Sleepless - Has bioweapons at his disposal.
Doktor Howl - has hallucinations.

There.  I think that ties it up nicely.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nurse Mayhem on February 11, 2010, 08:54:39 PM
I might decide to do a couple character sketches and post them to my DA page... Might
Pending the Doktor's request on this.

NO PICS OF THE JUDGE PUKING ARE SHOWN EARLY.

Other than that, go for it.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2010, 08:51:05 PM
The role belongs to whoever wants it. If roger wanted to be reborn as a mad scientist, there was nothing stopping him.

It felt right.

It was either that, or Zombie Nixon.
Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:58:04 PM
Quote from: Nurse Mayhem on February 11, 2010, 08:54:39 PM
I might decide to do a couple character sketches and post them to my DA page... Might
Pending the Doktor's request on this.

NO PICS OF THE JUDGE PUKING ARE SHOWN EARLY.

Other than that, go for it.

:lulz: That particular image is reserved only for those who buy the comic, and for those working on said graphic.

Character sketches will be posted when I get a free hand.

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 08:59:00 PM
Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2010, 08:51:05 PM
The role belongs to whoever wants it. If roger wanted to be reborn as a mad scientist, there was nothing stopping him.

It felt right.

It was either that, or Zombie Nixon.
I approve, and as much as I would like to see zombie nixon it would probably start an apocalypse when that stubborn dick Hunter S. would rise from his grave, powered by nothing more then his bile and an urge to sass zombie nixon.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Juana

An unfinished but still awesome Warren Ellis work is N.E.X.T.W.A.V.E, of which there are two books.

I'm kind of a huge Marvel fan and I recommend the Civil War arc.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Faust: I never got around to telling you this, but I absolutely love that image for your signature. Patrick Nagel is quite amazing. Just a side note.

E.O.T.

Quote from: Kurys on February 11, 2010, 09:07:03 PM
An unfinished but still awesome Warren Ellis work is N.E.X.T.W.A.V.E, of which there are two books.

THANK YOU

Apparently I need to check out Warren Ellis all around.

I LOVE STAN

I'll poke around at the civil war titles. Those epic Marvel crossover things are sometimes where it's at and sometimes total suck.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Quote from: E.O.T. on February 11, 2010, 09:18:55 PM
Quote from: Kurys on February 11, 2010, 09:07:03 PM

THANK YOU

Apparently I need to check out Warren Ellis all around.

I LOVE STAN

I'll poke around at the civil war titles. Those epic Marvel crossover things are sometimes where it's at and sometimes total suck.

Warren Ellis is a god. Not a graphic novel, but you should check out "Crooked Little Vein."  The Doktor loaned it to me and I devoured that book in a short time.

Faust

Quote from: Nurse Mayhem on February 11, 2010, 09:10:21 PM
Faust: I never got around to telling you this, but I absolutely love that image for your signature. Patrick Nagel is quite amazing. Just a side note.
I love his art, it was actually someone here that introduced me to it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2010, 09:32:54 PM
Quote from: Nurse Mayhem on February 11, 2010, 09:10:21 PM
I love his art, it was actually someone here that introduced me to it.

Very nice. I was introduced to his work by accident. I had acquired one of the books with his art, someone had thrown it into my stuff when I moved out of my ex's place.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

im attracted more by pretty art then good story  :lol: i have alot of those Fables things cause the cover guy is my fav artist EVAR

By the way, character sketches are posted on DA. Links are in Bring and Brag.

E.O.T.

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on February 11, 2010, 11:37:28 PM
im attracted more by pretty art then good story  :lol: i have alot of those Fables things cause the cover guy is my fav artist EVAR

AH

That fable stuff does look pretty hot, from what I've seen. I have followed some fairly ridiculous titles simply because I love the artist. I really do love a good story though, sometimes I feel bad that the artist spent so much time on all the panels because it's more atmosphere than eyecandy, if the story has me. But I guess that's like a good soundtrack, you just don't notice it as much as feel it while you're in the film. That "madame xanadu" which I mentioned earlier has most of the story art done by Amy Reeder(sp?) Hadley, and her stuff is beautiful. Some of the greatest talespinning of comic universedom are the wordless pages in "lone wolf and cub", beautiful black and white timelessness.

BUT ALSO

I started picking up the new Batwoman story arc of Detective Comics because a friend said the art rocks, which it does, sort of deco influenced layout, excellent colours - but (the writer) Rucka is too far on the wrong side of nerd to make me believe the cliche'd hipster bad girl grit.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Nurse Mayhem on February 11, 2010, 08:14:06 PM
"Transmetropolitan"  :fap:

Fuck yeah, this.

Transmetropolitan is the only comic book I've read that I really loved. Deadpool is alright too, has its moments but Transmetropolitan is 100% awesome from start to finish.