News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

SO YOU HAVE BACON FAT

Started by Triple Zero, December 04, 2009, 10:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on February 16, 2010, 03:39:05 PM
ughhh I don't know that I could intentionally eat a lard sandwich.

Well to be fair you're just substituting what you'd otherwise use in butter.

But yes, it was pretty greasy.

ALSO

I am claiming this thread now for another recipe. Which is

QUICK NOODLES OF PRETTY DAMN GOOD CHOW GOODNESS
=======================================

With the emphasis on QUICK, you have a skillet with a dried layer of random red pasta sauce left from yesterday in it, you dump a splash of oil in it and turn up the heat.

NOW TIME STARTS RUNNING AND YOU MUST CHOP THIS ONION--wtf? I needed an onion for this???--NO TIME TO RUN TO THE SUPERMARKET NOW BUDDY--AND DUMP IT IN THE PAN BEFORE EVERYTHING STARTS BURNING AND GOING TO HELL

then you follow up with two of those funny chinese mono-garlics. tastes exactly the same as regular garlic except they are tiny bulbs instead of cloves. called pearl-garlic it seems. also chopped.

then you add half a baggie of marinated "crunchy turnip". which is some kind of pickled bits of turnip, very strong taste in something that resembles a mix of chilli, 5-spice, ginger and of course MSG.

also chop up some candied ginger in syrup. this is actually stuff you find in the confectionary/pie section of the supermarket, but it's a convenient replacement for fresh ginger (which I also use often enough), because it keeps well forever, unlike fresh ginger which dries out (although putting some chunks of ginger in the freezer seems to do the trick just fine and is easier to chop as well)

then you make a cup of boiling water and you dump some fish sauce in it, and a good squirt of lemon juice.

and then you take two of those little "birdnest" thingies of noodles, I had a regular one and a green one. I like to crush them into little bits before dumping them on top of the frying stuff, it makes mixing easier.

then you slowly add the cup of liquid to the pan until the noodles are done and everything is yummy.

it;s really good.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.