News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED SARAH PALIN APPRECIATION THREAD!

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, February 13, 2010, 04:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 02:59:19 PM
I really don't see Palin running, to be honest.  She's making a lot more money, and leveraging much more power, by being an idiot pundit on TV and the lecture circuit, where she doesn't have to get fact-checked or be held responsible for her actions.

I agree with this.

The Good Reverend Roger

I really don't see Palin running, to be honest.  She's making a lot more money, and leveraging much more power, by being an idiot pundit on TV and the lecture circuit, where she doesn't have to get fact-checked or be held responsible for her actions.

Judging from Bush & Obama's actions, they aren't held responsible, either.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on January 24, 2011, 12:43:42 AM
Quote from: Jenne on January 23, 2011, 07:06:39 PM
She doesn't listen to anyone who isn't parroting her.  It's going to be her downfall in politics, actually.  Because she's someone who so obviously NEEDS a "handler" but doesn't know it/accept it.
Not only that, but when she had handlers she tended to blame them for problems that she caused herself.

Quote from: Jenne on January 23, 2011, 07:06:39 PMShe's got some serious issues when it comes to education and knowledge base.  Her embarassments come NOT from her handlers NOT knowing she's a dunce, just that assumption we the American public would find that uh "quality" of hers "adorable" or "endearing."
A surprisingly large portion of the American public eats it up, though.

Quote from: Jenne on January 23, 2011, 07:06:39 PMSo the Katie Curic moment was just too revealing of something her personal assistants and image consultants ALREADY KNEW.
Yeah, but that interview endeared her to a heckuva lot of people. Pretty much anyone who's ever been mocked by some pointy-headed over-educated liberal for believing things that just ain't so can totally identify with her.

Yes, and there's a rather large section of the GOP that's cottoning more and more to the brand of voter that Palin brings to the table.  The problem is:  that's not good for the longevity of the party.  And those who move and shape things for the longterm view know this.  They really do NOT want the GOP to move any more to the right (because, statistically speaking, the majority of votes are STILL found in the center).  The more extreme the party gets, the less likely it will continue to gain votes of independents and those Dems who are unhappy with status quo.

Fringe elements are cool for "engerizing" the movement, but this doesn't win you a presidency, as we saw in '08.  The real trick is to get the Tea Partiers to not stall out at the starting line.  The fact that Palin is so gun shy (heh, metaphor's on the other foot) about transparency and doing interviews anywhere BUT Fox News is a good indication her vetting would not withstand another Presidential (or even gubanatorial at this point--she's too famous) election.

People "in the know" seem to think she might run for a senate seat or some such.  I think LMNO might be right--she might just do what Newt Gingrich and Pat Buchanan have been doing--the talking bobblehead circuit--till her notoreity gets less heated and she can sneak into an election.  Probably as in independent so as to rescue herself from extreme scrutiny.

Thurnez Isa

I wish you would bury her back in whatever hole she came from.
She's already ruined my erection for Christine O'Donnell.
:sad:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on January 24, 2011, 06:33:29 PM
I wish you would bury her back in whatever hole she came from.
She's already ruined my erection for Christine O'Donnell.
:sad:

No. This is exactly the politician that America insists on.

the last yatto

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 24, 2011, 03:19:41 PM

Judging from Bush & Obama's actions, they aren't held responsible, either.   :lulz:

Change that to Dick and Biden and you might have something...
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LMNO

It is so disconcerting when she's accurate:

"His theme last night in the State of the Union was the WTF, winning the future, and I thought, OK, that acronym, spot-on. There were a lot of WTF moments throughout that speech."—on President Obama's State of the Union address.

Cramulus

how was the state of the union address? I didn't see it and I haven't heard anything except that it did well in the polls.

LMNO

"Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."
- Shakespeare, Macbeth

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 28, 2011, 03:25:30 PM
"Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."
- Shakespeare, Macbeth

LMNO, I fucking love you.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

AFK

I didn't see it either, but the overall sense I got from the pundits (for whatever that's worth) is that it was a rather boiler-plate, ho-hum speech.  He didn't really make any news one way or the other.  There wasn't any one big thing to set off the Conservatives and there really wasn't anything for the Progressives to stand up and applaud.  

In addition, there is some grumbling in the Progressive community about how Obama basically punted as far as using this as an opportunity to talk about guns and gun control.  Apparently there is going to be a separate speech on this some time, but the SOTU would've been a venue where he had the biggest audience.  And where they also made a point to invite the intern that saved Giffords and highlight her empty seat.  I think it was pretty wimpy for him to not touch upon the gun issues.  

Thinking about it politically, I'm guessing the math went something like this:  Obama new there were going to be two responses after the SOTU.  One from Ryan and one from Crazy Lady.  I think they made the calculation that it was best for them politically to produce a ho-hum, highly general speech and let the GOP grab the headlines for their in-fighting.  That's my theory anyway.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I saw parts of it, but Mrs LMNO kept changing the channel whenever I started heckling the TV.

AFK

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41313749/ns/today-entertainment/

QuoteTNT offered up a mea culpa Thursday to former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin after Tracy Morgan made some, um, below-the-belt remarks about the Mama Grizzly during a live pregame broadcast of "Inside the NBA."

So just what did he say that was so bad?

Things got rolling when the hosts were chatting about who was hotter: Sarah Palin or the funnyman's "30 Rock" co-star Tina Fey (who won an Emmy for her spot-on satirical portrait of the half-term Republican governor turned tube personality). That prompted Charles Barkley to say, "Sarah Palin's good looking, isn't she?"

Not one to shy away from speaking his mind, Morgan went rogue: "Let me tell you something about Sarah Palin — she's good masturbation material."

Unfortunately, the cable net didn't take kindly to that candid description of the woman who once won the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant before becoming one of America's most well-known politicians.

"It's unfortunate Mr. Morgan showed a lack of judgment on our air with his inappropriate comments," a TNT spokesman told the Hollywood Reporter in a statement.

The comedian declined to comment. No doubt he's said plenty already.

"TNT:  We Know Drama, not so good with comedy."

Sister Fracture

Quote from: RWHN, MPP on January 28, 2011, 05:23:13 PM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41313749/ns/today-entertainment/

QuoteTNT offered up a mea culpa Thursday to former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin after Tracy Morgan made some, um, below-the-belt remarks about the Mama Grizzly during a live pregame broadcast of "Inside the NBA."

So just what did he say that was so bad?

Things got rolling when the hosts were chatting about who was hotter: Sarah Palin or the funnyman's "30 Rock" co-star Tina Fey (who won an Emmy for her spot-on satirical portrait of the half-term Republican governor turned tube personality). That prompted Charles Barkley to say, "Sarah Palin's good looking, isn't she?"

Not one to shy away from speaking his mind, Morgan went rogue: "Let me tell you something about Sarah Palin — she's good masturbation material."

Unfortunately, the cable net didn't take kindly to that candid description of the woman who once won the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant before becoming one of America's most well-known politicians.

"It's unfortunate Mr. Morgan showed a lack of judgment on our air with his inappropriate comments," a TNT spokesman told the Hollywood Reporter in a statement.

The comedian declined to comment. No doubt he's said plenty already.

"TNT:  We Know Drama, not so good with comedy."
:lulz:
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

AFK

I just find it kinda funny that TNT employs Charles Barkley's big mouth but they feel they need to apologize for Tracy Morgan. 

It would be like Fox News apologizing for something Ted Nugent said on Glen Beck's show.