News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Plus I Got Depression

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 15, 2010, 07:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A thread for general complaints about life, to keep the rest of Apple Talk from getting spagged up with threads about complainy life stuff.

I just realized, to my horror, that my housemate and her boyfriend do
  not have to work today and will be loitering around my kitchen
  baby-talking at their horrible animals, distracting me from my
  work by loudly saying to me things they think are clever, and
  being generally annoying. Maybe I will skip putting things on Etsy
  and spend the whole day in my studio instead. They can't get me in
  my studio.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08042003
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 15, 2010, 07:13:32 PM
They can't get me in my studio.

Especially if you booby trap the door.

I am complaining about Mike the engineer, who is constantly distracting filthy assistant with requests for budgetary information that he has no need to see, and that FA has no time to provide for him (and that I am unwilling to give him, simply because he is a nosy bastard).
Molon Lube

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on February 15, 2010, 07:19:42 PM
I am hungry.  :argh!:

If I have to look at another batch of steamed veggies, I'm gonna puke.

This is not food.  This is what you feed to food.
Molon Lube

Jenne

You need to booby trap that filthy assistant, Rog, just saying.

I'm complaining about my old PC that I don't have t he $ to replace and just got its RAM updated but is still shite for my job with ETS

MOTHERFUCKING F5!!! :crankey:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on February 15, 2010, 07:21:09 PM

Roger:  Hey, Mike, you know that information you wanted from Larry?

Mike:  Yeah?

Roger:  DENIED.

Mike:  What?  Why?

Roger:  Because you have confused "need to know" with "want to know".  Our department does not exist to satisfy your bloated ego.

Mike:  *string of hollered obscenities*

Roger:  *hangs up phone*

There.  I feel better.

Now I have to complain that I've run out of things to complain about.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 07:21:00 PM
Quote from: Suu on February 15, 2010, 07:19:42 PM
I am hungry.  :argh!:

If I have to look at another batch of steamed veggies, I'm gonna puke.

This is not food.  This is what you feed to food.

I love steamed veggies. Unfortunately my digestive track is a nightmare right now and I need to go on probiotics for at least 2 weeks so that I will stop shitting what can only be described as gelatinous matter every 4 hours.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 07:23:25 PM
Quote from: Jenne on February 15, 2010, 07:21:09 PM

Roger:  Hey, Mike, you know that information you wanted from Larry?

Mike:  Yeah?

Roger:  DENIED.

Mike:  What?  Why?

Roger:  Because you have confused "need to know" with "want to know".  Our department does not exist to satisfy your bloated ego.

Mike:  *string of hollered obscenities*

Roger:  *hangs up phone*

There.  I feel better.

Now I have to complain that I've run out of things to complain about.

:lulz:  Well done!

And you can still complain about your bland food.  That's a great one, and it's sure to last.  Until you fall off the "good kid diet" wagon.

Freeky

Poor Suu.

I am complaining that it smells like dogshit in here, due to the fact that I changed my Monkey's diaper in here twice, and thanks to the ex who probably gave Monkey the shits from substandard food. :argh!:

East Coast Hustle

I'm complaining about this thread, since we already have "Apple Talk Bodega" which has turned into mostly a big whine-fest, and since I don't really care about what's wrong with any of your lives anyway and have been getting quite sick of reading about everyone's drama and problems for the last few months.

Life sucks. Get a helmet.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, the hippie has asked me several times what my work schedule is, and despite having told him it's basically 9-5 weekdays plus the occasional Sunday, and sometimes 9-7 if I'm particularly trying to get caught up, he keeps texting me asking if I want to get coffee/go out to lunch/go for a hike, and next time he texts me "what are you doing today?" I think I'm going to reply "WORKING, BECAUSE IT IS A WORK FUCKING DAY AND I WORK ALL DAY, YOU UNEMPLOYED MOTHERFUCKING TWIT" even though I really like him, because for fuck's sake, I am so tired of people assuming that being self-employed means I work half days or whenever I feel like it.

No.

There is a reason I am still up at midnight posting pictures and giving advice about glassworking and color on glass forums. It is called "I slack off too much in the mornings". The only reason I DON'T work a 60-hour week is because EOT does everything that doesn't directly require my expertise. And even when I'm fucking off, I'm still working, because part of working is looking at pictures and having idea and getting into a kind of beadhead zen space where I can pick up the glass and empty my mind of everything but the glass. When I'm there, I can rock out six hundred dollars worth of work in a few hours... and sometimes I spend all morning getting there. Which is why I want my housemate and her boyfriend to shut up and leave me alone. It's also why some people can be my assistant and some people can't; if I can get into my zen space with someone present, they will work. Most people don't.   
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 15, 2010, 07:28:16 PM
I'm complaining about this thread, since we already have "Apple Talk Bodega" which has turned into mostly a big whine-fest, and since I don't really care about what's wrong with any of your lives anyway and have been getting quite sick of reading about everyone's drama and problems for the last few months.

I thought it might be nice to create a ghetto for the complaining, and also it might inspire entertaining complaining, which I kind of find fun to read. Suu's complaining, for instance, is often very entertaining.

I didn't realize the Bodega was for complaining, I thought it was more of a "what I did today" kind of general socializing thread.

Suu

I'm complaining about ECH complaining so I can just continue to complain.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 07:17:42 PM
Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 15, 2010, 07:13:32 PM
They can't get me in my studio.

Especially if you booby trap the door.

I am loving the shit out of this suggestion.

Jenne

you're whinging about whinging threads!  orsome!  :D