News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Pot/drugs: An all-encompassing explanation.

Started by Doktor Howl, February 15, 2010, 09:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fogukaup

Marijuana made me eat meat after being a vegetarian for 10 years. It also gave me the taste-buds for well-crafted beers. I have no complaints.

Eater of Clowns

MARIJUANA MADE ME KILL 6 PEOPLE AND SHAVE OFF ALL MY BODY HAIR.

You might have been on marijuana when you did it and your decision making was probably pretty hindered, but it was still you that did it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

fogukaup

what or who is responsible for catalyzing open-mindedness? I think an external "adulterant" be it traveling, reading,  or a drug is required to dissolve your concrete opinions and assumptions.  Of course it was me that did it but  drugs have certain universal personalities and characteristics that persuade your mind to receive change.

Earthbound Spirit

I hate everyone.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: fogukaup on February 19, 2010, 01:39:02 AM
what or who is responsible for catalyzing open-mindedness? I think an external "adulterant" be it traveling, reading,  or a drug is required to dissolve your concrete opinions and assumptions.  Of course it was me that did it but  drugs have certain universal personalities and characteristics that persuade your mind to receive change.

I apologize, I said that a bit more harshly than I meant.

I can't say any drug is or isn't a catalyst for change; I have heard they can be.  But the trigger is not the finger that pulls it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: fogukaup on February 19, 2010, 12:30:27 AM
Marijuana made me eat meat after being a vegetarian for 10 years. It also gave me the taste-buds for well-crafted beers. I have no complaints.

Marijuana is making me file my nails and make dinner right now. It's also making me read this forum and think about changing into warmer clothes. Later, it might make me read in bed a little before making me turn in early.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 19, 2010, 05:52:41 AM
watch out Nigel. It'll rape you and sell all your things when you least expect it, then smack you about a bit you know. Then break out into a musical number. I've seen reefer madness. i know how this goes down.

It's already made me plug in my phone, drink two glasses of water, and brush my teeth! It all goes downhill from here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Quote from: EarthBound SpIRiT on February 19, 2010, 01:47:09 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2010, 12:06:11 AM
Crack and meth break you, and then kill you.

Quoted for truth.
given your avatar im suprized you didnt add heroin to that list
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

AFK

Quote from: fogukaup on February 19, 2010, 01:39:02 AM

Yeah, you are full of shit.  You don't need a foreign chemical to catalyze open-mindedness.  All you need is awareness.  I mean, if doing drugs makes you happy, okay, have fun with your false slack jack.  But don't make it out to be something it is not.  It isn't some magickal master key.  They are a fucking crutch for people to lazy to explore their awareness on their own. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Alty on February 17, 2010, 11:07:15 PM
In fact, the only thing I don't like about potheads, and I've always been this way, is that some of them just cannot STFU about it. You know those people that have pot-leaves pasted on any surface of clothing they own and litter their Myspace pages with "C'mon it's 4:20!" I would hate people that smoked compulsively on 4:20 anyway*, like that shit meant something substantial.

Or people who get excited when some shit movie, like Grandma's Boy, has predictably stupid pot humor in it.

ETA:* Well, not hate them. It's just annoying.

I really liked Grandma's boy, although not for the pot humor.  The old lady who was a giant slut was pretty amusing though.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 18, 2010, 06:03:40 AM
the main problem I have with E is having strange scary people you don't even know, come up and hug you and stroke your face and say "I FUCKIN LOVE YOU MAN!" with their big scary golfball eyes. the dying would be preferable.

People do that at raves who aren't on E too though.  I think that is more a problem with the sort of party that people take E at.

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As far as I'm concerned, pot is somewhere between alcohol and prescription tranquilizers, but probably a bit better than either, health-wise. Recreationally, it's safer than alcohol, and medicinally, far less addictive than benzodiazepines. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the same as either, which means that like every other drug, it's not useful for all applications in which the other two would be.

Bruno

High doses of psychedelics can simulate a near death experience, which has a tendency to cause people to re-evaluate their lives and the direction they are going in. All in all, safer and more convenient  than a car wreck, ten hours in surgery, and years of physical therapy, but I still can't say I would recommend it to anyone.

A friend of mine just broke up with a girl he was seeing because she had never done psychedelics and therefore had never had her mind opened to... I dunno, madjiqall spiritual journeys or whatever, and therefore wasn't enlightened enough to be in a relationship with him or some shit.

I mean, I can understand him breaking up with her. She was kind of ditzy, but to relate that to her lack of psychedelic use is just pretentious.
Formerly something else...

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on February 20, 2010, 01:16:36 AM
High doses of psychedelics can simulate a near death experience, which has a tendency to cause people to re-evaluate their lives and the direction they are going in. All in all, safer and more convenient  than a car wreck, ten hours in surgery, and years of physical therapy, but I still can't say I would recommend it to anyone.

A friend of mine just broke up with a girl he was seeing because she had never done psychedelics and therefore had never had her mind opened to... I dunno, madjiqall spiritual journeys or whatever, and therefore wasn't enlightened enough to be in a relationship with him or some shit.

I mean, I can understand him breaking up with her. She was kind of ditzy, but to relate that to her lack of psychedelic use is just pretentious.

Could be he didn't want to hurt her feelings and he knew that not having done psychedelics was something she was proud of.  A friend of mine broke up with someone because he was terrible in bed, but she told people it was because he was fat so that she would look like the shallow one rather than hurting his feelings.

-Dok Howl

Bruno

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 20, 2010, 01:19:55 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on February 20, 2010, 01:16:36 AM

Could be he didn't want to hurt her feelings and he knew that not having done psychedelics was something she was proud of.  A friend of mine broke up with someone because he was terrible in bed, but she told people it was because he was fat so that she would look like the shallow one rather than hurting his feelings.

I don't think so. He's a true believer when it comes to psychedelics. He was in the Marines during Desert Storm, and he thinks LSD helped him "deprogram" himself when he got out.

On the other hand, he may be telling himself that to feel better about breaking up with a girl because she's dumb.
Formerly something else...