News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 22, 2010, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Paes

Surprise Me, Eris Part 2 -Hitchhiking to a concert: A friend told me they could drive me as far as a city 2 hours away from me. That sounded convenient so I organised to meet up with them. To get out of this city, I need to walk about 2 hours and start hitching from there. Everywhere else is expressway and if you are seen walking on that, the police pick you up and take you all the way back to the beginning. It's like snakes and ladders. Friend is going to be an hour and a half late picking me up now because his car broke down. Thank you, Eris. You better be good to me after that, because then I have a ride to this other city which is surrounded in impossible to hitch out of motorways and need to work something out there.

If I start walking and hitch-hiking now, I'll still not get out of here faster than if I waited for my friend.
Waiting for friend, I get to a city which will be an enormous mission to get out of and I end up trying to get out of there in rush hour traffic.
It's also raining rather heavily here and apparently there as well if the internets weather has the troof.

I'm going to end up standing in the rain in the middle of nowhere trying to get a lift.
This is what happens when you crash all the vehicles you own.

Freeky

2/24/10

Nothing happened. Maybe I need to shout that shit out in the morning?

Tomorrow: Department of Economic Security and Downtown Tucson will be explored with surprises from Eris.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Paesior on February 24, 2010, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: Nast on February 24, 2010, 09:12:48 PM
Quote from: Paesior on February 24, 2010, 09:09:05 PM
I'm the only IT guy.

But even that is subject to scrutiny now!

Have you searched the ceiling panels for hidden employees?

Yeah, it's a small office, so I'm sure I'd have noticed if he was in here with me.
I replied only with "Whut?"
There's no new software here. I'd know about that, too, because they don't know how to use a torrent.
Yeah. All the software at my office is pirated...

So either your boss eventually gives you the software and you can start demanding tribute from your co-workers or your boss doesn't give you the software and you use that information to blackmail him. Sounds like a win/win to me. Either way you have leverage.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Still nothing but the surprise visit from EOT.

But I am attending the birthday party of someone I barely know in about three hours, so anything could happen!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

NotPublished

I suddenly decided to be social at the office and started speaking to people from the other departments, then the random chick gave me a hypothetical and said if I was desperate for cash would I ask her, I said no  :? Now she's angry at me  :? ... (Also I think I could easily fall for one person there, just gotta find out if he swings that way :x)

THANKS ERIS FOR CONFUSING ME!

oh and thank you eris for making me social etc.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Storebrand

So, my boyfriend asked me to go to the Baltimore comedy club to see Mick Foley and Colt Cabana, two wrestlers.  The show was pretty good.  I went outside while the bf went to have his picture taken with Foley.  When I walked out there were police cars everywhere and a helicopter with the searchlight going.  I walk into the 7/11 to buy cigarettes.  Two drunk chicks were screaming at each other by the milk.  The owner yells at the one acting ill to vomit outside.  Some  guy jiggles the drunks girl's boobs and just walks out.  She gave no indication that she noticed him and promptly puked all over the refrigerators.  I walked back out and one of the guys working at the comedy club gave me a dozen or so of the free tickets for shows coming up in the next month or so.  It was a pretty fun night for a Wednesday.

Iason Ouabache

Forced to work an unscheduled 13 hours (and counting!!!) shift at work. :argh!:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

NotPublished

DID THE MOST SATISFYING SHIT AND THERE WAS NO TOILET PAPER  :argh!:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

My ex dumped her current boyfriend and wants to get back together. I can't really blame Eris for this, though -- it's the kind of thing Liz does on her own.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on February 25, 2010, 05:58:07 PM
My ex dumped her current boyfriend and wants to get back together. I can't really blame Eris for this, though -- it's the kind of thing Liz does on her own.

Is this a real GF, or one of those internet things?
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Boss just called me into his office.

Boss: As you know work is a little scarce right now...
Me: :| Hopefully it will pick up again.
Boss: It won't be anytime soon.
Me: :sad:
Boss:  There's a position that is open in QA that needs to be filled, and I've been asked if there's anybody here that can fit the bill.  I want to look out for my younger employees and I know you have a couple kiddos now, so I'm offering it to you.  It will be guaranteed work for at least a year, and in the next few months things are going to be drying up here more significantly, so.....
Me: :) :| :( :?  So, what's it entail.
Boss: it's probably boring work, may be some travel, but it's an opportunity to broaden your experience, and its guaranteed work.  I can't say you should take it, but if I were in your position, I would take it.  It's a lateral move, no change in grade or pay.  QA head will talk to you if you are interested.
Me: :kingmeh: Thanks.  I'll listen to the pitch....

Shit. So now it looks like I'm gonna take this offer I can't refuse to do some boring ass work. But it's a guaranteed income with good benefits for at least a year while I look for something else.
I don't know whether to be relieved, annoyed, secure, anxious, or what!
Thanks, Eris!

Doktor Howl

Beats being laid off.

If you don't take it, you will be.  169% guaranteed.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 25, 2010, 06:26:30 PM
Beats being laid off.

yeah, he all but stated that outright.
so it's not like i'm going to not take the job.
shit they had a surprise sacking of %5 of the people here last year, and its still too tight...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on February 25, 2010, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 25, 2010, 06:26:30 PM
Beats being laid off.

yeah, he all but stated that outright.
so it's not like i'm going to not take the job.
shit they had a surprise sacking of %5 of the people here last year, and its still too tight...

What's going on is they have required job slots, but no money for those slots.  I've been dealing with this for a year and a half...it doesn't mean the company is going under, it means that they're trying to prevent it from happening...and the first hit is always fixed costs.

Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

oh, hell no the company isn't going under.
we belong to L3 Communications... 
and we're the first and head of our particular niche in the MIC.
if worst came to worst, we'd be sold off and downsized a bit, but we're not going under.
military procurement is all but stopped for the time being, and it's hitting hard...
but WWIII is scheduled before too long, and that should help pick up business.