Author Topic: Is pie crust supposed to be flaky BEFORE you bake it?  (Read 1438 times)

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
Is pie crust supposed to be flaky BEFORE you bake it?
« on: March 12, 2010, 05:54:43 am »
Or did I just fuck it up?

I made up some pie dough so I could bake it tomorrow. It's for apple pie. But either I stirred the flour too much, or the liquid I used (aple and orange kool-aid type stuff, I thought it was apple juice but was mistaken) was NOT meant to be used in baking. It ended up being sticky in flakes on me and not really wanting to stick to itself too much. Is this a good or a bad thing?
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
  • The sky tastes like red exuberance.
    • View Profile
Re: Is pie crust supposed to be flaky BEFORE you bake it?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 06:02:54 am »
Add a bit of water tomorrow before you roll it out... it should be fine.
ďIím guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,Ē Charles Wick said. ďIt was very complicated.Ē

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:19:46 am »
Ok. Thanks.
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 04:54:10 pm »
Alton Brown is Awesome. :D

i probably used too much kool-aid stuff, but it may be ok.

It looks like an awesome pie right now, anyway.

maphdet

• Outlandish
  • Razor-sharp rolling pin of correction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 07:21:35 pm »
mmmmmm-homemade pie!
*is jealous*

Now you got me thinking about crumb topping on pies.

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 02:34:48 am »
Turns out i did it perfectly. Thought I'd just share. :)

Jasper

• Deserved It
  • Pull-Start Enema Wasteland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 03:08:54 am »
Hurray!

Jasper

• Deserved It
  • Pull-Start Enema Wasteland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 03:09:39 am »
I love how in baking new things I spend so much time fretting over whether it will suck and then it usually doesn't.

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 03:13:41 am »
I know, right?