News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

SUUU!

Started by Dysnomia, March 23, 2010, 07:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storebrand

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 26, 2010, 08:54:05 PM
does it make things worse when I say that I agree with ECH and that this is indeed the sort of thing Open Bar is for, and starting a whole new thread is a lot like just saying "hey look at me" and make me too histrionic?

These are honest suggestions to fix the problem.

Edit the description for Apple Talk on the home page and/or just rename "Remember: Nobody is actually worthy to post on PD.  Make your time." so that it is abundantly clear that that is the place all post that don't justify a separate thread should go.

East Coast Hustle

I renamed the thread (AGAIN), but anyone who has been here for longer than a couple months should know that already. They should also know that there's a difference between fluff and utterly pointless and uninteresting fluff. TBH, I only singled this thread out because people talking about a dream they had is the 2nd most uninteresting thing I can think of (after someone talking about their acid trip) and anytime it happens to me IRL it tends to end in very curt threats of violence (for people I know well enough to threaten with violence) or me just talking over them with an incredibly loud and atonal "BLAH BLAH BLAH" until they shut up. This also makes it the best example I can find of a thread that need never have existed and indeed whose very existence is an affront to PD.com and humanity in general. It's certainly nothing against SPS personally.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Storebrand

Heard.  Understood.  Acknowledged.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Can't the Open Bar just be named Open Bar again? I feel a little bad about myself every time I post in it, currently.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

TBH, I like to hear about people's dreaming. It's sometimes interesting.

East Coast Hustle

No. It's not. We may have to agree to disagree, because I disagree most vehemently.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 26, 2010, 09:32:56 PM
Can't the Open Bar just be named Open Bar again? I feel a little bad about myself every time I post in it, currently.

apparently, everything needs to be spelled out in the most literal of terms lest someone's feelings be hurt by their inability to grasp nuance and/or hyperbole.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 26, 2010, 10:25:30 PM

apparently, everything needs to be spelled out in the most literal of terms lest someone's feelings be hurt by their inability to grasp nuance and/or hyperbole.

Well we get that all sometimes, sometimes people say they hate EVERYTHING in a certain category like DJs or the way to pronounce "atom", and they actually mean something else.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysnomia

The description for apple talk is that this is where fluff goes.  Sure, open bar is where a lot of it ends up, but this whole subforum is for fluff--as per description.  If that bothers you.  Change the description.  Or just stay out of apple talk, or delete the whole subforum.

You ask me what the point of this is?  Well I ask you what the point of starting multiple threads (not to mention posting in others like this one) about "what's wrong with pd".  Other than to stir up shit and police people in a forum for mindless shit. 

So if all this fluff bothers you, just get rid of the forum, that way everyone either has to gtfo or make content to stay.  Voila!  No more bitching about "content".
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 26, 2010, 10:28:48 PM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 26, 2010, 10:25:30 PM

Well we get that all sometimes, sometimes people say they hate EVERYTHING in a certain category like DJs or the way to pronounce "atom", and they actually mean something else.

I definitely never said that I hate the way Turin pronounces "atom". AND I think absolutes that cannot possibly be true are funny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

PeregrineBF

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 27, 2010, 04:33:58 AMAND I think absolutes that cannot possibly be true are funny.

So the President of Tautology Club is not the President of Tautology Club!

Sir Squid Diddimus

All of these threads make me want to start threads about nothing but pictures of food with fart clouds coming out of whatever part of the food I decide is it's ass!
:dok:Framp! Toot! Poot! BrrrrrrrRRRRRT! Pifffffffff!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on March 27, 2010, 04:01:58 AM
The description for apple talk is that this is where fluff goes.  Sure, open bar is where a lot of it ends up, but this whole subforum is for fluff--as per description.  If that bothers you.  Change the description.  Or just stay out of apple talk, or delete the whole subforum.

You ask me what the point of this is?  Well I ask you what the point of starting multiple threads (not to mention posting in others like this one) about "what's wrong with pd".  Other than to stir up shit and police people in a forum for mindless shit.  

So if all this fluff bothers you, just get rid of the forum, that way everyone either has to gtfo or make content to stay.  Voila!  No more bitching about "content".

jesus. way to miss the point entirely. go back and read my post again, please?

ETA: also, if you really think this is a "forum for mindless shit", that may be the genesis of the problem. This is not, in fact, a forum for mindless shit, and "fluff" is not synonymous with "mindless". Plenty of fluff can be interesting, sometimes even for more than one other poster out of hundreds.