News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Revolution - History and Praxis: Technoccult interviews Jonhnny Brainwash

Started by Telarus, March 25, 2010, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like the idea of going Krishna-style on the streetcorner. Talk to you next week!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."


johnnybrainwash

wo0o0ot. Danny C gave me two big boxes of comics we can hand out. Be in touch soon.

Cramulus

I dug that interview, JB!

I looooove this part:

QuoteWhat do you think radically minded activists can do to make a difference in their communities or the world?

Well, I keep using the word "organize," and I'm not sure it's one people really get. We're mostly stuck in the "activism" paradigm, which is very individualistic and focuses on people getting to express themselves. It's egotistical in that the goal is for the activist to feel fulfilled, rather than to achieve anything concrete.

Real organizing means you have to work with people you might not have a beer with otherwise, and focus on what's important to them instead of you. It means building an organization or a network that is capable of responding to events instead of building ad hoc groups for every issue.

If you're thinking of revolutionary change, it means recruiting people who are not as revolutionary as you, and helping them become radicalized as their expectations of Obama are continually dashed.

It also means leadership, organization and discipline, three things that are anathema to many radicals with roots in the old "new left."

E.O.T.

Quote from: johnnybrainwash on April 05, 2010, 03:30:38 AM
wo0o0ot. Danny C gave me two big boxes of comics we can hand out. Be in touch soon.

WHAT'S

          this?
"a good fight justifies any cause"