News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Responsibility

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, March 25, 2010, 11:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NotPublished on March 28, 2010, 03:17:27 AM
Quote from: Nast on March 28, 2010, 02:04:29 AM
Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2010, 02:03:16 AM
No one is saying you have to be sweetness and light, no one here is, but protracted arguments that spill across the forum are unnecessary and at this stage tiring.

Shut your goddamn whore mouth, I'm a fucking fairy princess.

:argh!:

You go girl!

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 28, 2010, 12:01:37 AM
Also, FTR, I don't backpedal. If anything, I escalate. And when I'm wrong, I apologize. However, I am not going to apologize for calling the people who decided to jump my shit for saying I hate all alignment charts because they're all based on TV and video games "two-legged smeg trucks" because A. I wasn't wrong, and B. that was a damn good line.

Except that nobody jumped your shit before you completely lost your shit.

I just pointed out you had been saying "I dont like this thread/discussion" in quite a bunch of different threads, which doesnt add anything to the discussion, except a good possibility to derail them into a shitfest. Your excuse for this was OCD which you said was not our problem. To which I replied that if it causes you to derail threads into arguments about their validity, then yes, it is our problem. And THEN you were all like "Hey you know what, Fuck You" and lost your shit and started calling people smeg trucks or whatever.

So yeah, twist what you want but this is bullshit. It might not have been your intention to pick fights and cause arguments with those very inconstructive remarks, but that is why I asked nicely.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Btw sorry for protracting the argument, but I did NOT "jump her shit", so I'm not having her use that as a justification (I'm not saying backpedalling, oh noo) for her "escalating" and indeed once more derailing the entire thread into a stupid argument.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Except that I had only said something along the lines of "I don't like this thread" twice: Once in Kel's Taco Bell thread where other people were attacking the thread and I said, hey, I don't like this thread either but I don't think there's anything wrong with it, everyone likes some threads and has no interest in others, and the alignment chart thread, which got started right after that, where I said, "Does anyone really like this thread? Because I like Kel's Taco Bell thread better." If that's not blatantly tongue-in-cheek I don't know WTF is.

Later in the alignment chart thread, I said I hate all alignment charts because they're all based on stupid TV shows and video games. That's a comment on alignment charts, which was on-topic, to which Enki immediately produced an alignment chart based on classical art, which made me laugh and I said "Thanks, that's better!" Then Fred was all "You know what? If you don't like this thread don't read it" and I replied with "You know what?" Fuck off" and you and some other guy jumped in.

For some reason "My OCD is not your problem" was really inflammatory too. But it is the reason why I click on every single thread. And it's not your problem, so you don't have to tell me how I should be doin' it.

I don't know when "Fuck off" became TOO HOT TO HANDLE around here. It seems to me like half the forum has their panties wedged too far up their delicate little cracks right now. "ZOMG A SWAR WORD! MUST JOIN ARGUMENT!"

"Two legged smeg trucks" is still funny, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, 000, you are a master at escalating trivial elements to thread-derailing arguments, so hey, pot, kettle, etc.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 28, 2010, 03:06:53 PM

I can't get mad about that.  I lost my shit worse.

But why are we still worrying about what happened in February?  Between the endless bickering and the hostility toward people who post "fluff" threads, traffic is dropping.  Not just "fluff" traffic, either.  Anything resembling content is vanishing even faster.

I'd like to suggest that everyone knock it off.
Molon Lube

Vaudeville Vigilante

On one hand, I'm reminded of the story where everyone's arguing and someone says, "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?"  "DISCORD!" etc

On the other hand,

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 28, 2010, 05:03:12 PM

But why are we still worrying about what happened in February?  Between the endless bickering and the hostility toward people who post "fluff" threads, traffic is dropping.  Not just "fluff" traffic, either.  Anything resembling content is vanishing even faster.

For you, I will drop it.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 28, 2010, 04:55:33 PM
Except that I had only said something along the lines of "I don't like this thread" twice: Once in Kel's Taco Bell thread where other people were attacking the thread and I said, hey, I don't like this thread either but I don't think there's anything wrong with it, everyone likes some threads and has no interest in others, and the alignment chart thread, which got started right after that, where I said, "Does anyone really like this thread? Because I like Kel's Taco Bell thread better." If that's not blatantly tongue-in-cheek I don't know WTF is.

Later in the alignment chart thread, I said I hate all alignment charts because they're all based on stupid TV shows and video games. That's a comment on alignment charts, which was on-topic, to which Enki immediately produced an alignment chart based on classical art, which made me laugh and I said "Thanks, that's better!" Then Fred was all "You know what? If you don't like this thread don't read it" and I replied with "You know what?" Fuck off" and you and some other guy jumped in.

For some reason "My OCD is not your problem" was really inflammatory too. But it is the reason why I click on every single thread. And it's not your problem, so you don't have to tell me how I should be doin' it.

I don't know when "Fuck off" became TOO HOT TO HANDLE around here. It seems to me like half the forum has their panties wedged too far up their delicate little cracks right now. "ZOMG A SWAR WORD! MUST JOIN ARGUMENT!"

Ahhh, okay. Then we are in agreement. If you're cool I'm cool.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 28, 2010, 05:19:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 28, 2010, 05:03:12 PM

For you, I will drop it.

:)
Molon Lube

Shibboleet The Annihilator

This post got me the information I wanted. I'm willing to let this incident go now.

Response-provoking intent of this post aside, I did mean what I said in the OP and it applies to everybody.

Yes, you're going to face adversity but you're just going to keep getting shat on if you don't do something about it. People have more control over their lives than they think and every minute a person spends feeling bad for themselves or otherwise not actively working to solve the problems they encounter is just another shovel-load of horseshit.

It's easy to get discouraged or depressed and it's easy to seek sympathy from others, but these things don't fix problems.

Climbing out of a shit-hole is challenging at best, but god damnit, it's worth it and it's not impossible.

AFK

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on March 28, 2010, 10:00:54 PM
This post got me the information I wanted. I'm willing to let this incident go now.

Response-provoking intent of this post aside, I did mean what I said in the OP and it applies to everybody.

Yes, you're going to face adversity but you're just going to keep getting shat on if you don't do something about it. People have more control over their lives than they think and every minute a person spends feeling bad for themselves or otherwise not actively working to solve the problems they encounter is just another shovel-load of horseshit.

It's easy to get discouraged or depressed and it's easy to seek sympathy from others, but these things don't fix problems.

Climbing out of a shit-hole is challenging at best, but god damnit, it's worth it and it's not impossible.

Agreed 110%.  I was stuck in a hole a few years back.  It would've been easy to curl up in a ball and just hope shit turns out, but I had to finally buckle down and get shit done.  With a little perseverance shit can be navigated.  It's never easy.  But it does feel nice when you work it out yourself. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on March 28, 2010, 11:20:11 PM
1) Nigel started shit with me and a lot of posters I like. She's a big girl and she can stick up for herself. You're the one who's always taking about pills like they're fucking candy.

2) I stop posting funny shit because I have things I need to take care of IRL and you throw 8 shit-fits about how I stabbed everyone in the back. I post some funny shit in response and you throw 8 more shit-fits about how I stabbed you in the back. Get over it man.

Hey TTM, I was wondering if you would mind sharing your list of people it's OK to shit on for "fun"? Just so that nobody ever accidentally tells anyone on your personal white knight list to fuck off. It'll save you so much energy, in the long run.

By the way, PMing to say things you're too chickenshit to say in public is for cowards. Never PM me again, from any of your alts, you disgusting hypocrite.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 29, 2010, 05:39:16 PM
Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on March 28, 2010, 11:20:11 PM
1) Nigel started shit with me and a lot of posters I like. She's a big girl and she can stick up for herself. You're the one who's always taking about pills like they're fucking candy.

2) I stop posting funny shit because I have things I need to take care of IRL and you throw 8 shit-fits about how I stabbed everyone in the back. I post some funny shit in response and you throw 8 more shit-fits about how I stabbed you in the back. Get over it man.

Hey TTM, I was wondering if you would mind sharing your list of people it's OK to shit on for "fun"? Just so that nobody ever accidentally tells anyone on your personal white knight list to fuck off. It'll save you so much energy, in the long run.

By the way, PMing to say things you're too chickenshit to say in public is for cowards. Never PM me again, from any of your alts, you disgusting hypocrite.

Oh, we can drag this out into the open if you really want to. I considered posting it here but decided to PM it instead. I haven't sent you anything from any account but this one, nice attempt at insinuating I'm hiding behind alts though.

I was trying to let the drama die down but you obviously want it to continue. So go right ahead. Let everyone see how bat-shit insane you are. Call me a misogynist because I called you out on your bullshit. Tell me I'm a liar because... why not?

This is what I sent via PM:

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on March 28, 2010, 10:05:24 PM
Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 27, 2010, 03:53:38 PM
I don't think TTM read that part of my post in that other thread, because it kind of pre-emptively takes the wind out of the sail of the OP in this thread. Sorry, guys, my life doesn't suck.

I don't think you realize I'm not talking about your choices IRL or your shitty divorce or any of that when I called you out on stirring shit and being a passive-aggressive bitch on the boards. I'm sorry you've had problems IRL and I'm sorry you had a bad marriage but frankly, I don't really care about your personal life. I don't know you and I don't even really like your online persona half the time. I try not to read your threads because the majority of the ones I've seen are you complaining or writing poetry and they don't entertain me (which is the only reason I come here). I deal with peoples' enough problems in real life, I don't want to see them here so I tend to ignore threads that are full of drama. If you want to post that sort of shit though, I'm not going to stop you.

However, when you start stirring shit with me or with posters I think are alright (like 000, Faust, Noodle, and Net) I'm going to jump down your throat. You can call me a sexist or a chauvinist or whatever other hysterical ad-hominem attacks (indirect or otherwise) you want to fling but it's not going to stop me. If you think I'm going to cut you any more slack than a male poster pulling the same shit, you're not only wrong but you're the one who's a sexist.

Now, I'm going to leave this alone but if you start up with this shit again I'm going to start acting like an asshole towards you again. For the record, I haven't been that much of a dick yet as far as I'm concerned. I try not to tear into people like I used to and you're not all bad but that doesn't mean I won't take a shit on you if you start shitting on me or people I like for no good reason.

So, I'm willing to consider all this water under the bridge now. If you've got legitimate beef with someone, that's one thing but if you're going to just stir shit you should probably do it to people who Have It Coming.

Wow. Look at all the horrible things I said. Damn Nigel, you want some ointment for all those sick burns?

I can't believe I even said that shit. Ouch.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go oppress some women and tell everyone how great I am because I'm a man.

EDIT: Wow, keep sending PMs you crazy bitch. Be sure to publicly complain about it later.