News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

I am in the wrong racket.

Started by Doktor Howl, March 27, 2010, 07:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Nast

Give me some scissors and I can make it in 2 min.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

yeah but you couldnt get someone to pay that much for it cause you dont have a famous lable attached

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nast on March 27, 2010, 07:39:25 PM
Give me some scissors and I can make it in 2 min.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on March 27, 2010, 07:40:30 PM
yeah but you couldnt get someone to pay that much for it cause you dont have a famous lable attached

This.

You fashion peeps are scam artists.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's like the burnout look combined with the zombie look and an exorbitant price tag.  :lulz:

If anyone wants to make their own burnout shirts (and I have to admit I really like them because they're so thin they fit very pleasingly) you can soak a regular cotton/poly 50/50 shirt in a sodium metasulfite solution. I haven't tried it yet but I was thinking of trying it this afternoon, if I can find my stump remover and a couple cheap T-shirts.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

though to be fair, if you look at the zoom pics, at least it seems they stitched the edges of the torn bits.

what's a stump remover?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 27, 2010, 08:05:51 PM
though to be fair, if you look at the zoom pics, at least it seems they stitched the edges of the torn bits.

what's a stump remover?

It's sodium metasulfite... comes cheap in a tin at the hardware store and is meant to rot out dead tree stumps. It eats away the cotton in the T-shirt, leaving a polyester "skeleton". You end up with a very, very soft and thin T-shirt.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 27, 2010, 08:32:03 PM
sounds interesting!

I've got one soaking right now... I'll let you know how it turns out! I have no idea how long to soak it for.

ETA: Well, I have SOME idea, based on how long you're supposed to leave this stuff on a stump, which is 4-6 weeks. Basically I'm going to check it every few days until it looks "done". If this one works well, I'm going to do a whole bucket full of different colors.

Triple Zero

Hm I would also just try soaking one for just a night .. A treestump is a lot harder, I think. Also you know what happens when you get bleach on clothes, right? Sometimes the holes fall in weeks or years later.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'll probably check it in the morning. I'm not very concerned about over-soaking it, though, because it dissolves the lignin in the cotton and doesn't affect the polyester fibers, which is why you have to start with a 50/50 T-shirt.

It seems like a very passive process. You put the shirt in the bucket, walk away, and eventually come back & throw it in the washer.

I'm really hoping it will work; I have one burnout T and love it.

Suu

Now you all know why I've gone into fashion.

-Suu
Just you wait until $300 jeans get my names scrolled across your ass.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 27, 2010, 07:37:50 PM
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/65937#

$1625.00 Tee shirt.  No shit.

Looks like this.

$1625.00.

:lulz:

Ahh yes, that looks like a vintage Hanes Olive T-Shirt, aged on a 1956 Homeless Vietnam Veteran.  That's a steal!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.