News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

from a Rob Brezsny prompt...

Started by dontblameyoko, April 01, 2010, 10:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontblameyoko

from Rob Brezsny's book Pronoia is the Antidote to Paranoia :
"Make up a dream in which you violate a big taboo without hurting anyone."

my made-up dream:
"I was walking in the woods, in late spring or early summer, on a nice day, and i came to a clearing where i saw a bunch of my friends, and also Robert Anton Wilson, and also Alex from the movie 'A Clockwork Orange.'  And one of my friends there was Michael, whom i fancy.  He was wearing a wig of black feathers, and he and Alex were discussing something, i think it was marinara sauce.  And suddenly i put my hand on Michael's arm, and he stoppd talking and looked at me. And then i kissed him on the lips, quickly.  He stared at me, startled, but then he threw his arms around me and kissed me right back.  And a shaft of sunlight beamed down into his head and filled his whole body with sunlight--golden--and then the light entered me, from his mouth to mine, and filled me too.  R.A. Wilson picked a leaf off the tree, rolled it into a joint, and started smoking it.  He offered it to Michael and me, but we were high enough already.  He then offered it to Alex, but ALex said he would prefer it in milk, so he and Wilson wandered off to find a cow."  

Yeah, i know it's incredibly silly.
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

dontblameyoko

wait....should this be in Literate Chaotic instead?
BBBBP

Mangrove

Quote from: dontblameyoko on April 01, 2010, 10:42:43 PM
wait....should this be in Literate Chaotic instead?

Depends. Do you want to brag about this piece? :wink:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

I just learned that made-up dreams are just as boring to read as regular dreams.

Reginald Ret

I can't even find out what the taboo is   :?
That's a sign that it isn't a very big taboo.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

dontblameyoko

The taboo is: randomly kissing a guy i am not even dating or anything (tho i do like him). I guess context is key here.
I guess it's not that big a taboo, but if i did kiss him IRL, he'd probably be like "what?!"  and come to think of it, it might constitute sexual harrassment.   :oops:  So yeah, that would be a taboo, and not a real good one to break IRL. 
As for dreams, well, i had a real dream about this same guy, in which i gave birth to a baby daughter and he became the baby's godfather or something.  It was a little unclear...
BBBBP

BADGE OF HONOR

Man, that's......incredibly tame. 
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

dontblameyoko

Yeah, in a manner of speaking, i guess so.  Just out of curiosity, what would you suggest?
BBBBP

BADGE OF HONOR

Find racier taboos to fake break?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had a dream in which I was a 6-foot-tall half-Chinese, half-Dutch American man having incestuous gay sex with my identical twin. It was great because it was like I was sucking my own dick.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."