News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Man shoots alleged child molester

Started by Dysnomia, April 08, 2010, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysnomia

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36257199/ns/today-today_people/
QuoteAaron Vargas has been in jail ever since Feb. 8, 2009, when police say he shot and killed Darrell McNeill, the man he alleges sexually abused him when he was just 11 years old. After the shooting, 12 other men came forward to say that McNeill, a former Boy Scoutleader and popular member of the community, had also abused them. Some had reported the abuse but law enforcement officials took no action.

People are rallying that this guy should be released.  What do you guys think?  I'm a bit torn on the matter, especially given my history.  On one hand IF this man was guilty of molesting children I think he can go rot in hell.  But what if he's innocent?  Or, is it worse to commit murder?  Was Vargas justified in killing this man?

What do you think?
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Cramulus

I think there's generally a due process involved for these things. And while kiddy fiddling is reprehensible, death is a pretty high price to pay for it.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Or he shot an innocent guy, and hopes having 12 other men lie along with him will let him get away with it.

I also doubt shooting him made things better.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

If the government can whack an "alleged" terrorist, this is just the next logical step.  :horrormirth:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cramulus on April 08, 2010, 05:06:37 PM
I think there's generally a due process involved for these things. And while kiddy fiddling is reprehensible, death is a pretty high price to pay for it.

from the article, it is implied that he only confronted the accused molester after he had a child himself and felt that his daughter might become the next victim....
all i can say is that i would kill a motherfucker, too, if they molested my child or i felt they were going to.

it also indicated in the article that his sentence may be reduced to the time that he's already served.

it's not good, however to set precedent that vigilante justice should get the official stamp of approval by the state...

also, a cap and ball gun?!  really?  i wonder what the thinking was there....

Suu

If you're driven to murder someone, even for a just cause such as molestation, you need to be evaluated. The correct course of action is to inform authorities and have them take care of it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

If someone molested one of my children a quick death by gunshot is what the motherfucker would be praying for......  Because slow and agonizing is what they would get!

If that makes me mentally unstable, I am fairly certain a good 80% of parents worldwide fall into that category.

hooplala

Quote from: Khara on April 08, 2010, 05:26:11 PM
If someone molested one of my children a quick death by gunshot is what the motherfucker would be praying for......  Because slow and agonizing is what they would get!

If that makes me mentally unstable, I am fairly certain a good 80% of parents worldwide fall into that category.

Slow and agonizing?  How is that any better than what the molester did then?  What moral high ground is that?

So, does 1+1=0, then?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on April 08, 2010, 05:29:25 PM

Slow and agonizing?  How is that any better than what the molester did then?  What moral high ground is that?

So, does 1+1=0, then?

Sometimes reality doesn't have moral high ground...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

I can't disagree that if some slimefuck molested my hypothetical kids, I would certainly want to kill him. But acting on that impulse would be wrong. If murdering a molester is acceptable, what about murdering somebody who rammed your brand new car? Or destroyed your livelihood through litigation? Or signed a bill you disagree with?

vigilante justice is awesome

but there are good reasons why you're not allowed to take the law into your own hands

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Hoopla on April 08, 2010, 05:29:25 PM

So, does 1+1=0, then?

Hoops, I don't give a flying fuck about any fucking moral high ground.  

If some motherfucker molested one of my children they would suffer.  I don't think it's better, in fact my goal would be to make it a billion times worse if I could.  

And it's probably just as much from the feelings of failing my child as much as the hatred for them hurting my child.  Either way, if I could, I would I think.

The true question for me is do I have that in me?  

trippinprincezz13

While, on a level, I can understand where the guy's coming from, it would make more sense to me if something was happening in the here and now (i.e., someone just molested my hypothetical child) my first reaction would want to go out and tear that person limb from limb.  But this was something that happened years ago, and just because he thought there was a threat to his daughter from this guy doesn't mean there was (I mean, he wasn't putting her in a boy scout troop run by this guy, right?). And he probably does need some sort of mental health care (if he hasn't already) if he did perceive an immediate threat.

In this situation, while I understand where the guy's feelings are probably coming from (assuming the allegations are true), the authorities should have been contacted since this is something that's been lingering for years, not a right now, knee-jerk reaction to something happening. Not that I want to encourage vigilante justice either, but a knee-jerk reaction would be more understandable, or at least make me more sympathetic to him in this situation.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cramulus on April 08, 2010, 05:37:18 PM
I can't disagree that if some slimefuck molested my hypothetical kids, I would certainly want to kill him. But acting on that impulse would be wrong. If murdering a molester is acceptable, what about murdering somebody who rammed your brand new car? Or destroyed your livelihood through litigation? Or signed a bill you disagree with?

vigilante justice is awesome

but there are good reasons why you're not allowed to take the law into your own hands

Molesting a child and a wrecked car, lost job or bill signing are not in the same category.  Come on!

Cramulus

well where exactly is the line where if somebody does something, it's cool to torture them to death?