News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Man shoots alleged child molester

Started by Dysnomia, April 08, 2010, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on April 09, 2010, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on April 09, 2010, 03:31:57 PM
Err, but hadn't the  law already failed in this instance? Abuse had been reported and apparently ignored.

Rat, it amuses me that you are acting in a manner in which you are certain of the facts in this case.

Well, I un-eprimed it cause people bitch at me for it. Looking back, it does appear certian. Thanks for the tip LMNO.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 09, 2010, 04:13:00 PM
Err, but hadn't the  law already failed in this instance? Abuse had been reported and apparently ignored.

Rat, it amuses me that you are acting in a manner in which you are certain of the facts in this case.

Well, I un-eprimed it cause people bitch at me for it. Looking back, it does appear certian. Thanks for the tip LMNO, maybe.

FIXT
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 09, 2010, 04:17:19 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on April 09, 2010, 04:13:00 PM

Well, I un-eprimed it cause people bitch at me for it. Looking back, it does appear certian. Thanks for the tip LMNO, maybe.

FIXT

:argh!:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Suu on April 08, 2010, 05:16:12 PM
If you're driven to murder someone, even for a just cause such as molestation, you need to be evaluated. The correct course of action is to inform authorities and have them take care of it.

Not a response I'd expect to see get much play on a Discordian board.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cramulus

I love it when people are like, "But.. i thought Discordians were supposed to hate authority!"    :lol:

something something something eristic delusion something

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cramulus on April 09, 2010, 08:38:21 PM
I love it when people are like, "But.. i thought Discordians were supposed to hate authority!"    :lol:

Well sure, but as the go to response, for being molested for 17 years?  That's pretty hard core law and order.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cramulus

at the very least, I'm glad we have collectively defied your expectations  :p

Freeky

Something something COMPLETE.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

h-town

While it's all well and good to keep in mind notions of self-restraint in the possibility of vigilantism, let's not forget that this guy murdered someone who raped him as a child. It's not a theoretical exposition on the nature of justice and accusation anymore when someone personally rapes you. People are pretty good at playing simcity with percentages of pedophilia and ladling out justice in fair increments when the situation calls for it and appearing to be a fair and balanced individuals in the process but I firmly believe in a DIY sensibility when someone goes over and beyond in this capacity to fuck you over; doubly so if you are a kid at the time.

I know I'm naturally against a state death penalty because the idea creeps me out, however I also don't mind personal justice in these circumstances and the courts appraisal of the situation as special, as in not the usual motive for murder, suggests that society at large respects this man's reasons for murder while simultaneously being cautious towards appearing too accepting of individuals taking matters into their own hands this way, 17 other accusers notwithstanding.

Personally I view pedophilia as a developmental psychological illness and our society could do a better job with dealing with these people and giving them the proper treatment and monitored professional help they require. The unfortunate social reality and repercussion of outing yourself as a pedophile though keeps almost all pedophiles anally guarded against seeking help which only serves to enforce the secluded nature of what they do or want to do. Tragedies like this could have been avoided if more positive institutions were in place to help these people before they go out and rape kids. It's easy to judge pedophiles, fuck it: I know I do, however it's important to remember that no one chooses who they are attracted to; which in itself obviously does not make it okay and if you looked into the matter you'd see that a large number of pedophiles themselves don't think it's okay either.

On a side note, I've always been fascinated with how morally corrupt people such as the mafia may view what they do as evil (semantics aside) but use a strong anti-child abuse stance as a weird validation for gun running or assassination. It's like "Yea, we kill people.. but we don't rape kids!"

East Coast Hustle

Noob took the words right outta my mouth, or would have if I had felt like bothering to expound on my thoughts on the matter.

Right on, noob!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

h-town

Do onto others as others do onto you, I guess?

LMNO

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 09, 2010, 08:42:10 PM

Well sure, but as the go to response, for being molested for 17 years?  That's pretty hard core law and order.

personally, I would tend to think that someone who was subjected to Discordian thought patterns for any length of time would probably NOT have been abused/manipulated for 17 years.

East Coast Hustle

Bullshit.

Everyone knows that 2/3 of all discordians were raped by every black man they ever encountered.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

You know as well as I do that it's not rape if you enjoy it.