News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:05:26 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 01:59:12 AM

How could you guys not know that mod status bypasses the PM block feature? I knew that. He knew, because I told him, and it shouldn't have mattered after the first time I asked him to stop PMing me.
No one has ever put a mod on pm block. He mightn't believe you what with the shit you come out with, and telling someone to stop pm'ing them is a grey area in my mind, especially if he didn't know that you couldn't block him

I already told you that I told him. So he knew. As for being a grey area... no. It's not. Continuing to PM someone after being asked to stop is harassment.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:09:27 AM

How could you guys not know that mod status bypasses the PM block feature? I knew that. He knew, because I told him, and it shouldn't have mattered after the first time I asked him to stop PMing me.
No one has ever put a mod on pm block. He mightn't believe you what with the shit you come out with, and telling someone to stop pm'ing them is a grey area in my mind, especially if he didn't know that you couldn't block him

I already told you that I told him. So he knew. As for being a grey area... no. It's not. Continuing to PM someone after being asked to stop is harassment.
as it would be if it happened on the forum but would that stop you?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

So far, I haven't seen or heard of any mod abuse other than overriding the PM ignore feature, which was reported to me, but which I obviously could not see, and which has apparently stopped.

However, as a poster, TTM is being just as bad as Nigel, and he's taken things farther.  "Slut" isn't acceptable.  Neither is "desperate whore"  Sorry.  And "I could have done worse" is not a justification.
Molon Lube

AFK

Again, I've known TTM from the beginning.  He is a stand up guy.  He's been a stand up mod.  He hasn't been like Hugh who would literally alter people's posts.  He hasn't banned anybody on a whim.  He's been a good mod, as have all the other mods.  And with this thread he was trying to gauge the public mood re: this latest drama blowup. Meanwhile, here is another instance of Nigel getting pissed off with someone and not letting it go, and making sure everyone everywhere knows how much she dislikes the person and piss on anyone who actually likes the person she dislikes.  Go apeshit and then hammer down on the accelerator.  It's fucking old.  It's one of the reasons I'm not too terribly sad about not being able to be around as much anymore.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 02:16:42 AM
Again, I've known TTM from the beginning.  He is a stand up guy.  He's been a stand up mod.  He hasn't been like Hugh who would literally alter people's posts.  

Agreed.  I have no complaints of his moderating at all.  In fact, I have no complaints about him whatsoever.  I was simply pointing out a fact.

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 02:16:42 AM
 Go apeshit and then hammer down on the accelerator.  It's fucking old.  It's one of the reasons I'm not too terribly sad about not being able to be around as much anymore.  

I just blow past it when it gets old.  Plus, it's not like I don't have a history of this shit myself.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on March 25, 2010, 02:09:32 AM

FOAD, vacuous cunt. 000 is one of the most level-headed and decent posters I've seen on here.

I spent a great deal of time barely tolerating you, but I no longer feel the need to.

I've never liked you and I think Net was right when he said you were a desperate whore.

I don't know what the fuck your deal is but the vast majority of your problems are because YOU make them for yourself.

I don't believe you're an irredeemable piece of shit, but if you want my advice (you probably don't but I'm going to give it anyways) you need to spend less time trying to start shit and making yourself look like a psycho hose beast (heh, I love that term) in the process and more time unfucking yourself.

If not for the boards, do it For The Children™ Nigel. Do it For The Children™.

P.S. I am concerned about your treatment of Timmy. Is he getting enough alfalfa?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

I hadn't been paying much attention to the whole mess.  The only criticism I have of TTM as a mod is making this thread a sticky, thus pushing the drama more in the faces of those of us who ere ignoring it.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:11:09 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:09:27 AM

as it would be if it happened on the forum but would that stop you?

Legally, AFAIK, it would not in fact be harassment, whereas it is when it occurs in private message or email. But that is a good question. If someone asked me to leave them alone, and then they themselves actually left me alone, I think that most likely I would.

So... what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Or are we now moving into the field of hypothetical debate?

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 02:16:06 AM
So far, I haven't seen or heard of any mod abuse other than overriding the PM ignore feature, which was reported to me, but which I obviously could not see, and which has apparently stopped.

However, as a poster, TTM is being just as bad as Nigel, and he's taken things farther.  "Slut" isn't acceptable.  Neither is "desperate whore"  Sorry.  And "I could have done worse" is not a justification.
They were really horrible things to say, he went all out on her and those are things that shouldn't be said to anyone. But they were part of their feud and didn't have anything to do with moderating. On the other hand, the random provocation by her in something as unrelated as a link thread shouldn't happen either.

I.. Ugh. I really didn't want to do this but it may be important in the future I am turning on the report PM feature.
From now on if you feel the need it is possible to forward the pm to the moderators Please do your best to sort out your own issues without calling in the mods.

AFK

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 22, 2010, 02:22:37 AM
I hadn't been paying much attention to the whole mess.  The only criticism I have of TTM as a mod is making this thread a sticky, thus pushing the drama more in the faces of those of us who ere ignoring it.

Well, that was the whole point.  To get everyone's attention and ask them their opinion about how to handle the drama spill.  Did you read the first post? 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Here is the matter as it stands.

I dislike TTM. I think he's a piece of subhuman shit on the level of Wade, and I have a perfectly good reason to.

While I'm sure other people enjoy his links, he contributes absolutely nothing I value to the forum.

He also explodes into rather gratifying levels of hysteria with very little prodding.

I am honestly not sure I can resist the temptation.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 02:25:18 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 22, 2010, 02:22:37 AM

Well, that was the whole point.  To get everyone's attention and ask them their opinion about how to handle the drama spill.  Did you read the first post? 

I did.  It still looks like a silly thing to sticky.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What you do with the threads is irrelevant to me, provided he doesn't name them. :lol:

The problem is that if, one day a few weeks or months down the road, I get an itch on my ass and he yet again posts something dull and old, I might just have a hard time not saying something like "I hate alignment charts" because I'll know, in the back of my head, that the reaction will be like taking a frozen lolly away from a 4-year-old, except funnier because he's like 31 or something.  Then there will be another drama-whoring stickied poll about what to do with all of the drama.

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:27:26 AM

I dislike TTM. I think he's a piece of subhuman shit on the level of Wade, and I have a perfectly good reason to.

While I'm sure other people enjoy his links, he contributes absolutely nothing I value to the forum.

He also explodes into rather gratifying levels of hysteria with very little prodding.

then don't go crying about harassment, and don't accuse people of mod abuse when they remove your shit from their threads.

AFK

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:27:26 AM

Even Alanis Morissette would recognize the irony in that statement.