News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:55:24 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 02:51:38 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:24:30 AM

They were really horrible things to say, he went all out on her and those are things that shouldn't be said to anyone. But they were part of their feud and didn't have anything to do with moderating. On the other hand, the random provocation by her in something as unrelated as a link thread shouldn't happen either.

Sure.  But get mad at the sun for rising.  All this hollering about their drama has, of course, only increased the drama.

I'm not increasing it.

Everyone who has taken a side in this has increased it.  Do you deny taking a side, as a poster (not as a mod)?
Molon Lube

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 22, 2010, 02:22:37 AM
I hadn't been paying much attention to the whole mess.  The only criticism I have of TTM as a mod is making this thread a sticky, thus pushing the drama more in the faces of those of us who ere ignoring it.

Considering you're not the first to complain about it, I'm unstickying the thread. I think it has the attention of a sufficient amount of people affected by the problem and has gauged the mood of the forum. If it continues to be a hot topic it will stay towards the top, if not it will die and if we're all lucky this drama will die with it.

As far as the PMing goes, I assumed Nigel was full of shit and just trying to troll. In light of the fact that this is an actual feature of the forum (last time ignoring was discussed it was deemed not technically possible), I will never PM anyone who tells me I am on their ignore list unless there is a mod-related reason to do so.

That said, Nigel continued to PM me when I told her
1) That it was water under the bridge as far as I was concerned
2) To fuck off
3) To let it go
...and she continually PMed me with the obvious intent of continuing to cause trouble, but that's what she does: She's a bully and a drama whore (among other things).

I called her on it the first time she tried stirring shit with me and it shut her up for a while but then she tried again and I decided that I should play along. This is where it has led.

As far as renaming thread titles, the only renaming that was done was when I split Nigel's trolling out of a thread and left the first post in the thread as hers so that she could rename it (and she did) and did not leave any sort of insulting of inflammatory title.

Nigel has repeatedly shown that she's a shit-stirring bully and a drama-whore. I've repeatedly offered to resolve this publically and privately and Nigel is obviously more concerned with stirring more shit.

People have voted and they've said that
1) They don't care
2) They want it contained to a single thread

So, Nigel, if you're intent on dragging this hysteria out to its end I'm more than happy to engage you in a debate on how much of a crazy bitch you are and how you thrive on abusing other posters and causing drama by trolling your home forum, but I and everyone else here would appreciate it if you contained your bat-shit insane bitchfits to a single thread.

I don't think you can for any sustained period of time and I'm confident that if you do have a proper argument with me you will lose, badly.

Look at this whole thread. Most of it is you arguing with anyone who will listen. This alone is proof that all you really want is drama and you'll do pretty much anything to get it.

Any time I have asked you to show how I was a misogynist, a sociopath or any of the other ridiculous ad-hominem attacks you've feebly flung at me, you have completely failed to come up with any sort of actual answer.

The ball is in your court you fucking lunatic, just keep in mind that most of what you are probably going to say is just going to make you look like an even crazier bitch.

All that said, if you want to attempt to have an argument with me, we should restrict it to this thread. People are already sick of this shit. People are sick of your shit.

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:54:17 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:47:21 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:44:57 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:42:31 AM
Still wrong. The thread can be renamed at any time by the person who posted it, a mod doesn't have to do that.
It would be HIS thread if his post started it. Just because you went BAWWWWW when you saw the mean thread title doesn't make it mod abuse.

I disagree. I think a mod should be acting as a mod when they are doing something only mods can do.

He did and he acted like a poster when he posted the new thread that was after all, his thread.

So you're saying that anyone can take their own thread, split someone else's posts out of it, and start a new thread with those posts, naming it anything they want?

Or are you just using fucked-up logic to defend an indefensible position?
No, you just cant follow what I'm saying.
The posts were already in his thread, which he could name whatever he liked. Just because he split from your first post doesn't mean its your thread.
If he had started one before the person who got the first post could call that thread whatever they wanted and you couldn't complain because they wouldn't be mods.

You are just butthurt that he threw your junk out and named it something mean. It no longer had any context or meaning and what he did with it is HIS RIGHT, it was HIS THREAD.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 02:56:50 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:55:24 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 02:51:38 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:24:30 AM

They were really horrible things to say, he went all out on her and those are things that shouldn't be said to anyone. But they were part of their feud and didn't have anything to do with moderating. On the other hand, the random provocation by her in something as unrelated as a link thread shouldn't happen either.

Sure.  But get mad at the sun for rising.  All this hollering about their drama has, of course, only increased the drama.

I'm not increasing it.

Everyone who has taken a side in this has increased it.  Do you deny taking a side, as a poster (not as a mod)?
I recognise what TTM did as wrong, and he agreed on it. I see them both as bad as each other for drama, but nigel is the one bringing technical issues into it.
It is only the technical issues I am discussing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Again, for the record, it's not a federal fucking case, it's just one more thing on my "WTF is that douche a mod anyway?" checklist. I doubt any of the other mods or admins would let spite dictate the renaming of a split thread to that degree.

For that matter, I doubt anyone else (but Faust, obviously) would have split arguing out of a stupid link thread in Apple Talk.

For that matter, I shouldn't have renamed it, because it was more revealing of his own utter dickery to just leave it. Oh well.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 02:58:13 AM

I don't think you can for any sustained period of time and I'm confident that if you do have a properly argument with my you will lose, badly.

What?  Either I'm more spaced on these pills than I thought, or that sentence made no sense.

All that said, if you want to attempt to have an argument with me, we should restrict it to this thread. People are already sick of this shit. People are sick of your shit.

I'm not sick of her shit.  
Molon Lube

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:02:31 AM

I don't think you can for any sustained period of time and I'm confident that if you do have a properly argument with my you will lose, badly.

What?  Either I'm more spaced on these pills than I thought, or that sentence made no sense.

1) I don't think she can contain her hysterical bitch-fits to a single thread.
2) You appear to be in the minority.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And Faust, you are not getting what I am saying, which is that the second someone decides to take action as a moderator, they should follow through with that action as a moderator, including not letting spite dictate what they rename the split thread.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That said, Nigel continued to PM me when I told her
1) That it was water under the bridge as far as I was concerned
2) To fuck off
3) To let it go
...and she continually PMed me with the obvious intent of continuing to cause trouble

You are a lying sack of shit. Each and every PM I sent to you was telling you to stop fucking PMing me, and you were deliberately baiting me by PMing me back.

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:04:23 AM
And Faust, you are not getting what I am saying, which is that the second someone decides to take action as a moderator, they should follow through with that action as a moderator, including not letting spite dictate what they rename the split thread.
Yeah, if it wasn't his thread that would hold up, he would have to be objective and shit. Of course you are arguing in the defence of a title for bunch of posts where you attacked him, so its kind of hard to say that the name did not reflect the subject matter.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 22, 2010, 03:04:23 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 03:02:31 AM

1) I don't think she can contain her hysterical bitch-fits to a single thread.
2) You appear to be in the minority.

1.  She isn't actually required to.  I'd appreciate it, personally, if it just stays in Apple Talk.

2.  I'm comfortable with that.  The only time Nigel hasn't had my back is when I was ill, before anyone knew I was ill.  Can't blame her then, based on my behavior...*I* wouldn't have had my back.  In fact, I didn't.  I don't count that, obviously.  So I guess I'll have her back even if I'm the only one doing it, or if everyone's doing it.  I mean, after all, doing what you think is right isn't gauged by popularity, right?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's not like I don't have copies of all of your PMs and mine in my outbox. That's why I replied to all of them... I wasn't sure whether a mod could delete PMs from my inbox, so I replied and then forwarded them.

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:10:41 AM
It's not like I don't have copies of all of your PMs and mine in my outbox. That's why I replied to all of them... I wasn't sure whether a mod could delete PMs from my inbox, so I replied and then forwarded them.

The PM report button is now active, but please don't air your dirty laundry in public,

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:09:29 AM
Yeah, if it wasn't his thread that would hold up, he would have to be objective and shit. Of course you are arguing in the defence of a title for bunch of posts where you attacked him, so its kind of hard to say that the name did not reflect the subject matter.

I'm just saying that IMO mods should have to be objective even, or especially, when they're modding their own threads. That, or have someone else do it for them.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 03:14:05 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 03:09:29 AM

I'm just saying that IMO mods should have to be objective even, or especially, when they're modding their own threads. That, or have someone else do it for them.

I've split my own threads before, IIRC.  Of course, I'll split anyone's thread, on request, as long as there's at least 2 posts in it.
Molon Lube